British Speedway Forum
emerald tyke

Monster Energy Sponsorship

I believe you USE to be a sponsor in the GP's. You seen pretty bitter with most your comments????

it was stated as nz was to far the full monster package would be on show tonite. where was it then. yes, use to be a sponsor and maybe again in the future. who knows.

EARLY days yet ... Monster's involvement will really become apparent at Leszno. It is their European division that has become involved with speedway and where the money is coming from but Monster reps from NZ and Oz will be in Auckland next week and no doubt their American parents are keeping a watchful eye.

As someone who only watched the GP on tv Monsters addition to the GP experience seemed to be 4 pretty girls pulling faces when the semi and final draws were made,maybe it was different at the track but for us TV viewers absolutely nothing we hadn't seem before.

it was stated as nz was to far the full monster package would be on show tonite. where was it then. yes, use to be a sponsor and maybe again in the future. who knows.

ANDY ... huge Monster hospitality rig outside the stadium, attracted fans like bees round a honeypot Friday and Saturday. Lots of other Monster activity there. Inside loads and loads of Monster branding, gantry above starting gate, new scoreboard bedecked in Monster, new lining up zone, lots of Monster presence in pits, their own photographers and media guy (grandson of Peter Oakes, very promising young journo) and so on. Probably had to be there to fully appreciate but, believe me, it was very proactive.

And, of course, with two different Monster riders winning the opening two GPs they are over the proverbial moon.

I recall Monster saying that the package was heavily geared towards the fans, especially those in attendance at the meetings, and not necessarily TV.

Tell you what though, after seeing the first two GP's full of fantastic racing i'm so going to Cardiff this year to see.....the Monster girls lol.

Footnote:

I see that Monster's UK site now has Speedway listed in the menu options.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Plus he sorted me pit passes at Leszno. For which I will be forever grateful!!

Another freeby event for you. Do you ever pay and contribute to any sport.

ANDY ... huge Monster hospitality rig outside the stadium, attracted fans like bees round a honeypot Friday and Saturday. Lots of other Monster activity there. Inside loads and loads of Monster branding, gantry above starting gate, new scoreboard bedecked in Monster, new lining up zone, lots of Monster presence in pits, their own photographers and media guy (grandson of Peter Oakes, very promising young journo) and so on. Probably had to be there to fully appreciate but, believe me, it was very proactive.

And, of course, with two different Monster riders winning the opening two GPs they are over the proverbial moon.

hi Phil, as you say maybe they went all out at the venue for the fans. as said before i think it is good for speedway. just compared to other motocycle events with monster as a sponsor they have far bigger and better tv exposure as well as all the event stuff. the start gate bit was feeble really, some bend banners and a floor mat. would of expected far more from monster. i got more from the bsi for me £2.50 :lol::P

Another freeby event for you. Do you ever pay and contribute to any sport.

he was more than welcome to have them. over the years i gave away hundreds of tickets and pit passes ( 600 at cardiff ). if you dont ask ya dont get.

i was watching the GP on a polish stream and when Adam Skornicki was interviewing Gollob there was a guy there in Monster hat who i believe is in a rock band or something, he also interviewed Gollob and i believe he was present at the announcement for Monster Energy sponsoring Speedway

hi Phil, as you say maybe they went all out at the venue for the fans. as said before i think it is good for speedway. just compared to other motocycle events with monster as a sponsor they have far bigger and better tv exposure as well as all the event stuff. the start gate bit was feeble really, some bend banners and a floor mat. would of expected far more from monster. i got more from the bsi for me £2.50 :lol::P

he was more than welcome to have them. over the years i gave away hundreds of tickets and pit passes ( 600 at cardiff ). if you dont ask ya dont get.

COME along and have a look Andy. Think Monster were more than pleased with exposure, not least having had two winners in just two rounds.

COME along and have a look Andy. Think Monster were more than pleased with exposure, not least having had two winners in just two rounds.

theres an offer i cant refuse :D will see if i can get a flight for the next one B)

Just another of my fan club mate! As you know I had already bought tickets for the event. Pit passes were a bonus.

Just another of my fan club mate! As you know I had already bought tickets for the event. Pit passes were a bonus.

yep just like my fan club on here :D indeed you did have your own tickets and i was more than happy to supply the pit passes :t:

i was watching the GP on a polish stream and when Adam Skornicki was interviewing Gollob there was a guy there in Monster hat who i believe is in a rock band or something, he also interviewed Gollob and i believe he was present at the announcement for Monster Energy sponsoring Speedway

He is a famous Polish rock star who did a song with Gollob in the video preparing for and racing.

It's on Youtube somewhere quite catchy but nothing I would call great. Heard a lot better rock bands in my time.

Yes, that was the singer from "My Riot" who were performing on the stage behind the back straight after the GP and being very enthusiastically greeted by the locals.

I guess they were there due to the Monster tie-in and they are also scheduled to appear at the Gorzow GP.

He is a famous Polish rock star who did a song with Gollob in the video preparing for and racing.

It's on Youtube somewhere quite catchy but nothing I would call great. Heard a lot better rock bands in my time.

The video can be found here:

Good luck trying to watch it with the sound on haha :rofl:

The video can be found here:

Good luck trying to watch it with the sound on haha :rofl:

I enjoyed it with the sound on but then I also like Rammstein & don't have a clue what they're banging on about either :rofl:

• Like 1