British Speedway Forum
boston five

Sheffield V Belle Vue Colts 6thoct

Not at all,and after the track had been bladed off it was dry and ok to race,sadly the last downpour put paid to that you are right,but up until then,with a load of effort by the track staff it was game on,and for the bellevue team not to be changed and the saints ready,i dont think looked very good

Different attitudes were evident i think and you could see who wanted it,

I wouldnt say 'Who wanted it' I would probably say 'who needed it' anyway according to Mr Mungo's post it looks like BV have agreed to extend the deadline so that answers your question of BV's commitement.

I wouldnt say 'Who wanted it' I would probably say 'who needed it' anyway according to Mr Mungo's post it looks like BV have agreed to extend the deadline so that answers your question of BV's commitement.

or maybe they were made to extend the deadline!!!!

Edited by montie

or maybe they were made to extend the deadline!!!!

I think BV agreeing to R/R when Wrathall got injured on a practice lap and agrreing to ride without 3 Ht leaders in NL fixtures speaks for its self dont you

Edited by TMW

I think BV agreeing to R/R when Wrathall got injured on a practice lap and agrreing to ride without 3 Ht leaders in NL fixtures speaks for its self dont you

whats that got to do with it??? sweet FA!

Yu need to rocognise a wind up when you see one....................I'm getting bored now so for that reason 'I'm out'

As I seem to be the only one playing 'on your own'

Actually it has got a lot to do with it. It was all about the spirit in which BV went back into the NL, and they didn't want to kick off the season racing against a team with just one reserve. Nobody likes to see that spectacle.

Interesting to read your comments about the track being rideable after blading - it did look better but it was far from safe with shale piled up against the home and back straight fences ready to catch a riders footrest, a massive hole just short of the start line, and floods on bend 2 and 3. I think had it not rained again, it could have been made rideable but it was no means dry and safe up to that point but that is all irrelevent because it p****d it down almost straight after ALL the riders were ready to go with bikes warmed up including Jason Garrity who only went along to watch.

Spent all day waiting for this meeting to be called off, because I had a feeling that the weather would be the winner, and the only reason for going down was to use Junior's prize from the raffle last week a free carvery otherwise I would have stayed at home.

And kind of knew that the writing was on the wall when arriving just before 7.00pm the gates were not opened, we had to wait a further 20 minutes in the cold rain for the gates to open.

When entered the stadium and looked at the track my first thoughts were that there was no way that I was going to see a speedway meeting and I was proved right in the end, hats off to the track staff who worked their nuts of to try and get the meeting on, but I think that a lot of people could have been saved a lot of time, money ad in the case of the track staff a helluva a lot of hard work and effort fighting a losing battle.

Spent all day waiting for this meeting to be called off, because I had a feeling that the weather would be the winner, and the only reason for going down was to use Junior's prize from the raffle last week a free carvery otherwise I would have stayed at home.

And kind of knew that the writing was on the wall when arriving just before 7.00pm the gates were not opened, we had to wait a further 20 minutes in the cold rain for the gates to open.

When entered the stadium and looked at the track my first thoughts were that there was no way that I was going to see a speedway meeting and I was proved right in the end, hats off to the track staff who worked their nuts of to try and get the meeting on, but I think that a lot of people could have been saved a lot of time, money ad in the case of the track staff a helluva a lot of hard work and effort fighting a losing battle.

Track staff worked hard to get it rideable. When the skies cleared it looked promising and with a bit more grading, we could have had a match. Then the black rain clouds came and that was that. Hope that you enjoyed your carvery whilst watching us silly sods trying to get bikes ready for racing!!

Track staff worked hard to get it rideable. When the skies cleared it looked promising and with a bit more grading, we could have had a match. Then the black rain clouds came and that was that. Hope that you enjoyed your carvery whilst watching us silly sods trying to get bikes ready for racing!!

Yeah thanks GC very nice meal :t: , too be fair to the Sheffield Promotion, and the track staff they are very good at getting meetings on, even when we the supporters think that there is no chance, but when we eventually got into the stadium last night I just could see how there was any chance, and as you have pointed out the last heavy downpour put pay to a lot of people's hard work.

Taken from Scunny web site:-

The Scorpions meeting at Glasgow on Sunday (9th October) starts at 1.30pm whilst the next speedway action at the Eddie Wright Raceway is on Tuesday night, (11th October, 7.30pm) when the Jotun Paints Saints hope to make it into the National League Title Playoff Final at the second time of asking. Last Thursday’s second leg of the semi-final at Sheffield was rained-off but just five points behind from the first leg (41-46) the Saints will be hoping it is second time lucky against the Belle Vue Colts. Should the Saints be successful the home leg of the final against Mildenhall is expected to be Friday 21st October (7.30pm)

Yet again a Colts meeting at Sheffield being rained off and restaged at Scunthorpe. Can Belle Vue & Sheffield fans with rain off tickets get refunds?

Yet again a Colts meeting at Sheffield being rained off and restaged at Scunthorpe. Can Belle Vue & Sheffield fans with rain off tickets get refunds?

Dont quote me Rob but im sure something was said last night that rain off tickets could be used at either Scunny on Tuesday or Sheff on Thhursday,but dont hold me to it as i didnt hear it 100% last night due to some Redcar chappies!!!!!

Did anyone else notice the huge difference in attitudes between the two teams least night?All the Saints rider changed and warming bike up,manager with them,captain showing form by being first changed etc,where was BV didnt even seem to have bike in the pits until late and two rider still unchanged 10 mins before it was called off

I got the impresion BV didnt want it,maybe something to do with the cut of date :wink:

Interesting how you have used the exact words Parnaby used in the SS this week effectively calliing the Colts 'soft', and none of the Sheffield supporters, that were there, have agreed with you. Well I do hope the Colts read it. On here is fine but the SS is supposed to be a refelction of the sport. What a complete joke.

Interesting how you have used the exact words Parnaby used in the SS this week effectively calliing the Colts 'soft', and none of the Sheffield supporters, that were there, have agreed with you. Well I do hope the Colts read it. On here is fine but the SS is supposed to be a refelction of the sport. What a complete joke.

Would you been so kind as to point out where i have caalled the colts "SOFT",i pointed out the visable differences between the to teams,which is true

TMW,where were you last thursday,were you there???

Im not saying the meeting should or should not have been run,i dont ride a bike so can`t comment really,but i stand by what i said,one team seemed to want it,the other didnt???

Edited by montie

If Parnaby used those words then the Speedway Star should quote him. Why should the Speedway Star censor him?

It's all a bit of showmanship rivalry... Malcolm and some of the riders are ex-Scunthorpe so it adds a bit of 'spice' to the meeting. Nothing wrong with that - and if it brings a few extra through the gate 'job done'.