British Speedway Forum
BomberHammer

Nz Grandprix Live On Sky ?

Does anyone know if the NZ Grandprix is being shown live on sky sports,

If so, any idea what time it will be broadcast, with the time difference of 12 hours,

Thanks

As far as I am aware it is as Sky still have the contract. It should be 4am I think.

It's going to be one late night, or one early morning for all of us in Europe!

It is not on the sky schedule yet but as the start time is 4PM NZ time the UK time will be 3AM as they are 13 hours ahead. I will watch the rerun.

It is not on the sky schedule yet but as the start time is 4PM NZ time the UK time will be 3AM as they are 13 hours ahead. I will watch the rerun.

Oh no it won't as the UK will have had their clocks go forward by then.... luckily NZ clocks don't change until the day after the GP, so would get confusing if rained off on the Saturday as times would be completely different the next day :D

I will certaintly watch it live, I just dont know whether I will go to bed early and get some sleep or go to bed on Sunday Morning sfter the GP. :D

Edited by Brummie Kev

Correct thehammer, I thought our clocks changed after the date of the GP, still wont get up at 4 to watch it.

I would think it would make sense for Sky, if they are showing it to show it or the rerun at about 6 or 7 Sat pm, the same as they do for some GPs.

I honestly hadn't given it consideration, I've just assumed they'd show it live.. :unsure:

Not sure I'll be staying up to watch it, (if it's being shown live) bit late for me..

If it is live, I think we'll record it and watch it when we get up ...(before going on line to see the result by mistake and spoil it) . :rolleyes::D

If it is live, I think we'll record it and watch it when we get up ...(before going on line to see the result by mistake and spoil it) . :rolleyes::D

Nah, stay up and watch it live. I need some (online) company while watching the GP to keep me awake. ;)

All the best

Rob

Nah, stay up and watch it live. I need some (online) company while watching the GP to keep me awake. ;)

All the best

Rob

I'm definitely going to go to bed now.... :D:P

Will you honestly stay up to watch it?

I'm definitely going to go to bed now.... :D:P

Will you honestly stay up to watch it?

I get up early for F1, so why not speedway? I'll send you a text early on Saturday morning "OMG!!! Bunyan has won the GP!!!" :P

All the best

Rob

I get up early for F1, so why not speedway? I'll send you a text early on Saturday morning "OMG!!! Bunyan has won the GP!!!" :P

All the best

Rob

You'd better not!!! :nono:

I'll see nearer the time, we may stay up and watch it..Problem is, I tend to shout at the tele during GP's. I'm not sure the neighbours would appreciate it at that time of the day .. :D

Good question, maybe a better one would be, it is on sky at all? Afaik a deal has yet to be signed.. .....

LASt I heard, which admittedly was a few weeks ago, no deal had been agreed between BSI and SKY, who presumably are not confident of a significant audience at that time of the day.

However, I do know that if SKY decline to show the NZ GP there are plans afoot to have it streamed live on the internet.

Ironically, the host broadcaster in Auckland will be SKY though they will not transmit live to their home audience. It will be showed a few days later. That is one lesson that was learned from the Aussie GP back in 2002 which did go out live and undoubtedly had a big impact on the attendance, especially as it was an unusually cold night in Sydney that day.

I will certaintly watch it live, I just dont know whether I will go to bed early and get some sleep or go to bed on Sunday Morning sfter the GP. :D

Hang on -

New Zealand are behind us, so if the GP is on SATURDAY evening then it will be SATURDAY morning over here I think but then again I'm now confuzzled!

So, when are you going to sleep??? ;)

Hang on -

New Zealand are behind us, so if the GP is on SATURDAY evening then it will be SATURDAY morning over here I think but then again I'm now confuzzled!

So, when are you going to sleep??? ;)

New Zealand is Gmt + 13 hours therefore at my post time its just after 9.30 am Monday morning

• Like 1