British Speedway Forum
Rockets

Rye House Raiders 2012

Yippeeee.

The first three riders announced.

David Mason, Ben Morley and Jamie Sarjeant. Nt a bad start at all.

contracts offered to two unnamed riders and the reserves spots will be given to the kids who attend the training school.

I hope Shane Hazelden will be back as the boy has talent. I suspect as a Lakeside asset he will end up there with Marc Owen if they run a team.

Whilst the stand alone teams may well be stronger i'm glad the kids are given a chance. it could well be between Ben and Jamie for a PL spot in 2013 if not before.

Lets hope that this year Len can get enough fans through the gate to see the Raiders. Have seen some cracking Raiders meetings in the past ( some bad ones as well ) but last years admission prices of £12 were too high and has put people off going, shame because at times the level of racing is very good.

James Sarjeant blows a bit hot and cold, but has ability as he showed when reaching the final of the under 19s at Rye..He can ride the quick wide line at Rye as well and has room for further improvement..Ben will be looking to make the No1 jacket his own as soon as possible. and be pushing for a place in the Premier League..David should consolidate last seasons form now his illness is under control..I am concerned however at 2 trainees in the reserve berths, it will make us very weak ,one would have been ok, But it has been proven over and over again you need one strong reserve at least..I also hope the admission charges encourage fans to come and not the reverse......

Edited by waco

Charlie Franks looks like a good prospect IMO, wouldnt be suprised to see him snapped up by an NL side sometime soon.

I have to say Waco I can really see Ben starting to dominate in this division next season.

I agree with you about the reserves. Id prefer one rookie. Then a battle of the rookies as a second half like they use to have.

James Sarjeant is a real talent. However if he has the same support team as he did this season at Stoke then he will not achieve his potential.

• Like 1

.I am concerned however at 2 trainees in the reserve berths, it will make us very weak ,.

Thats just how this league should be,especially dual clubs like Rye,well done to the Raiders for going down this route,remember,Worralls and Birks we trainees at reserve not very long ago..................

If we were a stand alone NL side then I'd agree we would need a strong reserve. However the purpose of the Raiders is to bring through future Rockets, with Morley and Sarjeant we are certainly doing that. I'd expect to see Hazelden and Owen line up in Lakeside's NL venture, so the rest of the top 5 is a mystery. Ben Hopwood, whilst he is now an asset of Rye is looking for a new club and I think with One experienced rider in David Mason it would be a mistake to bring Barrie Evans back.

It'd be good to see Brandon Freemantle back to continue his development, whilst I'd also consider Dan Greenwood.

James Sarjeant is a real talent. However if he has the same support team as he did this season at Stoke then he will not achieve his potential.

At least now he has a manager who will put his intrests first , the same support team assisted lambo and he was rider of the year ?

sarj is a real talent ,lets hope len brings him on in leeps and bounds , there is nothing len doesnt no about speedway being an ex rider and

last of the great promoters ! The contrast of a professional run team to the comedy show of cat weezle last year, will help james no end,

lets hope he DOUBLES his AVERAGE AGAIN as he did last year,, an actually gets put in ht 15 when his scores dictate that .

" gloomy road the jurassic park of speedway ! fantastic place owned bye great people , ruined by a dinorsour " :rofl:

At least now he has a manager who will put his intrests first , the same support team assisted lambo and he was rider of the year ?

sarj is a real talent ,lets hope len brings him on in leeps and bounds , there is nothing len doesnt no about speedway being an ex rider and

last of the great promoters ! The contrast of a professional run team to the comedy show of cat weezle last year, will help james no end,

lets hope he DOUBLES his AVERAGE AGAIN as he did last year,, an actually gets put in ht 15 when his scores dictate that .

" gloomy road the jurassic park of speedway ! fantastic place owned bye great people , ruined by a dinorsour " :rofl:

I seem to recall you saying the same about Scunny when James left there,Looking back James seemed to have his best ever season so it cant have been that bad eh!!

I hope your right Montie and we have a Birks or Worrell amongst the rookies They were however seasoned motorcross boys before they started speedway.I havent seen ours yet but i will go and take a look at them,,untill then ill reserve judgement..The thing is the other lads in the team want to win things and starting the season nowing they probably wont does not help from their point of view ,Then there is the fans will the support drop further if the team is not winning??

I seem to recall you saying the same about Scunny when James left there,Looking back James seemed to have his best ever season so it cant have been that bad eh!!

RECALL ME SAYING SAME ABOUT SCUNNY ? scunny is a professional set up , which now has a proper manager and won the league !

The most important thing is this league carrys on the progression of british youngsters, in the hope we find a world champ again :t:.

It's not all about winning the league its more good racing and experience for the lads , you have winners and losers in everything but in

the national league the winner must be speedway as a whole, fans should'nt moan at having what they call weak riders look at scunny they went from also rans to champions in the space of 2 seasons when managed correctly :t:

I wish sarj and his new team mates best of luck, I hope they all have a season as good as last or even better , i will certainly be going when work permits to watch the raiders .

Good on ya Mr Silver for giving the youngsters a go this year. If you, along with Mr Godfrey can do it so can others.... way to go !!!! It can be done this way Scunny has proved it. Our british kids should be first and foremost in the minds of promoters....rant over!

• Like 1

RECALL ME SAYING SAME ABOUT SCUNNY ? scunny is a professional set up , which now has a proper manager and won the league !

The most important thing is this league carrys on the progression of british youngsters, in the hope we find a world champ again :t:.

It's not all about winning the league its more good racing and experience for the lads , you have winners and losers in everything but in

the national league the winner must be speedway as a whole, fans should'nt moan at having what they call weak riders look at scunny they went from also rans to champions in the space of 2 seasons when managed correctly :t:

I wish sarj and his new team mates best of luck, I hope they all have a season as good as last or even better , i will certainly be going when work permits to watch the raiders .

For goodness sake stop attacking a certain manager :mad: . That manager has more knowledge of Speedway at NL level than you'll ever have :approve:

• Like 1