British Speedway Forum
Halifaxtiger

Nl Play Off Final

Just back and wanted to add my congratulations to Scunfield for an excellent performance. Apart from Cameron we had no answer tonight.

Squall Noooooo!???? Noooooo!???? Surely you can't admit to even a slightest cheer? Are you embarrassingly 'band wagoning'?

For once (nearly) every one of BSPA, Speedway Star, Scunthorpe, Sheffield had SCUNTHORPE errrrrm ALONE as the listed participating team in the final.

Squall surely you not doing what most of the UK, and in particular Londoners do, as in cheering on a non-home town team (Manchester United). Let's be clear....Sheffield?????.....hate to tell you this but.....according to the record books and semi-final results Sheffield have NOTHING to do with this final and likely Trophy win.

Not sure if i mentioned this before but......oh! for an always referred to Scunthorpe/Sheffield team.

Without abuse answer me Squall counter me?

This year I've been to Leicester vs Redcar, Leicester vs Glasgow, The NL 4TT, Wolves vs Eastbourne, Kings Lynn vs Peterborough twice, Kings Lynn vs Coventry twice...you get my drift? I'm a SPEEDWAY fan. I will go to any track to watch any meeting. Tonights meeting was absolutely outstanding as both teams gave it their all and produced some fantastic SPEEDWAY.

Move along.

Edited by squall

Good number of Sheffield fans going down on Sunday to support the guys too, hope to join forces with the Scunny fans there;)

Let's all make sure we stand together then if the meeting is anything like last night we are in for one he'll of a night. Superb racing totally enjoyed it.

Awesome Meeting. Brilliant Racing as Already said.

IF YOU READ THIS MR GODFERY: Please dont do away with the Saints. They are Superb whether its the Highs of this season or like the last few seasons before its always very entertaining and the racing at this level is on par if not better then Premier League.

Completely agree :approve: and surely last night was a total vindication of the decision to run the Saints, given that the team was packed with home grown assets.

As to your latter point, you had better tell that to a few of the bigots in the EL/PL sections of this forum.

Squall Noooooo!???? Noooooo!???? Surely you can't admit to even a slightest cheer? Are you embarrassingly 'band wagoning'?

For once (nearly) every one of BSPA, Speedway Star, Scunthorpe, Sheffield had SCUNTHORPE errrrrm ALONE as the listed participating team in the final.

Squall surely you not doing what most of the UK, and in particular Londoners do, as in cheering on a non-home town team (Manchester United). Let's be clear....Sheffield?????.....hate to tell you this but.....according to the record books and semi-final results Sheffield have NOTHING to do with this final and likely Trophy win.

Not sure if i mentioned this before but......oh! for an always referred to Scunthorpe/Sheffield team.

Without abuse answer me Squall counter me?

Completely unnecessary dig :angry:

Squall might be a Sheffield fan first and foremost but like many he clearly likes his speedway wherever it might take place, and there's no better track to take in other meetings than the EWR.

Give your subjective rubbish a rest.

Good number of Sheffield fans going down on Sunday to support the guys too, hope to join forces with the Scunny fans there;)

Led by that turncoat Sunglasses Dave, no doubt. Bloody pothunters :o:D;)

It was good to see you there mate and even better to see a PL fan who is fully prepared to give the NL the credit it deserves. :approve:

You are in for a treat on Sunday, too. If anything, in my experience the track at West Row is even better.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Led by that turncoat Sunglasses Dave, no doubt. Bloody pothunters :o:D;)

It was good to see you there mate and even better to see a PL fan who is fully prepared to give the NL the credit it deserves. :approve:

You are in for a treat on Sunday, too. If anything, in my experience the track at West Row is even better.

Oh yeah Dave will be there haha, can't remember the last time he missed a Sheffield meeting PL or NL.

Good to see you too mate and a good travelling support from the Fen Tigers. Nice to see a decent crowd at Scunny as well as there have been some shockers there this season.

