British Speedway Forum
adyD6161

Need Help Asap! Please

hi i'm in need of some direction in how to start speedway racing i.e where i can ride,amature events and how to get my name out there.i have come from a long background of motocross racing and road racing so im not a novice on a bike also ive just turned 20 is this to late to start speedway ?????? thanks

Never to late to start,i presume you have a bike,with your background in racing it should give you a good start,however speedway is totally different

to any other kind of motorcycling.Plenty of amateur clubs around DRAGONS,STR, SCUNTHORPE, LYDD, etc,also plenty of opportunity's for practice

depends on where you live.

Cookie.

hi i'm in need of some direction in how to start speedway racing i.e where i can ride,amature events and how to get my name out there.i have come from a long background of motocross racing and road racing so im not a novice on a bike also ive just turned 20 is this to late to start speedway ?????? thanks

Where do you live.

Hi, Have a look a My First Skids website, www.myfirstskid.com. We hold regular training days where we supply all the kit for £85 and you can try a selection of different bikes as you get more and more used to the bikes. It is also possible to attend events at Scunthorpe, Lydd, Sittingbourne (Iwade), Newcastle... all of which have bikes to hire. If you are interested in a my first skid event please email me. We have had Moto X boys before so know all your bad habbits :) All the best Barry

thank you very much for your replies really appreciate it, yes i do have a bike and im from manchester local belle vue lad and hopfully a future rider! lol and ill pm barry about the training. thanks again :D

Hi there. You will be very welcome at Scunthorpe. We run training schools, practices and amateur meetings whilst Barry and his Myfirstskid team also run plenty of events at our track. Wayne Carter, our training instructor, hasn't got a training school on the main track until July now so I'd recommend contacting Barry and coming to their day next Saturday and you could even stay over and put some of the lessons into practice and have a ride in the following day's amateur meeting.

There are three adult classes so start in the novices and see how you get on. Chances are that with your MX background you might quickly advance into the middle (Support) Class. If you have any questions on equipment, setup or anything else feel free to call me on 07832-402167. If I can't help then there will be others who can help.

And of course, 20 isn't too late at all. Richie Worrall was nearly 19 when switching from MX and is now scoring big in the Elite League.

Cheers,

Richard

hi adyd6161 where r u in manchester im in hyde if you need any help with anything contact me on 07966037763 stuart michael neales dad

cheers always at belle vue aswell if you need to speak to me