British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Tv Matches Sun 29th April Thurs 3rd And Sun 6th May

quote of Czestochowa team manager Janusz Stachyra :

For me, Harris is a strange guy who produces zero and then is still surprised that it is going wrong. It’s because he is weak.”

I think it's a fair comment really.

I know folks here go on about the good old days but it is true that the Brit 1st division used to field teams with 3 proper heat leaders, two second strings and a couple of reserves but today you are lucky to see 2 HL in a team and most teams are full of 2nd strings and reserve riders.

Take Wolves they have 2 HL, 1 2nd string and 4 reserves maybe Ty might make a half decent 2nd string.

Poole have 2 heat leaders, Coventry 2 but then you break HL down into those who are out and out #1 riders and most teams don't have one probably only Poole have 2 .

Coventry are a team that don't have a #1 and Harris is a big fish in an incredibly weak league that is probably not even on the level of the Polish or Swedish Div 1.

People like Kennet and Bridger are not what I would call heat leaders. Good 2nd strings.

And that is the problem with our riders today.

Harris shines in the laughably called English Elite League and gains an over inflated sense of his worth.

His GP rostrum place assessment he had recently a testament to that.

He is 2nd heat leader material at best and nowhere near #1 material.

For me a #1 should average 9/10 points every match in a hard league and be capable of competing anywhere.

Peter Collins was a #1 Chris Harris/Scott Nicholls/Tai Woffinden are not.

But they are bulled up by Sky and many fans on boards like this and think they can compete on the world stage and they can't.

Harris has had his moments but that does not make him a top rider.

Egon Muller won a world title but could not compete in a league like BL1 here which was then the yardstick to the worth of a rider.

Now it's Poland and Sweden the wheel has turned and our top riders are not cutting the mustard.

Woffy today was poor and if he keeps that up he will be joining Harris and Richardson in the used spares bin.

Scotty did the right thing and went for the Polish Div 1. He may gain some confidence and experience in a top league.

EL racing is very good and the entertainment value high but it's a very weak league..

Today's Polish match was pretty dull. But their league is full of top class riders and guys like Harris can't compete.

He is fine racing against 2nd strings in the EL but put him in a league like the Polish and Swedish set ups and he is no longer the big fish he thinks he is.

It's sad as I would love to see Brit riders topping the world score charts week in week out but we are not good enough.

We do not have ONE rider even potential world class at present.

Woffy is someone who might well prove me wrong but at the moment he just does not have it.

Harris is living off his worthy Cardiff triumph and seems to think he is a top class rider but his performance contradicts that.

The Poles are growing tired of our riders not coming up to the standard they set their own youngsters like Zmarzlik and Dudek.

Two riders who have the potential to go on to great things.

We have Lewis Bridger. I think that says it all :rofl:

Edited by pandorum

People moan about British speedway but there wasn't 1 pass in that whole meeting. Gate and go. Not surprised the stands weren't full on a bank hol!

This is soooo true.I watched 5 out of the first 6 meetings and not one of them was better than average this season.Last year we saw some very dodgy track prep in Poland that got teams fined.....but still you will hear all the stuff about how great it is.I do remember someone aftera veeeery average meeting posting "Polish speedway at it's best" :blink::o Blinkered is the word i think.The thing is once someone gets into the routine/mentality of saying how good Polish speedway is they find it hard to actually see the reality.The stadiums are superb,but the speedway is no better or worse than most countries.I would say that Pawel does in my opinion call it as we all see it and will say when it is a poor meeting :t:

I usually try to say what I think, like you said some meeting are good and some are simply boring I have watched quite a few meetings from div 1 this year and last year and they were on average better than most Extraliga meetings I wished TVP would go to tracks like Opole,Gniezno,Ostrow and show some 1st div meetings and not the same tracks in Extraliga all the time in my opinion the tracks in Extraliga that usually produce good racing are Gorzow and Czestochowa.

Looks as though Chris Harris may be concentrating on the Elite League shortly. :cry:

http://sport.tvp.pl/...yml-lub/7222381

Also after yesterday i wonder how many more Polish paycheques Lee Richardson might be depositing?