I was personally very disapointed when Sheffield decided to stop running a NL/CL team a few years back. A lot of good young riders came through the ranks in those teams and made the Sheffield PL team and the racing was always good if not better than PL. Sadly poor attendances ended that.

Think it will be a bit closer this time as Sheffield won 65-25 on my last visit to West Row in 2008. Always good racing from my visits there in the past. See you there mate!

Let's all make sure we stand together then if the meeting is anything like last night we are in for one he'll of a night. Superb racing totally enjoyed it.

Well weather permitting we'll be on the backstraight/3rd bend

Edited by Tigerite

Congratulations to Scunthorpe for doing a demolition job on Mildenhall. What a shame Mildenhall crumbled at the last hurdle because being 29 points down after the first leg is in my opinion unsurmountable. Never mind you have to be in it to win it and they were, so not all doom and gloom. Anyway I shall be at Mildenhall Sunday shouting the lads on and you never know - miracles can happen. Just a word about another superb performance from young 15 year old Cameron Heeps, what a superstar in the making he is - fantastic.

Congratulations to Scunthorpe for doing a demolition job on Mildenhall. What a shame Mildenhall crumbled at the last hurdle because being 29 points down after the first leg is in my opinion unsurmountable. Never mind you have to be in it to win it and they were, so not all doom and gloom. Anyway I shall be at Mildenhall Sunday shouting the lads on and you never know - miracles can happen. Just a word about another superb performance from young 15 year old Cameron Heeps, what a superstar in the making he is - fantastic.

Heeps is good,dont get me wrong,the kid sure can ride a bike,but i fear Ipo will expect to much from him in the PL,a Darcy Ward he aint,was beaten by 3.5 av PL reserves last night 3 times and almost 4 as Birks would have passed him

He will for sure have an impact on PL racing over the next few years,but you will have to give the lad time

This year I've been to Leicester vs Redcar, Leicester vs Glasgow, The NL 4TT, Wolves vs Eastbourne, Kings Lynn vs Peterborough twice, Kings Lynn vs Coventry twice...you get my drift? I'm a SPEEDWAY fan. I will go to any track to watch any meeting. Tonights meeting was absolutely outstanding as both teams gave it their all and produced some fantastic SPEEDWAY.

Move along.

You're also a bit of a King's Lynn fan ;)

You're also a bit of a King's Lynn fan ;)

Wash your mouth out!! :shock:

Anybody recommend best route to Mildenhall from N Lincs? Last time I went to West Row went round Mildenhall 3 times trying to find stadium,amazing how many locals had never heard of the place.

Anybody recommend best route to Mildenhall from N Lincs? Last time I went to West Row went round Mildenhall 3 times trying to find stadium,amazing how many locals had never heard of the place.

Scunny to Kings Lynn A10 to Downham Market A10 to on

A1101 Mildenhall Road go passed Kenny Hill turn right onto New Road then left on to Hurdle Grove then right onto Cow and Sheep Drive till you get to Thistley Green right onto Cooks Drove it 2-3 miles on your left it is signposted at Thistley Green :cheers:

Good look

Superb meeting last night!

Great turn out from Mildenhall and they made plenty of noise even though things did not go their way.

Also good to see so many from Sheffield.

On the track - wow! Some of the most exciting racing you could ever wish to see - a great credit to and advert for the National League.

Good luck to The Saints for the second leg. If the meeting is half as good as yesterday's all fans will be in for a treat.

any one know the team line ups for tomorrow is gary fit also is basby fit now its at home

Irving out - R/R for him. Greenwood number 8.

Move along.

Don't worry Squall it was a light-hearted post. So i am indeed moving on. Fullest respect to each and every fan who travels to away meetings and any events away from their home track.

Completely unnecessary dig :angry:

Squall might be a Sheffield fan first and foremost but like many he clearly likes his speedway wherever it might take place, and there's no better track to take in other meetings than the EWR.

Please lighten up it was, as mentioned above, a truly light hearted post. Agreed it's not always possible to make that clear. It was very heart-warming indeed to hear reports of more than a few Sheffield fans in attendance.