British Speedway Forum
waiheke1

Great Partnerships

I always thought Rick Miller and John Jorgensen was a combination that punched above their collective weight. But otherwise, this topic is a dead duck - EVERYONE knows that Mort and PC were the best pair ever! :-)

watson and smart

Sudden Sam Ermolenko & Rocket Ronnie Correy .... they would take PC & Mort any day of the week :D

Peter Karlsson & Mikael Karlsson around Monmore were untouchable 95% of the time ... the other 5% they had ef :wink:

Hans Nielsen & Edgar Stangelands bike ... I am sure when Hans first came over he used to fake ef so he could borrow it for important races :P

But the best pairing of all Sophie Blake & Charlie Webster in a paddling pool full of jelly :D

Sudden Sam Ermolenko & Rocket Ronnie Correy .... they would take PC & Mort any day of the week :D

Peter Karlsson & Mikael Karlsson around Monmore were untouchable 95% of the time ... the other 5% they had ef :wink:

Hans Nielsen & Edgar Stangelands bike ... I am sure when Hans first came over he used to fake ef so he could borrow it for important races :P

But the best pairing of all Sophie Blake & Charlie Webster in a paddling pool full of jelly :D

Better than Collins and Morton not a chance also Phil Collins and Alan Grahame i would put in front of Ermolenko and Correy.

Best for me the Mildura boys Crump and Adams

Stoney and Steady in the Premier at Worky

Ashby and Kilby at Blunsdon in the 70s

Briggs and Mauger for NZ 60s/70s

Lennon and McCartney

Simon and Garfunkel

Basil and Sybil

The Two Ronnies

Blackadder and Baldrick

Laurel and Hardy

Batman and Robin

Bill and Ben

The Blues Brothers

Del and Rodney Trotter

Steptoe and Son

Enfield and Whitehouse.

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore

Reeves and Mortimer

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant

Sooty and Sweep

Tom and Jerry

Radford and Kennedy

Adams and Bould

The Comptons

Fleming and McEnroe

Mcnamara and Mcnamee

Barrington and Edrich

Lock and Laker

The Bedser Twins

Strauss and Cook

Marks and Spencer

Holland and Barrett

Burke and Hare

Chas n'Dave

Sonny and Cher

Fish and Chips

Eggs and bacon

Lamb and Mint

Curry and Rice

Spag and Bol

Light and Bitter

Vodka and Orange

Rum and Coke

Rolls Royce

Elephant and Castle

Highbury and Islington

Tooting and Mitcham

Corinthians and Casuals

Trinidad and Tobago

Germany and France

Edited by keef

Better than Collins and Morton not a chance also Phil Collins and Alan Grahame i would put in front of Ermolenko and Correy.

Both Sam & Ronnie were excellent starters & very fast when in front, Peter & Chris could not gate for toffee ... & by the time they had got round the first bend Sam & Ronnie would just be a dot on the horizon .... as for Phil & Alan, now I KNOW your having a giraffe :D

Both Sam & Ronnie were excellent starters & very fast when in front, Peter & Chris could not gate for toffee ... & by the time they had got round the first bend Sam & Ronnie would just be a dot on the horizon .... as for Phil & Alan, now I KNOW your having a giraffe :D

At Hyde rd Mort and P.C could give them a start and still pick them off no worries.That was the days when tracks were proper not like they are now gaters paradises.As for wolves always has been a massive home advantage there i always thought Correy was a gating tart .

Basil and Sybil

The Two Ronnies

Blackadder and Baldrick

Batman and Robin

Bill and Ben

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Sonny and Cher

Germany and France

Basil and Sybil ...... Couldnt get on and Fawlty Towers was written by Cleese and Booth ..... Basil and Polly

Two Ronnies ...... One much stronger than the other

Blackadder and Baldrick ....... great on screen partnership but one was a peasant and a servant

Batman and Robin ...... One was a Billionaire, the other was a lodger

Bill and Ben ...... the two men responsable for their voices didn't get on at all and most dialogue used was those two actually swearing in their secret language at each other

Cassidy and Kid ...... didnt do them much good as both were shot ..... same as Bonnie and Clyde

Sonny and Cher ...... Ended in divorce

Germany and France ...... not so good in the 40's

You can add, MORECOMBE and WISE ..... ABBOT and COSTELLO ..... LEMMON and MATTHAU ..... TAYLOR and BURTON

At Hyde rd Mort and P.C could give them a start and still pick them off no worries.

As for wolves always has been a massive home advantage there i always thought Correy was a gating tart .

At Hyde Road I will give in there .... those two were awesome

However Wolves has less home advantage than most, Hyde Road was very much a great home advantage track and there is no wat Monmore can be called Slick compared to Kirky Lane, Lakeside etc

Ronnie was very much about gating and his brilliant switch back on the first turns, but he could pass too ..... but didnt need to many times.

Ermolenko and Correy will go down as a legendary partnership at Wolves just as PC and Mort will at Belle Vue ..... both brilliant in heir day.

Keef

You forgot Bonnie and Clyde