British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Piotr Protasiewicz Pulls Out Of 2012 Gp Series.

:rofl:

:lol:

:)

:rofl:

PK, Zorro, Nicholls, Watt

or

Ulamek, Ljung, Buczkowski, Madsen

not saying its a perfect line up, but I would rather see my 4 riders racing and being interviwed rather than the other 4

Edited by T.N.T.

according to an article at espeedway.pl Pepe have decided to pull out of next years GP series so that he can stay at Zielona Gora in the Polish Extraliga.

source.

no loss as not good enough anyway :t:

Pepe looks sure to pull out to stay at ZG with Andreas Jonsson .... Will Bjarne Pedersen do likewise ? .... Fredrik Lindgren will be looking for a place elsewhere if need be and has the luxury of English racing to fall back on like Bjarne to compensate for less Polish meetings or a drop in leagues

Darcy Ward has yet to decide fully what he is doing, but wouldn't be suprised to see him end up at Gdansk

Nicki Pedersen has been dropped by Gorzow and may drop to the Ist Division if need be while Matej Zagar has stated he wants to stay at Gorzow rather than take part in the GP circus

Next in line would be Martin Vaculik .... who has indicated he would rather stay in the Extra League and with Tarnow set to sign Greg Hancock there is only Gdansk (Darcy Ward), Wroclaw and Czestochowa who have yet to have a GP rider

Then comes KrzysZtof Kasprzak ... currently at Tarnow

Next in line is Peter Ljung, then Leon Madsen, Sebatian Ulamek, Krzysztof Buczkowski, Jesper B Monberg and Joonas Kylmakorpi ... not really GP riders !!

Looking at the names above, I would say it would be better all around if places were first offerd to riders like Magnus Zetterstrom, Peter Karlsson, Davey Watt and Scott Nicholls

nicholls :rofl: he couldnt catch a cold :lol:

I notice from HenryW's previous post that Protasiewicz has not actually 'pulled out' of the 2012 GP as yet.

Whilst I understand that it is perfectly possible for a rider to decline a wild card place when offered (a la Darcy) I wonder if it is so simple as to just 'pull out' when you have actually qualified.

I always understood that the meeting regulations, signed by competing riders, for rounds of the world championship included a clause where the rider had to agree to take his place in the next round if he qualified (injuies permitting, obviously). It isn't usually possible just to 'pull out' of a place in the next round.

Will Protasciewicz not have actually agreed to this sort of clause when competing at Vetlanda in the Challenge Final?

If he has, surely the FIM won't just allow him to pull out and then also allow him to ride in league racing in this way, will they?

Edited by Grand Central

Will Protasciewicz not have actually agreed to this sort of clause when competing at Vetlanda in the Challenge Final?

If he has, surely the FIM won't just allow him to pull out and then also allow him to ride in league racing in this way, will they?

He may have but since then the PZM have changed their rules that seriously affects his occupation and income if he was to continue in the Grand Prix Series and as it is reported he has a contract at Zielona Gora until 2015 so he should also be entitled to honour that contract.

The FIM dont have the power to over rule the PZM about letting him carry on at ZG with another GP rider and if the PZM allowed him to do so then where does that leave riders that are already agreeing or looking at deals elsewhere due to the 1GP rule

He may have but since then the PZM have changed their rules that seriously affects his occupation and income if he was to continue in the Grand Prix Series and as it is reported he has a contract at Zielona Gora until 2015 so he should also be entitled to honour that contract.

As I've said previously, all riders have known about the 1 GP rider rule in Poland for 2012 since the start of the 2011 season. Riders that participated in the GP Qualifiers have themselves to blame and should be forced to ride the series or be sanctioned with an FIM fine / ban.

As I've said previously, all riders have known about the 1 GP rider rule in Poland for 2012 since the start of the 2011 season.

That had been my understanding as well.

Looking up the FIM regulations that govern the GP and qualifiers (seee the FIM website) it makes matters very clear for riders who qualify for the next round of the championships. If you qualify for the next round you HAVE to ride. Only bonafine injury will be an excuse against participation in the next round.

If you 'pull out' without such good cause the FIM have all the powers that they need to prevent you from riding that weekend anywhere in the world and also have the option of greater suspension. This is written down and clear to all.

What is not clear at all is what options a rider is left with if he has qualified for the GP FOR THE FOLLOWING YEAR from the qualifiers.

There seems to be nothing in the written regulations that says whether the same principles apply.

We all know that wild cards are totally different. Anyone, it seems, can turn those down with impunity.

Edited by Grand Central

I was always led to believe (certainly in the early years of SGP) that all the riders who were eligible for the following seasons series, had to return some sort of signed letter of intent by a certain date (Beginning of December i seem to remember) this was to allow time to source replacements and carry out marketing tasks well ahead of the following year. Also allowed the invited riders to decide if they can commit to SGP i.e. Darcy Ward.

Therefore all riders who have not signed up still have the ability to pull out of 2012 SGP. If a rider has not signed up for 2012 by that given date, then i believe they can be replaced.

Given Protasiewicz massive sponsorship pull, i would say that IMG would have liked him in the series, but ultimately he will be unlikely to be fighting of a top 3 finish so i can understand if he did pull out due to the silly Polish rules.

I don't see it so dark as you.PePe isn't stupid.He knows just as well as you and i,that his chances of becoming World Champ or even finishing in the top 5(i could be cruel and say top 10)are about as much as my chances of running 100m in less than 10 seconds.

There are always going to be riders who don't have a chance to win anything, but you need to have (at least) 16 riders in the field. If the choice comes down to earning a reasonable living or trailing around at the back of the GP field for a relative pittance, then I know what I'd choose.

I always understood that the meeting regulations, signed by competing riders, for rounds of the world championship included a clause where the rider had to agree to take his place in the next round if he qualified (injuies permitting, obviously).

I'm not sure that the SGP qualifiers and the SGP series itself are considered the same competition.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

If Pepe pulls out then I assume Vaculik gets the next call. However, as Darcy is a nomination I guess the choice goes back to BSI/IMG as to who offer a chance to (imo should be Holta).

Pepe withdrew when, as first reserve, he should have been covering the injured Emil's spot in 2010. One wonders why he bothers doing the qualifiers if he is not fully committed to take part.

If Vaculik is next in line won't this scupper Poole's team building plans for next season if he gets chosen as his average will suddenly become 8.00 ?

Take Jason Crump, who it was rumoured to be being paid £1,000 a point in 2011 - now suddenly his club can ask him to take a pay cut because there will be 5 riders looking for a new team place.

If that's the case, another club will step up and pay him 1200 for a point. Only applies to Crump and Hancock though...

Just read about this on a swedish websites that says (speculates) that Vaculik and Kasprzak will both say no and Ljung will ride in the GP next season.