British Speedway Forum
Lioness

Shane Parker Farewell 18th March 5pm

looking forward to meeting i have helped get bus and names togther there, is 45 tiger fans coming to say our goodbyes to the messiah , anji and kids , here,s to a great day, and good pay out for shane

Things are starting to come together for what could be one of the best meetings of the season. Big question from me is will they be keeping their clothes on? ;)

OMG I'm imagining a 16 rider thong/helmet/glove/boots only parade LOL

Edited by Trees

WORLD CHAMPION IS IN TOWN

Thursday January 12, 2012

GREG Hancock, who pulled off one of the most remarkable world championship wins last year, will ride in Shane Parker’s farewell meeting at Sheffield on Sunday, March 18 (5pm).

Hancock bridged a staggering 14-year gap by claiming the sport’s ultimate prize in 2011 at the age of 41.

The hugely popular Californian hasn’t raced in the Elite League since 2007 as he restricts his calendar to the Swedish and Polish Leagues and the Grand Prix series.

Parker, who won the hearts of Tigers fans with a brilliant season last year, is naturally thrilled with the news and he says more star names will follow in the weeks building up to the big day.

“I’m over the moon getting Greg to agree,” said Parker. “I think he started over here around the same time I started (they were just one year apart, Greg 1989, Shane 1990), and the year he had last year at this stage of his career was phenomenal.

“To be able to say he’s coming to do my farewell, well, I’m honoured to have him in my meeting.”

Gates will open at 3.45pm on March 18 and Parker is looking at plenty of side attractions too.

He said: “I’m looking at a few attractions and a bit of entertainment. I don’t want to deter from the meeting, but I’m a strong believer that there should be more than just your 16 heats or whatever, so I’ll try my best to put on a show and entertain the people,” he said.

“It will be the last time I’ll be over here at a meeting, so I want to be kind of remembered if I can.”

Sponsorship packages are available for Parker’s big day, either by telephoning Julie Reading on 07931-318401 after 5 pm, or emailing parkerfarewell@hotmail.com

Sheffield Tigers, sponsored by Sheffield Window Centre, have yet to confirm their fixture list for the new season but Premier League racing returns to Owlerton in March.

• Like 1

yes not nice from swindon when parkers day was already in the calendar :mad:

what a crackin first name for Shane's farewell tho :approve:

Edited by X-man

I know which one I will be at! Parks all the way for me :D

• Like 1

I know which one I will be at! Parks all the way for me :D

Is there an equivalent of the NBT in Swindon? :unsure:

yes not nice from swindon when parkers day was already in the calendar :mad:

what a crackin first name for Shane's farewell tho :approve:

Thats nice insult the memory of a swindon legend why dont you?! No-ones attempted to clash with Parks meeting the swindon date has been on the backburner for a while and is the only feasible date to attract a decent field before the gps start up...what do u want them to do? Clash with the Ben fund?! Unreal...you honour shane parker and we will do the same with Bob Kilby who only passed away 3 years on yesterdays date leaving a wonderful family..ok is that alright with you?

Thats nice insult the memory of a swindon legend why dont you?! No-ones attempted to clash with Parks meeting the swindon date has been on the backburner for a while and is the only feasible date to attract a decent field before the gps start up...what do u want them to do? Clash with the Ben fund?! Unreal...you honour shane parker and we will do the same with Bob Kilby who only passed away 3 years on yesterdays date leaving a wonderful family..ok is that alright with you?

bull. i have not disrespected kilby in any way or had a go at him or his memory and nor would i. some ppl need to read posts b4 deciding to read something that isnt there in them.

i had a swipe at swindon yes and i stand by that as parkers date was in stone long b4 they decided to run against it so get ur facts right b4 making accusations and throwing ur toys out of the pram

http://www.dosch-uk.com/barracks.htm

See you there? :drink:

You can watch a Redcar fan fall over and break the plant pots at the NBT!! :rofl:

:lol:

can swindon not have meeting on the sat , yes it is for great man who passed away 3years ago , but shanes date was giving green light by b,s,p,a last year . then it,s a speedway w,end for all fans esp, at start of season . ben fund week before why can,t they go week after swindon ride a thursday nite ,

Good News for Shane though is that while he will be parading Greg Hancock off, Swindon will be parading Nicki Pedersen at the same time.

That should be enough to secure Wiltshire being quiet that day as people head to Yorkshire !!

You can watch a Redcar fan fall over and break the plant pots at the NBT!! :rofl:

:D