British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zlata prilba

Czech Golden Helmet 2012

Anyone thinking of doing this meeting on October should try and sort out hotels rather sharpish as Ive just noticed that the Czech Grand National horse race is been held on the same weekend as the Golden Helmet and hotel rooms will be at a short supply in Pardubice. The Euro Hotel is sold out

Edited by zlata prilba

The date for the Velka Pardubicka Steeplechase long ago changed to Sunday 7th October, the week before the Golden Helmet.

The dates for both events were released at the same time

Out of interest, i assume you can just turn up and pay on the day for the Golden Helmet. Have not got a clue what sort of crowds turn up for th U21 and Golden Helmet meetings.

Also, are they both afternoon meetings? If anyone can let us know that would be great.

I shall probably look to commute from Prague - does not look to painful with a frequent service.

Await to hear

MB

Out of interest, i assume you can just turn up and pay on the day for the Golden Helmet. Have not got a clue what sort of crowds turn up for th U21 and Golden Helmet meetings.

Also, are they both afternoon meetings? If anyone can let us know that would be great.

I shall probably look to commute from Prague - does not look to painful with a frequent service.

Await to hear

MB

You can pay on the day you need to get a ticket from the booths tho, generally the meetings start at 12.30

Await to hear

MB

Yes you can buy tickets on the day outside the stadium. It is however a very messy procedure and you need to allow plenty of time for this. The booths are poorly organised and because tickets are allocated from a stadium plan on a laptop and printed off as required, it does take time to get sorted out . Add to that the fact that the queues are usually quite long and you can see it is a time consuming job. If you do decide to buy tickets from the stadium, (as opposed to e-tickets online), my best advice is for you to get to the stadium early on the Saturday and buy tickets for both days at the same time.

Both meetings are extremely well supported, but the the golden helmet is the more popular of the two and the stadium is always very full on the Sunday, and it is a big stadium!

Trains from Prague are plentiful and depending on which train you catch, journey times can be anything between 1hr and 1hr 20mins. You can just buy a standard return ticket at the station and select whichever train is available from the electronic display boards. If you get on a fast train the chances are you will be asked for extra money from the ticket inspector when he gets to you.

When you reach Pardubice you will need to get from the station to the track.Taxis are in good supply but the prices go up for the weekend. Alternatively you can get very cheap bus tickets from the kiosks on the train station foyer and the bus stop is right across the road from the station main entrance.Don't forget to buy enough tickets for the return journey as they are only valid for one trip.

If this is your first trip to Pardubice then you are in for a tremendous weekend. The Golden Helmet is like no other meeting and the Pardubice track is tremendous.

Speedway weekend in Pardubice will start at Friday with Golden Robbon - meeting for junior riders ...

im looking at going to this event but hotels are a nightmare to sort out. I have been emailing hotels and B&b about staying there but they have not come back to me. Does any one have a good idea where to stay. Just need 1 night on the Sat night for 2 people. Also when do you need to book the hotels by.

im looking at going to this event but hotels are a nightmare to sort out. I have been emailing hotels and B&b about staying there but they have not come back to me. Does any one have a good idea where to stay. Just need 1 night on the Sat night for 2 people. Also when do you need to book the hotels by.

Try www.booking.com select Pardubice and there is still some availability there.

also remember not to rush off on the saturday after the u21, as the first 4 heats of the golden helmet are raced after a practice ( which i missed lasr year) have fun filling the golden helmet programme out as well, keep your eyes on the score board to help, Also it doesnt matter what train you catch from prague or back, theres no extra charge, you can buy beers on the train as well, lady walks up and down train with trolly., or waiters on very fast train including ice creams and news papers on a tray.

Edited by beercellar

, Also it doesnt matter what train you catch from prague or back, theres no extra charge.

Have done this train journey many times over the years,and we have been charged extra by the ticket inspector on occasions.On one journey after we had been asked for extra money,we were told by czech passenger on the train who spoke english that it was quite normal to be charged more if you used certain trains,and that it is not a problem . ;)

ok so golden helmet. All sorted for Hotels. If you are stuck and want to do it on the cheap this is what i have done. FLy out fri night get from the airport to city centre by bus. 40min. Stay at a hotel by main train station and on Sat morning catch the early trian that takes 50min to Pardubice. Watch the racing and then go back to city centre. Sleep there Sat night and catch the train again to Pardubice sun morning. After racing go to the airport and catch a night flight home. I found that staying in the city is quite cheap found a hotel for less than £100 for 2 adults for 2nights. I know i have the train fare but it is less than £10 rtn. So all booked and cant wait for Oct.

Czech Railways timetables are here : www.cd.cz (In English too)

You have to use Czech placenames (Praha not Prague)

Yes, dependiing on whether its a local train, or euro city, etc, affects the price, but only slightly.

