British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leszno Gp 28th April 2012

Generally only Gollob produced good racing at Bydgoszcz for the last few years.

Must better racing at Leszno, Torun & Gorzow

(null)

BIG stadium, holds around 25,000, but high ticket prices and lack of decent accommodation in Leszno didn't help. Their crowd for first home league match this year was 11,000.... just (eat your heart out British clubs) 7,000 for the second

We've been told in the past we can't have a 2nd GP as we don't fill up the one we do. So why does Poland have 3 when they can't fill up the first one? Oh yeah, theres noone as foolish in the UK as the Poles to had over piles of cash to BSI/IMG.

BIG stadium, holds around 25,000, but high ticket prices and lack of decent accommodation in Leszno didn't help. Their crowd for first home league match this year was 11,000.... just (eat your heart out British clubs) 7,000 for the second

As you say, good by British standards but way down on the norm for Lezno a few years ago. Polish speedway is slowly replicating its British equivilent in that it is losing fans and upping admission costs to compensate and getting into the spiral that creates. The bubble of Polish speedway has already burst and a year or two will see it implode

I managed to avoid Facebook and Forum to enjoy the GP yesterday arvo - what a ripper. Great to catch up on the thread and see very few complaints about the racing or the track, while those who did whinge got it wrong - as usual. :rofl:

Quite simply this was one of the best GP's I've ever seen. :approve:

WHISTLES and boos were aimed at Gollob not Holder. Leszno crowd didn't like his attitude towards their own hero Hampel.

That's a surprise. I thought they were heckling Cris H.

Hampel may be their darling but he has a long long way to go before he can even be fit to clean the boots of The Master.

Maybe this will give someone else a chance at SWC.....but I don't hold out too much hope of that. They will kiss and make up.

There is always a nearly man in world championship speedway. Leigh Adams a famous example. Maybe young Hampel will become the new one.

Hope it's not Emil as I wanna see him win the damn thing.

I would also love to see Chris Harris make the podium at the end of the season but he will be lucky if he makes the top 15.

Well back at work today and not feeling 100%, that Polish beer is good stuff !

I thought it was an excellent GP - Good racing, good atmosphere and good friendly fans, our gang had a great time.

Nice to meet you Racers & Royals, sorry if I was a bit trollied !

Next up it's Cardiff weekend for us, next year hopefully Torun.

I hope this GP series carries on the the way it is, wide open.

Hello to everyone we met over the weekend.

Speaking of Harris, did anyone notice why his bike failed on him the second time around?

if you watch the replay you can clearly see before it packed in that his timing cover was hanging off - when this departed from the engine it died.

I hope Harris kicked some serious arse for that, that's a huge failure on the mechanics part.

Then again I assume it was the mechanics who did it. We all know Gollob does his own timings during a meeting.

Speaking of Harris, did anyone notice why his bike failed on him the second time around?

if you watch the replay you can clearly see before it packed in that his timing cover was hanging off - when this departed from the engine it died.

I hope Harris kicked some serious arse for that, that's a huge failure on the mechanics part.

Then again I assume it was the mechanics who did it. We all know Gollob does his own timings during a meeting.

CHRIS failed to score in three rides for his Polish club on Sunday ... really is in the doldrums at present. You are right about the timing cover.

CHRIS failed to score in three rides for his Polish club on Sunday ... really is in the doldrums at present. You are right about the timing cover.

offered to help like many people did, wasted me time and reason no longer helping :cry:

The accommodation was the same the first year and that was sold out. Leszno ticket sales have fallen each year which is a shame as its probably the best track in the world second maybe to Bydgoscz.

yep stadium was about a third empty, poland has come on in the the past few year with the EU and speeway not quite so popular now.

LET'S not forget that there are only two Polish riders (plus a wild card on Saturday) in the 2012 series. However, bit early to declare Polish speedway to be on a slippery slope. Torun and Gorzow will be sell-outs and a GP in Warsaw next year is very much on the drawing board.

Gollob is an almost impossible act to follow but there are undoubtedly some genuine talents coming through ... Dudek, the two Pawlicki brothers, Janowski and so on.

Much sporting attention in Poland will obviously focus on the Euro soccer championships in June but, unlike the UK and indeed Denmark and Sweden, there remains massive media interest in speedway.

If that is right , he needs to invest in some Mechanics who he can trust to do the job properly , Hardly worth investing £20k when this sort of things happens !

Lucky

If that is right , he needs to invest in some Mechanics who he can trust to do the job properly , Hardly worth investing £20k when this sort of things happens !

Lucky

"Maybe all the aggro and hyped actions had something to do with the massive cans of Monster that were on free tap for the pits.

I think if I'd drunk even a can I would have jumped on a bike myself!"

Charlie Webster

She could not have done any worse than Chris and might even have bettered his score.

Is Courtney still one of his pit crew.Sounds like it. Edited by Fromafar

Cracking weekend, 7 of us went over, stayed in Poznan. Best GP I've attended for racing. Also we were pleased to help out the 3 guys from Eastbourne whose taxi broke down on the way from Poznan, otherwise they would have missed most of the meeting.

. However, bit early to declare Polish speedway to be on a slippery slope. Torun and Gorzow will be sell-outs and a GP in Warsaw next year is very much on the drawing board.

Not a bit early at all Phil. Crowds in Poland, for league racing have been falling for a few years now. It was once a relatively cheap day out for the Poles but now a league match, in real terms, is about the same as here and with the ongoing development in Poland the Poles are finding other things to spend their leisure dollar on. Their authorities made the same mistakes as here in believing you could afford a few lost fans by simply upping admission to the rest.

Polish speedway is not just on the slippery slope but a good way down it