British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

It's not that big an issue, i'm looking forward to this, as long as it'll be a 16 rider field. Will be my last speedway action of 2011 so let's hope it doesn't disappoint!

shame about the start time had it been 4pm on the Sunday or even 7pm on the Saturday we would have come to this meeting from Kings Lynn but 6pm on a Sunday is a no go for us .

It's not that big an issue, i'm looking forward to this, as long as it'll be a 16 rider field. Will be my last speedway action of 2011 so let's hope it doesn't disappoint!

Is it going to be a 16 man field, or will they continue with the rubbish 12 man fields where at least 7 of them are Rye riders from 1st or 2nd team?I won't bother if it's the latter.

Is it going to be a 16 man field, or will they continue with the rubbish 12 man fields where at least 7 of them are Rye riders from 1st or 2nd team?I won't bother if it's the latter.

Six riders already named, plus Neath, Frampton, Hawkins, Brundle, Boxall and Nelson = 12... Ben Morley probably on stand by should any of them pull out

Pontus Aspgren has withdrawn through injury... Ben Morley and Olly Allen added to the line up

No mention of Lucus Sowka who was initially lined up to ride and a Rockets place in 2012, but has has licence problems.

Edited by Shadders

Now pondering whether I've already seen the last of my Speedway in 2011, what a poor lineup.

Was thinking of making a first appearence since May, but won't bother now. No Aspergren, Sowka and Woffinden unlikely to ride given he is apparently visiting hospital, due to illness and hasn't rode for weeks, means the meeting is of no interest whatsoever.

Real poor way to end a real poor season. Sticking Morley and Olly Allen in as replacements says it all I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Was thinking of making a first appearence since May, but won't bother now. No Aspergren, Sowka and Woffinden unlikely to ride given he is apparently visiting hospital, due to illness and hasn't rode for weeks, means the meeting is of no interest whatsoever.

Real poor way to end a real poor season. Sticking Morley and Olly Allen in as replacements says it all I'm afraid :rolleyes:

The Sowka saga seems to have been quietly brushed under the carpet... There was no mention of why he has been withdrawn after being heralded as a possible Rocket for 2012... The reason for his non inclusion seems to be a problem with his Polish licence.

Barker and Bridger should provide some entertainment, but I have to agree, the line up lacks something. I'd have liked to have seen Linus and Stewart Robson in a 16 man line up.

The Sowka saga seems to have been quietly brushed under the carpet... There was no mention of why he has been withdrawn after being heralded as a possible Rocket for 2012... The reason for his non inclusion seems to be a problem with his Polish licence.

Barker and Bridger should provide some entertainment, but I have to agree, the line up lacks something. I'd have liked to have seen Linus and Stewart Robson in a 16 man line up.

Bang on Shadders – with the poorest crowd of the season this week Len has a big chance to end the season on a high and give supporters something to think about for next year. If you must have all the Rockets then it has to be a 16 man field.

I do like little Ben and no disrespect intended but Len should be going for top names to end the season.

Imho Ben should be a Rye NL rider next year and a number 8 for the Rockets – that way they can bring him in slowly and not drop him in it like this year.

I was a definite for this one now I'm only a maybe if the weather holds. :unsure:

Poles can only ride in the PL if they take out an ACU licence Shadders and a decent young prospect, who is trying to progress in the sport isn't going to piss his own governing body/club off by doing that, so no idea why Silver thought Sowka was a possibility for next season unless rules are to be changed at the AGM....

Does anyone know how Tai W is health wise? :unsure:

Will we know the final line up BEFORE Sunday as normally there are a few late changes :rolleyes:

What a terrible, terrible line up. The Ace of Herts used to be a good indicator as to the riders we were looking at for the following season, 2004 is last decent one I can recall. Even a few Hawks to make it up to a 16 rider field would be better than the 12 rider format which is absolutely rubbish. Where were invites for Adam Roynon, Stuart Robson, Linus Sundstrom and other riders who the fans actually want to see? Things looked promising with the announcements of Tai, Bridger and Barker. Then it reverted back to standard cop out.

are the short track races being run during the speedway or after the main event on sunday. it could be a late night with a 6pm start, i hope all you brave souls enjoy it. :)

Barker and Bridger should provide some entertainment

Not sure Bridger is still doing it as he did say at the end of the test on Sat he may give this a miss as he seized an engine in his last ride.

Not sure Bridger is still doing it as he did say at the end of the test on Sat he may give this a miss as he seized an engine in his last ride.

If this is the case then the entertainment factor will be down another notch or two!!

Edited by Shadders