British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester Track Debate

quote name = nobblytriers timestamp

. Apparently Karlsson is one who likes the track prepared the way it is now

i was talking to magnus in the bar after the meeting and he told me the opposite,he is not keen on the way the track is this year he is struggling to get his engines to work, he said its far to slick and just "spins up all the time" magnus much prefered the way it was prepared last year.

i guess you wont ever please everyone no matter what you do to the track or who does it.

I'm going to have to stop listening to people and stop reading stuff on-line as it doesn't seem to matter where you get your information, it's always wrong. Appologies to Magnus if I caused him any embarrassment. :oops:

Yes Neb, you're right. You can't please everyone. Some like it slick, some grippy, some deep, some big, some small ... and for the fans, some like passing, some just want a win, some just want to see the bikes go round and round, some like the social side and some like it all. I like the smell and it was good when there were no exhausts. No doubt I'll be down to get my fix next Saturday. The day I don't go will be the day the track comes good!

all reports by those who went last night said the lack of racing and crowd levels were down again, when will DH take action as it will be so sad to see leicester shut like newport due to lack of fans.

Not read all the thread but to gain more racing lines on a track you have alter the banking on the bends. Size and shape isn't the issue you just have work with what you've got.

Not read all the thread but to gain more racing lines on a track you have alter the banking on the bends. Size and shape isn't the issue you just have work with what you've got.

The shape is the problem and banking would make no difference imho, its a real shame DH didnt model his new track like the one at kings lynn

Amazing stadium, gret location, great club, potentially massive. On my visits the track seems to suffer from being massively inconsistent and as previously stated a gaters paradise.

I don't think it's a massive mountain to climb in terms of sorting things out. Look at least this proud club is back I think that maybe consulting someone of the ilk of Alan Bridget about what advice he could give may help. It won't solve the problems, but it's about gradual evolution of the club. I not saying doc could sort all the issues but his track record at track preparation speaks for itself and can only have beneficial input I would say.

• Like 1

Amazing stadium, gret location, great club, potentially massive. On my visits the track seems to suffer from being massively inconsistent and as previously stated a gaters paradise.

I don't think it's a massive mountain to climb in terms of sorting things out. Look at least this proud club is back I think that maybe consulting someone of the ilk of Alan Bridget about what advice he could give may help. It won't solve the problems, but it's about gradual evolution of the club. I not saying doc could sort all the issues but his track record at track preparation speaks for itself and can only have beneficial input I would say.

at last a well balanced view. Totally agree

all reports by those who went last night said the lack of racing and crowd levels were down again, when will DH take action as it will be so sad to see leicester shut like newport due to lack of fans.

Can I ask you something? Are you stupid? Did you not notice what the weather has been like recently and think that maybe it might put off some traveling fans? As for the racing last night, it was quite good and entertaining. Certainly better than some of the away tracks I've been to this year.

• Like 1

You are correct , my English is shocking . I'm only amazed it wasn't the King of Smug , Mr Snackette , who pulled me on it .

Or Mr Lovey Paul, you seem to have been lucky lol!!!

Or Mr Lovey Paul, you seem to have been lucky lol!!!

How does a lovely place like Ipswich acquire 3 pedants. Snackie, Lovey and Norbold. One can image them getting the proggie at the meeting, and scanning it before the 1st race for that one error that will make their night. :P

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Can I ask you something? Are you stupid? Did you not notice what the weather has been like recently and think that maybe it might put off some traveling fans? As for the racing last night, it was quite good and entertaining. Certainly better than some of the away tracks I've been to this year.

It's pretty obvious that guys like volty and Robert72 are in the anti Helmsley camp and whatever happens at beaumont park will never be good enough.

How does a lovely place like Ipswitch acquire 3 pedants. Snackie, Lovey and Norbold. One can image them getting the proggie at the meeting, and scanning it before the 1st race for that one error that will make their night. :P

Who is Norbold?

It's pretty obvious that guys like volty and Robert72 are in the anti Helmsley camp and whatever happens at beaumont park will never be good enough.

No disrespect but i'm certainly not in the anti Hemsley camp, slightly shameful of you to say i am being as maybe 290 of the 300 posts i've ever posted on this forum have been defending all the good things David Hemsley has done. I'm actually appalled you put in a camp with Robert72 just because i now believe that they have had time to address the one major stumbling block to a great speedway stadium; the track. Maybe before calling me you might have wished to check my previous posts over the last year to get more rounded view. Grumpy (old) git i may actually be but not ignorant enough to make posts about people that are in equal measures ill founded and ill researched. I'm sure the likes of speedibee, gemini, lionsden et al must find it funny that i'm now classed as one of them!

Mick.

Edited by volty

No disrespect but i'm certainly not in the anti Hemsley camp, slightly shameful of you to say i am being as maybe 290 of the 300 posts i've ever posted on this forum have been defending all the good things David Hemsley has done. I'm actually appalled you put in a camp with Robert72 just because i now believe that they have had time to address the one major stumbling block to a great speedway stadium; the track. Maybe before calling me you might have wished to check my previous posts over the last year to get more rounded view. Grumpy (old) git i may actually be but not ignorant enough to make posts about people that are in equal measures ill founded and ill researched. I'm sure the likes of speedibee, gemini, lionsden et al must find it funny that i'm now classed as one of them!

as an edit. Most my posts end up being overlong and my grammar is not up to the job of getting across what i want to say but i always do try and make sure my posts are reasoned, well thought out, and if i'm having a go at someone, i always try to make sure i've read enough of their previous posts to make sure i'm making a valid point about them.

Mick.

Edited by volty

Mick.

Point taken,I'm sorry Mick if you feel insulted to be lumped with Robert72 ,I don't blame you on that point......My real beef is the negativity of so many of the posts relating to Leicester speedway...Whatever happened to all supporters sticking together.....

The only thing discussed is the track,matches are rarely commented on,riders are never talked about its always the bloody track..Anyway for my tuppence worth I think the last two meetings have seen better,closer racing than most of last season combined.