British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2012

Forget 2011, roll on 2012... After the extensive track work that has, and will be going on this winter let's hope that the riders on the track can show that it was worthwhile after a disappointing 2011 campaign. With respect to the other teams, at the end of the day we are a stand-alone team and, in my opinion, not making the play-offs, KOC final, or making any significant impression on the NLRC, pairs or fours in the 3 years that we've been in this league just isn't good enough. However I'm confident that can change! Come on you Islanders :cheers:

And now the actual team (confirmed signings only, points limit 40.00):

1. Nick Simmons 8.51

2. Marc Owen 5.33

3. Rob Smith 6.48 Ben Hopwood 5.96

4. Paul Starke 5.89

5. Danny Warwick 6.19

6. Rikki Mullins 3.00

Please anyone feel free to comment throughout the winter :t:

Edited by Islander15

I heard we could of had Bunyan back during this season but he wanted to be paid more for a point.

in all honesty i dont see why we shouldnt get ben hopwood back, good rider round the home track, always consistant in getting points for us.. which we need to do better than coming 2nd from bottom!

Edited by Charlottee

Good to Rasta Danny want to come back good little rider. :)

Simmons yep, Warwick?, Cottham? Smith? Starke? maybe but i know 2 who are coming and I aint spoiling the fun, so keep guessing. Oh and its not Bunny, Ripper, Marsh, Bird or Aldridge, mind you a couple of them would make it interesting....

So 2 down, 5 to go, with one of those announced next week. Obviously Nick was going to come back, and Owen hadn't come into my thoughts to be honest as I expected him to join Lakeside's NL side. For the record he scored 0, 2, 0, 3 = 5 on his 1 trip to Smallbrook this season (riding at #4) Whilst last year he achieved 1, 0, 1, 0, 2 = 4 (also riding at #4).

Simmons yep, Warwick?, Cottham? Smith? Starke? maybe but i know 2 who are coming and I aint spoiling the fun, so keep guessing. Oh and its not Bunny, Ripper, Marsh, Bird or Aldridge, mind you a couple of them would make it interesting....

Could we not get Bunyan in the team, could he triple up!! EL, PL, NL?

I would think IOW would wanna keep Paul Starke.

If not Paul i would not mind seeing u at Lynn but im not sure where u based so could be a long trip.

I'd love to see you back too Paul, as I'm sure the rest of Smallbrook would. I've been having a look at who might fit in given our 2 current signings and came up with this team, dependent on Resch's fitness though:

1. Nick Simmons 8.51

2. Marc Owen 5.33

3. Luke Priest 5.79

4. Paul Starke 5.89

5. Jack Hargreaves 7.04

6. Random 3 pointer

7. John Resch 4.29

With respect I think the question mark would be over Priest but his last 3 visits to Smallbrook have seen him score 11 from 5 (with Buxton), 9+2 from 6 (with Newport) and 9+1 from 4 (with Mildenhall), all in the past 2 seasons. Not bad! I had a quick search on Hargreaves and found his bebo account that says he's best mates with Priest too, that would help them settle in :t:

From news on the bspa website seem Brandon Freemantle was keen to join the IOW but may be out for some time as seems have broken his Femur.

From news on the bspa website seem Brandon Freemantle was keen to join the IOW but may be out for some time as seems have broken his Femur.

Very disappointing news, hopefully you'll have a quick & trouble free recovery Brandon! I was under the impression he had actually already signed and the press release seems to suggest we'll be following a different strategy rather than sign a random 3 pointer instead of him.

On another note, happy christmas speedway fans from me :)