I see Chris Harris might be getting dropped by Czestochowa already after his poor start to the season

Looks like Harris has lost his place to Bjerre.

Taken from a poorly google translated Polish website:

Gone are the jokes for Chris Harris. This is what was said on the sidelines for some time, became a reality. New player Dospelu CKM-u Włókniarz Czestochowa was Kenneth Bjerre. Dane will debut in the colors of Lviv has stood against Gorzow on Sunday. The details of the negotiations and the concept of the engagement, "Kenya," he told us Irenaeus Winiarski.

A supervisory board member and one of the major shareholders of the club from the Jasna Gora, Irenaeus Winiarski , personally watched over the course of talks with Kenneth Bjerre . Czestochowa Włókniarz steward explained why only during the tournament in Czestochowa decided to Dane. - Before the season, we took into account the contracting of Kenneth Bjerre, but keep in mind that the club cared when already conducted talks with the players. This group was Chris Harris. We trusted him because of his assurances of good driving just convinced us. In addition, decent Englishman presented the financial statements. We believed that it would keep his word, and the solid point of our team. Unfortunately, this did not happen - said Winiarski.

- In three games Chris wailed every time. The apogee was in Czestochowa, when it has not won a single point against Polonia Bydgoszcz. I admit that, then could not stand nervously. After the match, with Bydgoszcz contacted with Kenneth Bjerre and sondowaliśmy the possibility of its loan from Wroclaw. We were able to determine the conditions of the contract with the Danish and still needed the consent of Sparta Delhi - continuing member of the board of Lviv.

Here are today's TVP listings.

15:10

Ice Hockey - World Championship Elite: Finland - Slovakia

liveT.png

17:40

Speedway - Liga: Polonia Bydgoszcz - Azoty Tauron Tarnow

liveT.png

20:00

Speedway - Liga: CKM Dospel Włókniarz Czestochowa - Steel Gorzów

This works out to 4.40 pm uk time and 11.40 am for Pawel and Myself. :t:

Since the 2nd meeting is (i think) a recording are we all agreed NOT to post any updates? If it is live, then fine. It spoils it for me when i know the outcome . I'm sure someone will let us know. Join you all later. Best wishes. Alan.

Alan is right both of todays matches ran at the same time I would watch Bydgoszcz Tarnow first and then recording of Czestochowa - Gorzow, myself got to go to work for 2 pm so I am watching Czestochowa first will not post any updates

Edited by pawel115

... I wished TVP would go to tracks like Opole,Gniezno,Ostrow and show some 1st div meetings ...

When I was in Torun last September, I stayed a night in a hotel that appeared to have a Polish Cable TV station that was showing Polish 1st Division speedway (Gdansk v someone- sorry I can't remember lol). I saw a highlights programme, late at night, so maybe they do, or maybe don't do live broadcasts, I don't know.

Does anyone have any more information about this channel (sorry, too much alcohol to remember names of TV stations, that late at night lol) and whether there are online streams to it?

Alan is right both of todays matches ran at the same time I would watch Bydgoszcz Tarnow first and then recording of Czestochowa - Gorzow, myself got to go to work for 2 pm so I am watching Czestochowa first will not post any updates

Thanks my friend. As we say in England, "You are a scholar and a gentleman" :t: High praise! Enjoy and we can compare notes tomorrow. Best wishes from a very nice Indiana. ( The sort of day i should be out helping in the garden, but what the hell- it's Sunday, it's speedway, it's Polish!! :lol:

Alan you got any links to today matches the ones i have show soccer/football

Alan you got any links to today matches the ones i have show soccer/football

Mine are showing football as well. Does anyone have a link?

Hi all,

Anyone get anything but women's volleyball?

Its either volleyball of football I know the one I use will show speedway the bydgoszcz-tarnow match at 18:50 but where is czestochowa

I think we are out of luck for now. This is an Olympic qualifying match, so i guess it's important :rofl: - not to me obviously :lol:

I think we just have to be patient and first one post a link :t:

Alan.

I clicked on the sport.tv.pl link on Soccer Live because I was getting volleyball when I clicked on the Sopcast link. It is the Czestochowa meeting though.