British Speedway Forum

I have just joined this forum and after looking at najjers post its fair to say....

I can't say but I have some home truths for you!!!

Have Somerset ever done a winter meeting?

Have you ever put an event together like Mr Rogers yourself?

Have you ever tried to book riders from abroad or worked with people as a mechanic?

As I have been told by many people the answer is NO!!!

So my advice to you is get off your high hourse and realise that the hard work involved in speedway which me and you don't put in has to be done by others for us to have an event to follow and I don't care of the Queen organises it for me!!!

My next comment is for all the people who keep bringing up Poole speedway.

YES they ran the New Year Classic in 2009 BUT he failed to earn any MONEY! from that meeting because he had such top riders on

MEGA MONEY!

Which he thought that would increase his crowd bit it FAILED! Big style and if no one believes my post just ask Mr Ford as its the truth because i have asked him when I visited poole last year why he has never repeated such a great meeting.

I don't see what is so bad about this field and I personally will turn up for a 12 man field because it's just the right amount of races with out me freezing to death in my old age.

I'm sorry if this post offends anyone but just get your FACTS right before passing judgment or criticising the management as with out these people then SPEEDWAY will FAIL to exists!

Happy New year Glitter Ball.

NEWPORT SPEEDWAY PRESS RELEASE:

Fans from far and Near to descend upon Newport for New Year Classic

With the New Year Classic at Newport being the only outdoor speedway meeting during the close season fans from all over the UK will be heading for South Wales on Monday January 2nd.

Some will be supporting their own team riders –in some cases newcomers to their side in 2012 –whilst many neutrals will be there just because they are speedway fans and love the sport.

From the South-West it is expected that a strong following from Plymouth will be making the trip up the M5 to support new heat leaders Ricky Ashworth and Steve Boxall whilst Somerset fans will make the short journey over the Severn Bridge to cheer on James Wright. As an ex-Swindon rider Mancunian Wright will no doubt entice a fair few down the M4 from Wiltshire and Birmingham fans will no doubt travel down from the Midlands to also back the former Workington number one who doubled –up with the Brummies in 2011.

Home fans will be pinning their hopes on a Wasp on the rostrum backing teenage Swede Anders Mellgren to achieve that whilst no doubt showing an interest in the fortunes of two former Newport riders in Chris Schramm and Carl Wilkinson.

Gates open at 11.30 with full catering and bar facilities open as fans claim their favourite spot to watch whether that be in the bar, sat in the stand or around the circuit –so the message is to get there early to ensure you get where you want to be !!

LINE-UP (not in riding order) : Ricky Ashworth (Plymouth); Steve Boxall (Plymouth); Kevin Doolan (Ipswich); Andre Hertzberg (unattached); David Howe (Scunthorpe and Kings Lynn); Mark Lemon (Newcastle) ;Anders Mellgren (Newport); Chris Schramm (unattached); Lee Smart (unattached); Andrew Tully (Edinburgh); Carl Wilkinson (unattached); James Wright (Somerset)

Monday January 2nd 2012 with a 1pm start.

Admission : £15 Adults ; £13 Concessions (with proof required); £5 Children 5-15 ; Under 5’s free ; £ 32 Family (2A + 2C)

It will be sunny Halifax Tiger my old friend!!! The starts have been prepared and covered and track all but ready with just last minute work to complete.

I think this Classic will be just that --a classic !! Wonder what people's predictions are for the finalists and winner ??? Difficult one for sure.

Remember gates open 11.30 with parade at 1pm ......see you there!!! :party:

Still as outrageously enthusiastic as ever :t::approve:

See you there.

NEWPORT SPEEDWAY PRESS RELEASE :

New Year Classic Special Draw to benefit Speedway Rider’s Benevolent Fund

One lucky fan at the New Year Classic at Newport on Monday (Jan 2nd 2012) will become a celebrity for the day for just a pound!!

Instead of the traditional 50-50 draw the raffle winner at the meeting will win the opportunity to present the new Tim Stone Trophy to the meeting winner and the trophies to the other finalists and have their picture taken with the riders.

Tickets will cost £1 and all proceeds will go to the Speedway Rider’s Benevolent Fund which helps injured riders. In addition Ben Fund Secretary Paul Ackroyd is donating two tickets for the Ben Fund meeting at Birmingham on Sunday March 11th to the draw winner .

The tickets will be on sale just inside the turnstiles –which open at 11.30 with the meeting starting at 1pm.

I'd feel just like Brad Pitt if I could present the trophies.

Is that rhyming slang? :blink:

Weather forecast is for sunshine on Monday, track in good condition with the starts covered, should be a cracker, see you there

Hmm, suppose I should get my bum into gear and ask if anyone is going to this meeting, would they be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here (and somehow boot me up the bum to remind me to look at the thread), or send me an email, pm or text my mobile if you have my number!

Thanks

My next comment is for all the people who keep bringing up Poole speedway.

YES they ran the New Year Classic in 2009 BUT he failed to earn any MONEY! from that meeting because he had such top riders on

MEGA MONEY!

Which he thought that would increase his crowd bit it FAILED! Big style and if no one believes my post just ask Mr Ford as its the truth because i have asked him when I visited poole last year why he has never repeated such a great meeting.

Top riders on top money? Who? Kennett and Skornicki were the only 2 riders in the meetings better than EL reserves! Klindt, Korneliussen and Bridger were EL reserves. The line up wasn't that great, what was better was that it was 16 riders and the meeting was run efficiently. Sadly, individual meeting at Newport seem to take an age to run, this was the case in Tim Stones day too and is one of he bad things the Malletts have adopted.

Pretty sure that year Korneliussen was Peterboroughs third heatleader.

Top riders on top money? Who? Kennett and Skornicki were the only 2 riders in the meetings better than EL reserves! Klindt, Korneliussen and Bridger were EL reserves. The line up wasn't that great, what was better was that it was 16 riders and the meeting was run efficiently. Sadly, individual meeting at Newport seem to take an age to run, this was the case in Tim Stones day too and is one of he bad things the Malletts have adopted.

Really ?? when was the last one you came to Shawn ??

• Like 1