British Speedway Forum

i think im still going but 25 quid is seriously wrong just like the 20 quid at sheffield.im doing all 3 this year and at the minute the nlrc beat the plrc by a mile and not because we had an interest in the nlrc

£25? Do the BSPA (remember it has Promoters in the title) have any idea how to attract as many people as possible to an event? Where's the justification? What will people get for the extra £10?

They should be wearing masks and stripey jumpers.

Anyone with any sense will stay away. Maybe then they'll get the message that ripping people off is not the way to sell your product; a product that is deteriorating year on year.

Super 7? It's the Alright 7. And prices should reflect that.

£ 25 :shock: who on earh come with that price ? half the field won't turn up anyhow and no doubt the winning prize will be a engine :rolleyes: a lower price would not only a get bigger crowd but would no doubt bring in more money as hardly anyone is going to pay £25 .

I reckon it will be more than the PLRC which was £20

£20.00 to watch a load of has beens, wanna be's & never will be's ... Dick Turpin rides again :nono:

£20.00 to watch a load of has beens, wanna be's & never will be's ... Dick Turpin rides again :nono:

What blindingly ill informed post.

Oh for the 'Good Old Days' when Riders were honoured to appear in the BLRC. Ask Briggo, Mauger, Wilson etc. Winning the Meeting in those days REALLY meant something.

Scott Nicholls has won the Event Six Times - so has Briggo - BUT - there is no comparison in the opposition.

I think you are getting confused with the British Final WK. Nicholls has never won the ELRC.

Winners:

Barry Briggs 6

Jason Crump 4

Ivan Mauger 4

Ole Olsen 4

Sam Ermolenko 3

Hans Nielsen 3

Kenny Carter 2

Peter Collins 2

Erik Gundersen 2

Nicki Pedersen 2

Tony Rickardsson 2

Leigh Adams 1

Les Collins 1

Greg Hancock 1

Gary Havelock 1

Per Jonsson 1

Freddie Lindgren 1

John Louis 1

Shawn Moran 1

Chris Morton 1

Bjarne Pedersen 1

Jan O. Pedersen 1

Trevor Redmond 1

Reg Reeves 1

Lee Richardson 1

Joe Screen 1

Len Silver 1

Ryan Sullivan 1

Edited by ImpartialOne

Dont think Messrs.Nicholls or Wilson have won the event WK. Remember the great Briggo winning it 6 times in a row in the 60s. I think it was held at Belle Vue from the early 60s to early 90s. All the top riders have won it...Mauger, Olsen, Nielsen, Gundersen, Ricko, Crump, Adams, Ermolenko, Pedersen, Carter, Richardson etc.,

Too expensive for me and 'er indoors...50 quid, bleedin' rip-off if all the top riders aren't there :blink::angry: . Will be going to Bath Races the next day...2 tickets for £16, better facilties as well.

Bit embarassing this. :oops: Yes - I did get mixed up (put it down to age and senility :wink: )

I'm sorry about that.

However the fact DOES remain that the ELRC is not a patch on the Competition it (or the BLRC equivalent) USED to be. :sad: :sad:

Thank you to both keef and IO for putting me right - as the Headmaster used to say - "must try harder". :)

£25? Do the BSPA (remember it has Promoters in the title) have any idea how to attract as many people as possible to an event? Where's the justification? What will people get for the extra £10?

Anyone with any sense will stay away. Maybe then they'll get the message that ripping people off is not the way to sell your product; a product that is deteriorating year on year.

Couldnt agree more, its even more laughable when you consider it was £20 for the World U21 Final at Poole in July. Why should this be £5 more, when going on recent history, some riders dont even treat it with respect.

Edited by Brummie Kev

What blindingly ill informed post.

Why would that be then .... looked at the prem and it sure seems that way ???

Clearly the answer is No, I really dont know why some supporters are surprised at this, complete waste of time.

However the fact DOES remain that the ELRC is not a patch on the Competition it (or the BLRC equivalent) USED to be.

Of course it isn't, blame the bloody GPs!!

I think £16 for Elite League speedway is over priced but this just shows us how incompetent our promoters are in this country.

I can't find the ticket prices anywhere, has it been announced yet because I have to break the news to my son that we will not be attending if the tickets are £25 :mad:

I can't find the ticket prices anywhere, has it been announced yet because I have to break the news to my son that we will not be attending if the tickets are £25 :mad:

The Swindon site did have £25.00 OAP's £20.00 and Children £5.00 , But they are not showing it now.

If this pricing structure is correct then it is absolutely shameful. Obviously, the organisers of the Super 7 have their heads somewhere near their backsides.

Unfortunately, I am coming up from the Riviera and have booked my accommodation, principally because my family live in Swindon and it was an opportunity to see them as well. Had I known the amount in advance then it is likely I would have made alternative plans. I still might, the ice hockey seems a damn sight cheaper.

I seriously hope this generates a poor turn out and maybe, just maybe, they may actually think about supporters for once.