By The Way, "Mohu koupit jedno zpatecni listky do Pardubic / Prahy pa dnesek, prosim" means "I wold like to buy a return ticket to Pardubice / Prague for today, please"

** Zpatecni is pronounced "Spa-Ditch-Knee"

Jedno - One

Dvet - Two

Tri - Three

(You could always print this off, or save it your mobile, and show it to the person in the train station ticket kiosks)

There are also "Speedway Special" Buses that run on the Saturday and Sunday of the Golden Helmet Weekend, and some info on this is below :

From the city centre (bus stop „Masarykovo námesti“) to the Speedway Stadium in Svitkov can You go by the autobus line No. 8 or 88 – get out at „Svitkov, park“. Attention: The frontal bus-display must indicate „Svitkov, skola“. Some buses of line 8 are going only to Main Station. During the races in Svitkov rides the special autobus line from „Trida Miru“ to „Svitkov, park“. The bus tariff is normal, i.e. 14,- CZK (or 20,- CZK by driver).

Today I got the special bus departure times from stop „Trida Miru“ to the right „Svitkov, park“ (i. e. Speedway Stadium):

at 10:40, 11:01, 11:20, 11:41, 12:00, 12:21, 12:40 and 13:01. (These are 2011 times, but I doubt they will be different this year)

The bus lines No. 8 and 88 operate every day.

I´m recommending, You buy the very advantageous paper ticket for 24 hours (24 hodin). Such ticket You get at vending machines in Railway-station hall or near the bus stop „Trida Miru“ too. The price of this ticket is only 55 CZK, You can travel without any stint by all lines everywhere.

The validity of this ticket starts in the moment of buy. On the board do not mark such ticket.

In Pardubice, differ from U.K., we have the trolleybuses too. If You will want, You can make a little trip to Lazne Bohdanec by trolleybus line No. 3. Lazne Bohdane is a small and pretty spa town near Pardubice (ca. 10 km). This trolleybus rides also via industrial area „Synthesia“ and „Explosia“, where is produced the famous expolosive Semtex. Attention! On workdays some buses of line No. 3 end only by „Globus“ (shopping centre on half of this route).

**Trida Miru is basically the main thoroughfare in Pardubice city centre

The Junior Golden Helmet / Golden Ribbon normally starts at 17.00 hodin on the Friday, with the Saturday and Sunday meetings starting at 12.30

Dont know where the idea that the Euro hotel was sold out came from. After reading this post I e.mailed them to see if they had vacancies for 3 nights for The Golden Helmet. i had a return reply within 1 hour confirming myself and 2 friends for the11th,12, and 13th.

We have stayed there for a few years now, nice hotel right in the centre, and only 150mtres from the night club where everyone now meet on the Sat night for annual piss up.

The date for the Velka Pardubicka Steeplechase long ago changed to Sunday 7th October, the week before the Golden Helmet.

The dates for both events were released at the same time

Taken from the pardubice-racecourse.cz site.. Its showing as Saturday now instead of Sunday

Calendar of events 2012

PARDUBICE RACECOURSE CALENDAR OF EVENTS 2012

Date Day Event March 24 Saturday Spring veteran car and motorcycle market March 31 Saturday Extreme golf tournament "In the footsteps of the Velká pardubická" April 13 - 15 Friday and Sunday Gold Horseshoe - Governor of the Pardubice Region´s Prize - eventing May 8 Saturday Horse Racing May 13 Sunday Jumping competition (Z - S) - Cena města Pardubic May 19 Saturday Horse Racing May 26 Saturday Horse Racing - British Day

1st qualification race for the 122nd Česká pojišťovna Velká pardubická May 30 Wednesday League of Agriculture School - show jumping June 2 Saturday Children´s super day June 16 Tuesday Horse Racing - Gold Cup June 22 -24 Friday and Sunday Tunning Party June 30 Saturday Horse Racing - Italian Day

2nd qualification race for the 122nd Česká pojišťovna Velká pardubická July 6 - 8 Friday and Saturday Horse driving competition Aug. 2 - 5 Thursday and Sunday International competitions in eventing (Cl1*, CCl1*, ClC2*, CCl2*) + National competitions and Czech Republic team championship - eventing Aug. 18 Saturday Horse Racing - Slovak Day

3rd qualification race for the 122nd Česká pojišťovna Velká pardubická Sept. 1 Saturday Jumping competition (Z - L) Sept. 7 - 9 Friday to Sunday 14th international Horses in Action show Sept. 15 Saturday Horse Racing - French Day

4th qualification race for the 122nd Česká pojišťovna Velká pardubická Oct. 11 Thursday Central European thoroughbred sale Oct. 12 Friday Horse Race meeting - Flat race Oct. 13 Saturday Horse Racing Festival

122nd ČESKÁ POJIŠŤOVNA VELKÁ PARDUBICKÁ

Edited by zlata prilba