British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

4 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

That is ridiculous, especially in Sweden, to allow only 50 spectators at outdoor sports venues that could easily accomodate thousands of people. Is there any hope that more spectators will be allowed in July, August, September, or October ? 

Norway had an upper  limit of 50 until June 15, and now they let up to 200 spectators in, and Finland already allows up to 500. Why can't the Swedes agree on a higher number? 

Could be something to do with how currently they are doing with the Covid outbreak https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

Can someone explain to me the meeting format for Sweden? I've had a look at a few meetings from last year and it seems a little all over the place. Does heat 10 really have 3 reserves and the away number 5? Any help would be appreciated thanks

Also team compositions... Seems there aren't no number 1s etc... A bit like Poland they pick and choose the rider order. Also what about reserves, does it have to be a Swede at number 7 and number 6 can be anyone? Cheers

Edited by Dandelion

Is the blank heat schedule on page 1, minus the second reserve race and heats 12, 13, 14 brought forward 1 race each correct? And 14 and 15 nominated heats?

19 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Is the blank heat schedule on page 1, minus the second reserve race and heats 12, 13, 14 brought forward 1 race each correct? And 14 and 15 nominated heats?

shouldn`t think so with 6 man sides in 2020 !!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

This is a actual result card from 2020 - N is where a rider is replaced from a programme ride. Heat 14 and 15 are nominated.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Can someone explain to me the meeting format for Sweden? I've had a look at a few meetings from last year and it seems a little all over the place. Does heat 10 really have 3 reserves and the away number 5? Any help would be appreciated thanks

Also team compositions... Seems there aren't no number 1s etc... A bit like Poland they pick and choose the rider order. Also what about reserves, does it have to be a Swede at number 7 and number 6 can be anyone? Cheers

With a normal hear schedule Heat 9 and 10 have one reserve from each team. You are also correct that there is no dedicated nr 1 but
that teams can choose freely how to place their 5 best riders. Reserves can be non Swedish riders as well. Normally the home team
put their best riders at 1,3 & 5. Also unlike Britain, averages are updated after every meeting so reserves can change from one meeting to another.

https://ta.svemo.se/Public/Pages/Competition/DrivingSchedule/CompetitionHeatSchema.aspx?Branch=Speedway&Season=2019&Serie=Elitserien&Resultfilter=APPROVED&Columns=FromDateShort,Name,HeatSchema,HeatResult&pagesize=20&CompetitionId=10771

The heat schedule this year will look like this, not sure if there are other rule changes as well due to the new format.
Heat 13 -15 will have riders based on their scoring, with the two lowest scoring from each team in h13 and highest scoring in h15.

k4zNqkI.png

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 11:57 AM, Ghostwalker said:

It will only be 8 teams since Smederna have decided to sit out this season. 

They say that they don't want to risk their finances but doing 9 meetings + -"play offs" without spectators. Each team are supposed to be paid 560 000 SEK (about 50 000 GBP) but apparently Smederna don't consider this to be enough. 

It will be 6 man teams and 8 rounds with a bonus round to make sure all teams get the same amount of home meetings. 

https://www.elitspeedway.com/artikel/pwzzakbzk-21mi1/forutsattningarna-for-bauhaus-ligan-klara

How many teams qualify for the play-offs ? Is it four (top four straight into the semis) or six (with an additional quarter-final round) ? 

24 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

How many teams qualify for the play-offs ? Is it four (top four straight into the semis) or six (with an additional quarter-final round) ? 

The article quotes QF`s, semi`s and final. It could be 3 teams to semi and 4th and 5th meet in QF

Edited by racers and royals

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The article quotes QF`s, semi`s and final.

O.k. then it will probaly be the top six in the Playoffs with 3rd to 6th in two quarter-finals, and 1st and 2nd straight into the semis.

I guess with Eskilstuna already withdrawing, there would be no relegation from the Eliteserien to the Allsvenskan this year. Right?

Edited by Bavarian

5 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

O.k. then it will probaly be the top six in the Playoffs with 3rd to 6th in two quarter-finals, and 1st and 2nd straight into the semis.

I guess with Eskilstuna already withdrawing, there would be no relegation from the Eliteserien to the Allsvenskan this year. Right?

I only had a quick look at old Svemo site but it looks as if the fixtures are on there with 1 Qf ie 5 teams

Edit sorry that`s not the revised fixtures so cannot confirm how many teams in play-offs.

Edited by racers and royals

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I only had a quick look at old Svemo site but it looks as if the fixtures are on there with 1 Qf ie 5 teams

o.k.

Edited by Bavarian

Just now, Bavarian said:

o.k. then it should be 4th v 5th in one quarter-final, while the top three teams will go straigth into into the semis. Thanks for the info !

see my edit.

12 hours ago, Bavarian said:

All 8 teams.

It will be team 1 vs. team 8, teams 2 vs. team 7,  team 3 vs. team 6 and team 4 vs. team 5.

Rond 1 - 11 augusti

• Lejonen - Masarna
  • Vetlanda Speedway - Dackarna
  • Kumla Indianerna - Rospiggarna
  • Piraterna - Västervik

Rond 2 - 13 augusti

• Västervik - Lejonen
  • Dackarna - Piraterna
  • Rospiggarna - Vetlanda Speedway
  • Masarna - Kumla Indianerna

Rond 3 - 18 augusti

• Lejonen - Rospiggarna
  • Dackarna - Kumla Indianerna
  • Piraterna - Masarna
  • Västervik - Vetlanda Speedway

Rond 4 - 20 augusti

• Vetlanda Speedway - Piraterna
  • Masarna - Dackarna
  • Kumla Indianerna - Lejonen
  • Rospiggarna - Västervik

Rond 5 - 25 augusti

• Dackarna - Lejonen
  • Masarna- Vetlanda Speedway
  • Piraterna - Rospiggarna
  • Kumla Indianerna - Västervik

Reservdag - 27 augusti

Rond 6 - 1 september

• Lejonen - Piraterna
  • Vetlanda Speedway - Kumla Indianerna
  • Västervik - Masarna
  • Rospiggarna - Dackarna

Rond 7 - 8 september

• Dackarna - Västervik
  • Lejonen - Vetlanda Speedway
  • Piraterna - Kumla Indianerna
  • Masarna - Rospiggarna

Rond 8 - 15 september

• Västervik - Dackarna
  • Vetlanda Speedway - Lejonen
  • Kumla Indianerna - Piraterna
  • Rospiggarna - Masarna

Reservdag - 17 september

Slutspel

Kvartsfinal, vecka 39 - 22,23,24 september Lag 8 - Lag 1 (Match 1) Lag 5 - Lag 4 (Match 2) Lag 7 - Lag 2 (Match 3) Lag 6 - Lag 3 (Match 4)

Semifinal, vecka 40 - 29,30 september Segrare i match 1 och 2 Segrare i match 3 och 4

Final, vecka 41 - 6,7,8 oktober

https://www.lejonen.se/artikel/ki44akc0z-305gd/11-augusti-borjar-bauhaus-ligan

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1