British Speedway Forum
emerald tyke

Monster Energy Sponsorship

Sure most of us a really excited at this.Well maybe Humphrey + trees excepted.But it might be a bit embarrasing if one of the Red Bull lads wins a GP or even the title

Must admit, I did think it could be amusing if a Red Bull rider won a GP :D

Just wondering out loud really......we have seen it in football for instance when England have signed a deal with boot sponsors + players have a problem because they have personal deals with rival firms......I guess it is ok for Crump to have Red Bull logos displayed.Not sure about holding a can of the stuff inhis hand when being interviewed :lol:

does cause problems in motocross/supercross. in states monster very big but KTM always been sponsored red bull. same with riders, bubba stewart has red bull but kawasasaki he rode for sponsored by monster. forced to drop red bull so left kawasaki.

in europe red bull more high profile in same sports but alot a teams riders events now spons by monster.

as a former sponsor the bsi dont like riders and commentators using the sponsors name or products which is in complete contract to other forms of motocycle sport. could it be they will get even less now they have caught the big one :D

Sure most of us a really excited at this.Well maybe Humphrey + trees excepted.

Well the difference of course, is that Monster is a sponsor that people stand a chance of having heard of, but it shows how desperate speedway is when the fans start lauding sponsorship deals. You rarely see football fans jumping up-and-down because Budweiser decided to sponsor the FA Cup, or Investec with test matches.

I've no doubt Monster's involvement will be very beneficial to IMG/BSI, but what it'll do for speedway in general is still yet to be answered. It's also nice that IMG/BSI have employed someone to specifically deal with Monster, but perhaps if they'd been more attentive before they might not have lost other sponsors...

BTW - did KFC ever pay up?

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Actually, club supporters do get excited over a new sponsor, ususally because it means more money pumped into the club to buy new players or fund stadium improvements. Not that any stadium improvemnts are needed in speedway of course..

Actually, club supporters do get excited over a new sponsor, ususally because it means more money pumped into the club to buy new players or fund stadium improvements.

Yes, sponsorship normally benefits the players, stadiums and sometimes by extension the fans. Monster's sponsorship (not that we know what it actually amounts to) will benefit the riders, stadium improvements and fans exactly how?

Well the difference of course, is that Monster is a sponsor that people stand a chance of having heard of, but it shows how desperate speedway is when the fans start lauding sponsorship deals. You rarely see football fans jumping up-and-down because Budweiser decided to sponsor the FA Cup, or Investec with test matches.

I've no doubt Monster's involvement will be very beneficial to IMG/BSI, but what it'll do for speedway in general is still yet to be answered. It's also nice that IMG/BSI have employed someone to specifically deal with Monster, but perhaps if they'd been more attentive before they might not have lost other sponsors...

BTW - did KFC ever pay up?

of course it will be great for the sgp but for how long who knows. domestic speedway apart from poland will not really gain anything and the uk deff wont as all run by self centerd people. And the gov body are pants.

you are right they dont retain sponsors long term and as i said before they take ya for granted, poor service now and most of their staff suck :D

of course it will be great for the sgp but for how long who knows. domestic speedway apart from poland will not really gain anything and the uk deff wont as all run by self centerd people. And the gov body are pants.

you are right they dont retain sponsors long term and as i said before they take ya for granted, poor service now and most of their staff suck :D

Ya got in for nowt and probably got one of those super duper programmes handed to you along with all theose prawn sarnies and free beer.what more do you want? :P

Ya got in for nowt and probably got one of those super duper programmes handed to you along with all theose prawn sarnies and free beer.what more do you want? :P

ya got me there :D

Plus he sorted me pit passes at Leszno. For which I will be forever grateful!!

• Like 1

Plus he sorted me pit passes at Leszno. For which I will be forever grateful!!

it was a pleasure mate ;)

One of the really good things about Monster is that they provide each punter with at least four sheilas, two for each arm!

https://www.facebook...er&notif_t=like

Which one is you Dave?.......ok i admit that was a bitter jibe borne out of total all-consuming JEALOUSY.

Which one is you Dave?.......ok i admit that was a bitter jibe borne out of total all-consuming JEALOUSY.

You know what they say, Paul - anything more than an armful's a feast! Must admit I pigged out! :party:

...and I wasn't the only one -

Edited by BigFatDave

bit dissapointed with the presentation. i thought lesbo was where monster was coming out in force. better show at a british mx1 round, seems it is just a polish thing and not the full US monster package.

bit dissapointed with the presentation. i thought lesbo was where monster was coming out in force. better show at a british mx1 round, seems it is just a polish thing and not the full US monster package.

I believe you USE to be a sponsor in the GP's. You seen pretty bitter with most your comments????