British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

2012 Australian Solo Championships Qualifiers And Seeded Riders

Evening BFD what was your opinion of Troy, overtrying or a lot of bad luck.

Between now and the next meeting do you get the bus back home or spend time on the Gold Coast surfing?

Thanks for the comments on Speedway Updates.

Look forward to next Sat.

I'm on the road, Cuz - next stop Kurri Kurri for round 2 plus the Under-16s 125s solos, pairs and sidecars championships.

It's a tough gig, but who gives a - oooops - I mean, someone's gotta do it!

Troy was racing hard, and Kozza was defending his position. Kozza's front wheel caught on Troy's footpeg: Kozza endoed and hit the fence. Jake Anderson kummagutza trying - and succeeeding - to avoid the wreckage. It wasn't a pretty sight.

Evening BFD...

Between now and the next meeting do you get the bus back home or spend time on the Gold Coast surfing?

BFD surfing??? :blink: That is a truly mind boggling thought! :D The only thing remotely resembling surf that BFD is likely to touch is the froth on top of a cool beer! :wink::P

Edited by Bryn

quite a performance by Tungate to come third. Going to be a scramble among the EL clubs for his services methinks.

Thankfully we got their first to sign him up as a full Ipswich asset and i hope that he's part of our EL team in the not too distant future.

But yes, in the short term i can certainly see a scramble of EL clubs to sign him up once he attains a PL average as he certainly looks a better bet than some of the ropey reserves already signed.

He isnt an asset until he gets a 4H 4A average whatever the PR may say, that applies to any of the new riders this season.

• Like 1

He isnt an asset until he gets a 4H 4A average whatever the PR may say, that applies to any of the new riders this season.

Wrong. Both Rohan Tungate and Cameron Heeps are both Ipswich assets after signing club contracts. Or more accurately, both riders are now on Ipswich' retained list.

I've no idea i'm just trusting the comments of our promoter who seems to think he's already a club asset.

Barring injury, 4H and 4A isn't going to be a problem anyway is it.

Not even the promoters themselves seem to know the rule regarding this as the confusion between Glasgow and Berwick over Bellego proves. It seems to be a grey area.

As far as i'm aware, none of Taylor Poole, Dakota North or Rene Back have ridden 4 home and 4 away meetings for Peterborough but all three are claimed by Peterborough to be club assets, how does that work?

Not even the promoters themselves seem to know the rule regarding this as the confusion between Glasgow and Berwick over Bellego proves. It seems to be a grey area.

No confusion,Bellego is a Glasgow Speedway asset.

In English law an agreement between two consenting parties, both of whom are above the legal age, is a contract.

The length of the contract is agreed by both parties.

If specified by the contract that one party becomes the asset of the other party then it is the case.

I do not see that the riding of 4H and 4A meetings has any thing to do with being an asset unless the contract stipulates that those meetings need to be completed before the contract is binding.

Is it not the case that the 4H and 4A is what is used to obtain a average?

Talking to Lee Morris during the meeting there was a distinct chance of Nick riding for the Mighty WASPS this year as well, but alas it was not to be. Something to keep in mind is that he's looking for a PL team as well as the Robins this season,

dont the rules mean he wuld have to have sined for the pl club first to double up? he wuld fit in at berwick as a replacement for kozza otherwise

Wrong. Both Rohan Tungate and Cameron Heeps are both Ipswich assets after signing club contracts. Or more accurately, both riders are now on Ipswich' retained list.

Absolutely correct, both riders are now on the Ipswich Retained List. They have both signed contracts which commits them to Ipswich until 31 October 2012.

After that time they become free agents and will no doubt sign for the promotion that will pay them the most money.

Absolutely correct, both riders are now on the Ipswich Retained List. They have both signed contracts which commits them to Ipswich until 31 October 2012.

After that time they become free agents and will no doubt sign for the promotion that will pay them the most money.

I know from reading your posts in the past Mr Snackette that the asset system here is a thorny issue, and i actually agree with everything you say. But while it still exists, i think its important to the club(s) to get these guys signed up and on the retained list.

You're quite right, regardless of which club a rider is on the retained list of, he will ultimately decide where he rides. However, taking Cameron Heeps for example, getting the lad signed up as a full "asset", could very well be very financially beneficial to Ipswich when/If he decides to ride elsewhere in the top flight.

Totally agree with that