British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Mildenhall 2012

Great result in South London today Postie.

Tish, tish Malc...: I thought your London geography was better than that... QPR do NOT play in South London! In the shadow of God's greatest ever stadium (sadly no longer there!), the White City in very west London, Shepherd's Bush!

Absolutely gutted for Aaron who couldn't have done anymore for the Fen Tigers last season.

Despite the popularity of Cameron and Lewis true speedway people who really understand the sport know that it was Aaron riding the beginning of the season in the difficult No. 2 position and his form throughout the year that made the Fen Tigers the team they were. Just look at his bonus points.

I agree - also gutted for Asbo. How much more does the lad have to do - been badly treated now by Bournemouth and Mildenhall: two clubs he was instrumental in winning cups for..

What's the latest on Mark too, Nikko?

• Like 1

Montie....I agree with you, money is always the decider once a rider feels he's in a position to negoiate a deal. Iv'e accepted the fact (sad for us supporters though) Scunny will give a start to the youngsters only to loose them. Our consolation is that we have a Prem team and this year is a brill one!. However I still think this is the way to go to get young British kids onto the ladder. I just hope that at some stage in the riders career they will return and race for us.

Montie....I agree with you, money is always the decider once a rider feels he's in a position to negoiate a deal. Iv'e accepted the fact (sad for us supporters though) Scunny will give a start to the youngsters only to loose them. Our consolation is that we have a Prem team and this year is a brill one!. However I still think this is the way to go to get young British kids onto the ladder. I just hope that at some stage in the riders career they will return and race for us.

Nielsen is a Scunny asset, June..

Its entirely possible that the Scorpions will benefit more from this arrangement than the Fen Tigers.

• Like 1

Yeah but think of the loan fees that these youngsters bring into the club, surely the money from that can go towards the 2 young Danes and the young Aussie that have been brought in for the Senior side.

I am not so sure.

I think Heeps will be the top rider in the NL next season, and Blackbird could put as much as 2 points on his average. Jacobs, alone amongst the Mildenhall riders, actually had a mediocre season in 2011, and Halsey is a bargain on that figure.

Nielsen is the one surprise. A terrific little rider, but he couldn't ride West Row in 2011. Might be good for his career there, but whether it will be good for the Fen Tigers remains to be seen.

Heeps will no doubt be the top rider in the league. Everyone who was above him has, pretty much, left the league! But, even given his talent, I can't see him pushing much more than 10, remember Lambert last season was phenomenal, and even he ended below 10!

Blackbird has the potential to improve a bit more, needs to sort out some of his away scores.

But then Mildenhall have 3 riders who were at reserve for part (If not all) of last season, and one of these needs to step up and be the third heat leader. It is that or go for 3-3's with your middle order, a dangerous tactic when you come up against teams with a strong top end.

Therefore, it depends who they get as the final 2 riders. Get 2 guys capable of increasing and they have a chance of doing well, but that part of the team will be vital (In the same way that Stoke are scratching around for 3 pointers, and if one comes good, then we could be in for a very good season. It's not how you start team building, but how you end it!)

With Nielsen and Dan Halsey in the top 5 that's going to put massive pressure on the reserves' one of whom may be a new 3 pointer. The success of last years team was based on having a very strong reserve all season.

Both Dan and Nielson made their averages, if I remember correctly, from the reserve or even No 8 position in Nielsen case. If one of them rides at No 2 and the other at No 4 they are going to struggle to maintain their averages never mind step up to possible third heat leader.

For the fans sake I hope Joe Joe recovers and has the season we all know he can, or Dan or one of the reserves is going to have to have a season like Lewis had or the Fen Tigers could be in trouble.

Also how many meetings with Cam miss?

Interesting team selection but the promotion know what there doing, and who was available and willing to ride at West Row, so we must wait and see.

Personally I think Dan Halsey could be the rider to become our third heat leader.

No doubt in my mind he has the talent, the machinery and after a couple of difficult years has found a club where he feels wanted.

It wasn't so long ago he was averaging 8 in the NL and nearly 4 in the PL at Rye House and it wouldn't surprise me to him up around 7 - 7.5 this season, especially if he starts 2012 how he finished 2011!

Message for Nikko - Damn Blackberry's lol !

Edited by PhilK

Mildenhall 2012

Think you are trying to tell us something Phil lol.

This is my fault, Mr Barton (I am nearly as dogmatic and awkward as a certain close relative of yours :o:D )

My apologies, and I look forward to the pleasure of your comapny again this season.

Happy New year Chris, look forward to seeing you again soon at Mildenhall.

As for the team I think Halsey is a steal on his average, he looked excellent towards the end of the season. Nielson looked good to me when he was at Mildenhall so Im certain he will improve with Louis,Henry, Jolly and Lee to guide him?

Jacobs wasnt that impressive last season not a patch on previous seasons when I have watched him, his head always seemed down and he never looked happy? hopefully he will get back to his old self. Why that was Im unsure.

Whats Robert Lambert like ? i here he is supposed to be quite useful ? 3 pointer ?? to improve his average? perhaps another Heeps is out there?

Edited by Damon

Robert Lambert ain't old enough yet, I believe he's only thirteen or fourteen and won't be old enough for NL racing until the 2013 season.

To answer your question of what he's like, I'd say he's potentially very, VERY good.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Whats Robert Lambert like ? i here he is supposed to be quite useful ? 3 pointer ?? to improve his average? perhaps another Heeps is out there?

I think Bagpuss is correct Damon, in that Robert Lambert isn't old enough to ride in the NL this season. Hopefully he will be invited to Mildenhall during the coming season for some second halfs as potentially he certainly looks a very good prospect.

Nathan Stoneman would certainly fit the bill though for 2012!

I think Bagpuss is correct Damon, in that Robert Lambert isn't old enough to ride in the NL this season. Hopefully he will be invited to Mildenhall during the coming season for some second halfs as potentially he certainly looks a very good prospect.

Didn't some team try to get special dispensation (from the BSPA) for him to ride in the NL before?

I want to say Rye House, but I may well be wrong!

Didn't some team try to get special dispensation (from the BSPA) for him to ride in the NL before?

I want to say Rye House, but I may well be wrong!

It was in this press release

http://www.speedwayg...?extend.13798.6

Good job he can go and race in Germany tbh.

Edited by Feelthebuzz

It was in this press release

http://www.speedwayg...?extend.13798.6

Good job he can go and race in Germany tbh.

Well come on, 15 is young enough... What possible grounds could there be to give "special permission" to allow a 13 year old in... It would have to apply across the board and there has to be a cut off point which - as I say - really can't surely go lower than 15...

Well come on, 15 is young enough... What possible grounds could there be to give "special permission" to allow a 13 year old in... It would have to apply across the board and there has to be a cut off point which - as I say - really can't surely go lower than 15...

I'd presume it would come under Youth Employment Laws.

Remembering my paper round :oops: there is something in law about the hours that a schoolchild can work. Also the NL is (I think) semi-professional and therefore there could be laws about that...