British Speedway Forum
msc1874

Pl Predictions 2012

Squall will have defected to Scunny by July and will be" looking after " Jorgy Worgy. :rofl:

Have you seen his 2011 DVD? Nearly gave me a hard on it was that exciting! :oops:

Edinburgh and Glasgow yes but no way will Sheffield be down the bottom. We'll have confirmed 1st place by July as it is my team and we are the best in the world

Can understand, though don't agree with, peeps thinking Glasgow in bottom three based on current line up. However ....

The current Glasgow septet will not be changed for the better before mid season. Stick on.

My posts are embarrassing? I think you need to look a bit harder. Your post is pretty much the same as what I've been saying over the past few weeks. Such a hypocrite.

Your constant biting when Newport are tipped to be outside the top 6 is what is embarrasing, just let it go over your head!

Somerset, Workington and Ipswich looking good for top 3 in no particular order, Berwick and Newport not far behind.....depending on who replaces Kozza at Berwick....I will reserve judgement on my team at the moment, they could be challenging for a play off place ( hopefully) or they could flop but I reckon Glasgow should at least make mid table...Ipswich have the strongest reserves IMO.....looking forward to a great season.....not long now folks :t:

Somerset, Workington and Ipswich looking good for top 3 in no particular order, Berwick and Newport not far behind.....depending on who replaces Kozza at Berwick....I will reserve judgement on my team at the moment, they could be challenging for a play off place ( hopefully) or they could flop but I reckon Glasgow should at least make mid table...Ipswich have the strongest reserves IMO.....looking forward to a great season.....not long now folks :t:

I think we've had our time in the sun mate . Can't honestly see our team of three heat leaders and four reserves avoiding enough last places in heats to figure at the important end of the table sadly .

IPSWICH look the strongest with a reserve pairing that could easily end up the season as heat leaders !!

Newcastle look strong too with Lindgren and Henry likely to improve their starting averages while Robson and Lemon are a formidable top two

Somerset look strong too with a very strong top four while Sheffield, Glasgow, Leicester and Scunthorpe challenging for play off places.

Champions - IPSWICH

Fours - SOMERSET

Pairs - NEWCASTLE

Top Rider - BARKER ..... Doyle close by

Newcomer - HEEPS and TUNGATE

Most Improved - Hopefully JOE HAINES back to what he can be and adding 2-3 points to his

average

Wooden Spoon - any one from Berwick, Plymouth, Newport and Workington

I think your living in the land of nodd if you think Berwick , Newport or Workington will have the wooden spoon . I think you need to look closer to home :)

I think your living in the land of nodd if you think Berwick , Newport or Workington will have the wooden spoon . I think you need to look closer to home :)

Wolverhampton wont finish bottom of the PL , i can be pretty sure of that .

• Like 2

I think we've had our time in the sun mate . Can't honestly see our team of three heat leaders and four reserves avoiding enough last places in heats to figure at the important end of the table sadly .

Paulco, strongly doubt our septet will be the same by mid year and not through injuries.

Paulco, strongly doubt our septet will be the same by mid year and not through injuries.

Who knows what can happen , you're right enough .

• Like 1

Who knows what can happen , you're right enough .

I'm no expert but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a bit of asset base building going on with our two new Aussies. We stand to get some much needed transfer readies in the bank with Josh and Nick (other matters pending of course) when they move on. So get hem in, try them and get the required number of meetings under the belt to make them assets and take things from there. Jade and Robert are possibly the ones to make way first based on latest form.

I'm no expert but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a bit of asset base building going on with our two new Aussies. We stand to get some much needed transfer readies in the bank with Josh and Nick (other matters pending of course) when they move on. So get hem in, try them and get the required number of meetings under the belt to make them assets and take things from there. Jade and Robert are possibly the ones to make way first based on latest form.

I feel for the two young Aussies as they are being flung in at the deep end being in the main body . I thought we would have introduced one new Aussie , but not two at the same time . Though we'll probably never know what went on behind with scenes regarding Monsieur Bellego and how he's found himself at Berwick instead of gracing the stripes .

I feel for the two young Aussies as they are being flung in at the deep end being in the main body . I thought we would have introduced one new Aussie , but not two at the same time . Though we'll probably never know what went on behind with scenes regarding Monsieur Bellego and how he's found himself at Berwick instead of gracing the stripes .

Totally agree. Bring one in per year with 6 experienced team mates to 'carry' them if needs be. No real pressure on them to perform and take it from there.

The pressure will be on 4 riders to up their game and 3 heat leaders to win every race early doors this season - not good. I have a deja vu feeling! I suspect finances may have played a part as last year would have been an expensive year for the promotion, with the new track and some big scores to pay. Don't think gates were up significantly to pay for it, though I don't think they tailed off end of season as they did in 2010.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are thinking ... well we've won the league, we can tick that box, and now long term financial survival is more important.

Edited by george.m

Trouble in store with the transfer system, don't think the big teams will be buying many riders, as they are being forced to give away a big chunk off their assett base, the rich clubs are having to give to the poor, bit like robin hood

T

Trouble in store with the transfer system, don't think the big teams will be buying many riders, as they are being forced to give away a big chunk off their assett base, the rich clubs are having to give to the poor, bit like robin hood

IMO the days of the asset system are numbered as I very much doubt their legality.

It smacks of serfdom where riders are tied to a club, but receive no recompense when a Promotion deems they are no longer required, but still expect either a loan or transfer fee should some other team wish to employ them.

We have witnessed where some clubs have acquired a bloated asset base, in some cases where the riders signed, have yet to ride for their so-called parent club.

A fairer system would be to sign riders on a single season contract which could only be dissolved by mutual agreement by both parties during the actual season.