British Speedway Forum
Warm&Cosy

Gp Qualifier Berwick 16/6

What a ridiculous reply Backless, It may surprise you but not every Berwick fan on here has gripes with the promotion just because they don't constantly praise everything they do. Hate to inform you but I am satisfied with the way things are run, so no need to get so defensive. I was refering to the tag line on the Bspa website which informs the readers that this meeting will be taking place in Scotland.

• Like 2

BSPA release (outwith Berwick's control, yes) can be read to infer Berwick is in Scotland -- but its close enough, does it really matter?

Mr Buckowski has, I note, been re-instated at Peterborough. They must fancy him a bit, then.

It's going to be a pretty good night, if we all relax, stop bickering and enjoy it.

Hopefully, the BSPA as promoters will still allow Berwick's track-staff to run the show. They tell me Lakeside was pretty awful, with the fence unwashed and just looking like an "ordinary" meeting.

One thing we know is that Shielfield will be ###### and span. Bring it on!

Mr Buckowski has, I note, been re-instated at Peterborough. They must fancy him a bit, then.

They also have Richard Lawson in their team but he's not super star!

Claiming Buckowski is not special. He's a bit ordinary really. He'll probably be one of the better riders in the meeting but he won't get much further.

Lineup:

1. Sam Masters, Australia

2. Emiliano Sanchez, Argentina

3. Krzysztof Buczkowski, Poland

4. Chris Harris, Great Britain

5. Guglielmo Franchetti, Italy

6. Christian Hefenbrock, Germany

7. Henry van der Steen, The Netherlands

8. Kenneth Kruse Hansen, Denmark

9. Ryan Fisher, USA

10. Matěj Kůs, Czech Republic

11. Tero Aarnio, Finland

12. Davey Watt, Australia

13. Tai Woffinden, Great Britain

14. Linus Sundström, Sweden

15. Facundo Leonel Albin, Argentina

16. Kenny Ingalls, USA

17. Reserve Lee Complin, Great Britain

18. Reserve Danny King, Great Britain

Lineup:

1. Sam Masters, Australia

2. Emiliano Sanchez, Argentina

3. Krzysztof Buczkowski, Poland

4. Chris Harris, Great Britain

5. Guglielmo Franchetti, Italy

6. Christian Hefenbrock, Germany

7. Henry van der Steen, The Netherlands

8. Kenneth Kruse Hansen, Denmark

9. Ryan Fisher, USA

10. Matěj Kůs, Czech Republic

11. Tero Aarnio, Finland

12. Davey Watt, Australia

13. Tai Woffinden, Great Britain

14. Linus Sundström, Sweden

15. Facundo Leonel Albin, Argentina

16. Kenny Ingalls, USA

17. Reserve Lee Complin, Great Britain

18. Reserve Danny King, Great Britain

No Tai Woffinden,so Id guess as first reserve that Danny King will be promoted into the meeting.

No Tai Woffinden,so Id guess as first reserve that Danny King will be promoted into the meeting.

Why no Woffinden? I thought he was going to "tape it up and have a go"? His replacement would be nominated by Neil Middleditch, but must surely be Danny King. Who is next to assume a reserve slot -- Ashworth? Indeed, will Complin be fit?

In a way that's good news, hopefully means he will acceptance wildcat for next year's gp , which I believe he said he would decline if he missed out in qualifying

In a way that's good news, hopefully means he will accept the wildcard for next year's gp , which I believe he said he would decline if he missed out in qualifying

The tag line for the event, "Come see the biggest event in the Borders and Scotland"

..Whats the event got to do with Scotland? lol

See it has been changed on the BSPA site!

Simon says (clap your hands)

Repeat

Replaced by the Panthers and dropped down to Poland's 2nd tier, yeah Krystof Buczkowski is really special.

I'll tell you a couple of Top class riders who don't get dropped by there parent clubs or drop divisions mind one hasn't been to Berwick before so you probably wont have heard of him.

I do agree with WJM in the respect that there will be some intresting races.

Yes I did manage to make it too Queensway Medows last year and had a very enjoyable evening! Thanks for the offer....

Apologies RH I was having a bad day! You obviously are a Berwick fan but I just like to see fans getting behind the teams and in reality Berwick would have no say on line up. I will say though that I think Sundstrom and Buczkowski (think he is in their top flight in Poland again) have a lot of talent and hope the fans see it on 16 June but who knows. Edited by Catch Me If You Can

See it has been changed on the BSPA site! .

My work here is done! Ha

My work here is done! Ha

You clearly have the power. :D

Hadn't thought of even passing by the BSPA "website", not being that taken with harking back to a place that time forgot, a bit like an online visit to Workington. :lol:

It's a real multimedia experience, ain't it? Maybe the Speedway Star should sponsor it - when the regular spats about the value of the Star break out & its pointed out that everything is more immediate on t'Internet, the BSPA website could come to the defence of Caxton's Press!

Still, Mr Russell's webmistress has certainly come up with a cracking tag line now: "biggest meeting in Berwick upon Tweed!" :t: Phew! :t: (Somebody tell them it's in Tweedmouth)

Still, Mr Russell's webmistress has certainly come up with a cracking tag line now: "biggest meeting in Berwick upon Tweed!" :t: Phew! :t: (Somebody tell them it's in Tweedmouth)

At least its now a correct tag line

We`ve only just got this meeting into the correct country,thats probably as good as it gets. :blink:

• Like 2