British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

Rules for next season: https://www.svemo.se/globalassets/svemo-forbundet/dokumentcenter/protokoll/speedway/2020/beslutsprotokoll_7_track-racing_gallande-elitserien-allsvenskan_2021.pdf

Elitserien

• 6 riders/lineup + an optional nr 7, nr 6 is considered reserve
  • Rider nr 7 has to have a licensed issued be Svemo and the average are have to be 1.000 or lower
  • Basically same heat schedule as this season with some minor changes (gates)
  • Minimum 3 heats for nr 6
  • Maximum  6 heats for rider 1-6 + one R/R heat.
  • Rider 7 can replace any other rider whenever team manager like.
  • Tactical substitute allowed when 8 p down, cannot be used in heat 15.
  • Squad size 8 riders with an average above 0,500
  • Line up average cap (rider 1-6) is 10.250
  • No average floor limit.
  • No guest riders
  • Teams placed 1 and 2 after all league meetings are complete are directly qualified to semi finals
    teams placed 3-6 will meet in the quarter finals. Team placed at nr 3 can choose between team 5 and 6 and to start home or away.
  • No teams will be automatically demoted.
  • Teams have 4 transfer cards, can be used from 15 April until the team has completed 75 percent of their league meetings.
  • No limits regarding how many rear tires that can be used.
  • Thanks 1

At least if 9 teams compete in 2021 the regular season becomes meaningful, with 6 teams only into the playoffs.

Ghostie can we assume they are planning a 8 home 8 away regular season ?

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

At least if 9 teams compete in 2021 the regular season becomes meaningful, with 6 teams only into the playoffs.

Ghostie can we assume they are planning a 8 home 8 away regular season ?

I would assume that they are planning for different scenarios, of which a full season would be one of the scenarios together
with different shortened season/delayed start scenarios.

Edited by Ghostwalker
ghostwalker

1 minute ago, bruno said:

Does that rule him out the UK then?

It will if the Extraleague rule of Poland + 1 other is not altered- not sure GB was necessarily on the horizon as  he also has the GP`S and SEC to keep him busy.

On 11/3/2020 at 5:19 PM, Ghostwalker said:

Rules for next season: https://www.svemo.se/globalassets/svemo-forbundet/dokumentcenter/protokoll/speedway/2020/beslutsprotokoll_7_track-racing_gallande-elitserien-allsvenskan_2021.pdf

Elitserien

• 6 riders/lineup + an optional nr 7, nr 6 is considered reserve
  • Rider nr 7 has to have a licensed issued be Svemo and the average are have to be 1.000 or lower
  • Basically same heat schedule as this season with some minor changes (gates)
  • Minimum 3 heats for nr 6
  • Maximum  6 heats for rider 1-6 + one R/R heat.
  • Rider 7 can replace any other rider whenever team manager like.
  • Tactical substitute allowed when 8 p down, cannot be used in heat 15.
  • Squad size 8 riders with an average above 0,500
  • Line up average cap (rider 1-6) is 10.250
  • No average floor limit.
  • No guest riders
  • Teams placed 1 and 2 after all league meetings are complete are directly qualified to semi finals
    teams placed 3-6 will meet in the quarter finals. Team placed at nr 3 can choose between team 5 and 6 and to start home or away.
  • No teams will be automatically demoted.
  • Teams have 4 transfer cards, can be used from 15 April until the team has completed 75 percent of their league meetings.
  • No limits regarding how many rear tires that can be used.

Ghostie, in the Speedway Star today the Swedish correspondent Jonas Holmqvist says that the 6 and 7 have to be Swedish and under ave of 1- that`s different from above- is he wrong ?

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Ghostie, in the Speedway Star today the Swedish correspondent Jonas Holmqvist says that the 6 and 7 have to be Swedish and under ave of 1- that`s different from above- is he wrong ?

No he is correct, it just wasn't clear when I wrote the post above. The information above is from Svemo but ESS have also posted some info, will add it later.

Antonio Lindback has retired.

- After riding for 20 years, Antonio Lindbäck says, thank you.
Now it's time for a new chapter in my life.
After 20 years as an elite rider, I choose to thank for me.
I'm done with the speedway sport as a rider.
2020 has been a special year. For my own part has
the setbacks have been more than the successes.
This has made me think about my future.
The answers I received are that I now want to do something else.
I am happy and proud of what I have accomplished during my career as a speedway rider. I could hardly have had a better end than the Swedish Championship gold with my mother club Masarna.
The Grand Prix winners in Terenzano, Torun and Cardiff are of course banging loudly, as are the two gold medals for Sweden in the team World Cup.
Elite League champion in England twice and Swedish Championship gold individually as both junior and senior.
Many memorable competitions internationally and at home.
I will miss the oval, the smell of methanol and the sound of bicycles being warmed up in the pit. To feel the adrenaline pumping when the tape goes up and not least
the audience's cheers when it went well.
Speedway has been a big part of my life and will always be close to my heart. Now I look forward to spending time with my family, accompanying the children to training, having a Friday relax, yes all that that belongs to family life.
Thanks!
Toninho

Smederna have signed Joel Kling.

Han är erkänt snabb på Eskilstuna Motorstadion och tog bland annat individuellt JSM guld där 2018. Nu blir banan i Gröndal Joel Klings hemmaarena. Joel har länge setts som en av Sveriges största talanger och har trots sin ringa ålder en gedigen rutin från Elitserien

https://www.eskilstunasmederna.se/article/vguwakhg6-21m61/joel-kling-forstarker-eskilstuna-smederna

Edited by Ghostwalker
ghostwalker