British Speedway Forum
Halifaxtiger

Nl Play Off Final

Why, Manchesterpaul? Care to elaborate why you feel that way?

I mean it's a farce regards to the erratic naming of fixtures as to the team racing being;

Scunthorpe/Sheffield

Sheffield/Scunthorpe

Scunthorpe

Sheffield

EVERY single explanation for the name to be used in varying scenarios has proved not to be so. It has been discussed in other threads.

The actual sharing of resources and costs is absolutely fine a great idea if it gets invaluable racing experience for younger riders. I gave the 'obvious' reasons for the farce aspect in other threads. As mentioned above there is and has always been different names for fixtures for the combined team with all four main sources BSPA, Scunthorpe, Sheffield and Speedway Star contradicting.

Can you imagine the confusion and ridicule invoked in sports journalists, local press journalists and public with the 'now you see then now you don't' aspect, in particular of the semi-finals and final.

Reports of a successful team will attract non-followers of a sport (and local media) if it is in their local name. But hell! one minute they are in a semi-final then they are not, then they are in the final then they are not. Can you imagine trying to get for example a local Sheffied radio station to broadcast coverage from the final involving Scunthorpe and Mildenhall! Errrm on what grounds? It would be like asking Radio Manchester to cover a Liverpool football match not involving a Manchester team.

I mean why hack away potential fan support or media coverage by, depending on the fixture, declaring it is Scunthorpe or Sheffield racing. Also, of course, that hacking away being variable for each fixture depending whether you are looking at a BSPA, Scunthorpe, Sheffield or Speedway Star source.

Don't forget if we hadn't had the postponements we'd have had the farcical situation of the record books and many media outlets showing;

1. Sheffield winning the semi-final and NOT appearing in the final! eeeeek! lol.

2. Scunthorpe not having been involved in the semi-finals BUT appearing in the final! eeeeek! lol.

How much more blindingly sane to attract (continued) local coverage and fan attendance than to always name the team Scunthorpe/Sheffiled? (shouldn't have to point this out but i case of argumentative people, Scunthorpe first on alphabetical order)

You don't get out much, do you?

Just go watch your Speedway, enjoy it, and stop thinking too much.

If I stopped to worry about things to do with Speedway I'd be hating my life right about now :wink:

Quite how you think its a farce is beyond me,without this partnership/cost sharing,im sure the mighty Sainst wouldn`t have ran this year,now,one year on,they are in a Play of Final, some farce is that!!!!!!

Go the Saints!!!

As i mentioned above the sharing aspect is a great idea. Did you not see where i said "The actual sharing of resources and costs is absolutely fine a great idea if it gets invaluable racing experience for younger riders."????

Now please be so kind as to answer two questions that your post instantly triggers;

1. What do the Sheffield fans think when their team is not listed as taking part in the final and will have nothing to celebrate despite hosting fixtures and presumably having contracted riders contributing to a potential cup win (for Scunthorpe ALONE) in the final? Note that according to some of the varying sources of BSPA, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Speedway Star: Sheffield are NOT in the final and will NOT win a trophy.

2. Were you to cheer 'Go Saints' in the original scheduled semi-final at Sheffield when Sheffield ALONE were the team? Note that according to some of the varying sources of BSPA, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Speedway Star: Scunthorpe would NOT have qualified for the final as they didn't participate in the semi-final if it hadn't been for postponments.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Oh do pipe down. It's getting boring now. I'm a Sheffield fan and ain't getting my knickers in a twist so how about you drop it and move on?

Squall do you ever answer a post without needing to issue personal abuse? Are you unable to put up an opposing view or counter argument that will stand by itself?

I can assure you yourself telling me to pipe down will have absolutely nil effect on further contributions to the topic being put forward by myself. I'm sure that most people having been told to pipe down would make a point of doing exactly the opposite. So your abusive statement has no effect.

We have had fans contribute in other threads about the omisison of their team mattering greatly.

You don't get out much, do you?

Just go watch your Speedway, enjoy it, and stop thinking too much.

If I stopped to worry about things to do with Speedway I'd be hating my life right about now :wink:

In answer to your question, yes i do get out a lot. OK????? Do you wish to get involved inn a prolonged debate over how much i get out?

Well tell you what, i'll save myself and everyone else from the boredom of an off the topic waste of forum space by issuing my personal statement of;

Please take note i'm not getting engaged in 'off-topic attacking the poster and not the post' conversations. There is way too much of it across the forums. It's a very inconsiderate waste of the forum owner's bandwidth, which presumably is not free, to use the forums for abuse, insults or creating and carrying out personal vendetta's and off-topic feuding when it's purpose of being a forum is for speedway discussion.

Do please try and calm down Squall and keep to the SPEEDWAY topic of a thread.

Incidentally, be it not liking particular commentators styles or amazing gaffes in the scoring etc. above all i DO concentrate on and am thankful for coverage of the sport. Also, despite decrepit conditions and wide open to the elements i do concentrate on and enjoy attending speedway fixtures.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Admission to Mildenhall Speedway this Sunday are frozen at normal prices. There is souvenier programme at £2.50, consessionary price £1.50. There is also free parking.

Edited by mummycaz

Think the scuuny\sheff team will have far to much in the tank for the fen tigers over two legs,the title should be there for the taking,

will be deserved also with the team they have

i hope a big stuffing for mildenhall in the first leg will help the potters on Saturday night

Think the scuuny\sheff team will have far to much in the tank for the fen tigers over two legs,the title should be there for the taking,

i hope a big stuffing for mildenhall in the first leg will help the potters on Saturday night

I think you are way off. Very close indeed.

I, also, think this could be a close meeting with the results of ht 13 & 15 the deciding factors of how close this meeting could be. Most of the Mildenhall team have ridden the EWR racetrack at some point in their careers with also the possibility of Michael Lee tweaking their engines a bit could play a part. Hoping for a very enjoyable weekend with all riders staying safe. May the best team win at the right time of the season, the last fixture.

I, also, think this could be a close meeting with the results of ht 13 & 15 the deciding factors of how close this meeting could be. Most of the Mildenhall team have ridden the EWR racetrack at some point in their careers with also the possibility of Michael Lee tweaking their engines a bit could play a part. Hoping for a very enjoyable weekend with all riders staying safe. May the best team win at the right time of the season, the last fixture.

I couldn't attempt to predict a winner but my god isn't it exciting, I hope The Saints/Sheffield Plowlers do All concerned and themselves proud Come on lads go for it!

And stay safe all riders.

The Saints starting 7 was

Paul Cooper 8.40

Adam Wrathall 4.31

Steve Worrall 5.74

Gary Irving 6.25

Ash Birks 4.92

Stefan Neilsen 3.00

Richie Worrall 3.00

The Final 7 is

Steve Worrall 8.35 +2.61

Lee Smethills 6.07

Richie Worrall 7.71 +4.71

Gary Irving 7.91 +1.66

Ash Birks 8.28 +3.36

Adam Wrathall 4.34 +0.03

Stefan Neilsen 5.28 +2.28

Massive well done to all involved.

The team have come on in leaps and bounds

Here's Hoping we can top of the season with some silverware

Good news that Irving has passed his fitness test earlier today,should make the Mighty Saints stronger around scunny