British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Have received the following and been asked to post same here:

Rye House Speedway Press Release

Ace of Herts Update

Rye House promoter Len Silver and team manager John Sampford have been forced into a last minute scramble to fill two spots in the season ending Ace of Herts championship at Hoddesdon following the late withdrawal of two competitors. Former Rocket Tai Woffinden had been aiming to return from the sidelines for the event, but has been forced to admit defeat in his recovery. Plymouth star Ben Barker, meanwhile, has been taken to hospital for an operation, with no additional details available at time of writing.The 12 rider field otherwise includes Lewis Bridger, Olli Allen, Kevin Doolan, the 6 Silver Ski Rockets and Ben Morley.Additional to the main event, the night will feature the King of Herts Short-track event, a giant fireworks display and the Me Rocket award in the Longbar at the conclusion of play.The action gets underway at 6pm tonight.

So the most important piece of information isn't even there, who are the replacements?...

Have to agree.someone must know? I was not aware that Ben Barker was a very late withdrawal ,maybe they are still phoning round for replacements..

Could well be, I'm going for my last fix of the season and that is my only reason to go, if it's a 10 rider field I will not be impressed. I'm sure there's plenty of riders about who could ride if they were given advance notice!

So the most important piece of information isn't even there, who are the replacements?...

Still waiting for David Mason and Barrie Evans to answer their voicemail

What's weather like ?

Cloudy and overcast at Waltham Cross about 5 miles from track, latest met office forecast low cloud at 1800 and drizzle at 2100. Have got to go as this is the last meeting of the season.

Fine drizzle right now 2 miles from track. Nothing to worry about

Mason replaces Woffinden.

Nobody replaces Barker. :blink:

Think this sums up british speedway, anyone know the attendents

......... anyone know the attendents

I don't know about attedents (sic), but if you mean attendants then I heard that Wee Jock Poo Pong McPlop, the lavatory attendant at Glasgow Central Station was planing a visit. Mind you given that's there is no Woofy or Barker he might have given it a miss!!!!!

Mason replaces Woffinden.

Nobody replaces Barker. :blink:

Quality Mason and a blank:lol: How many were in attendance tonight 250-300!!??

Is it true the crowd now throw the £2 to Len :blink:

Crowd was ok. Well done to doolan but the racing again was shocking. ONly 2 passes all night and they were not good ones. MUst say the fireworks were very good though .

Edited by Baldyman

Well done Kevin Doolan. Spent the majority of the season searching for set ups but has been in excellent form in the closing weeks of the season and much more like his normal self.