British Speedway Forum

http://www.fim-live....exesCCP_en2.pdf

070.10.13 Foul or dangerous riding

The Referee shall immediately disqualify any rider team whom he considers

indulges in foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

There shall be no protest or appeal against a Referee’s decision to declare a heat

completed or as to his statement of foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

If, in the opinion of the Referee, such conduct produces an advantage to the rider

(or team) involved or affects the chances of one or more riders, the Referee may

stop the heat and order a re-run.

If any rider is unable to cross the finish line as a result of foul, unfair or dangerous

riding on the part of another rider who, in consequence, has been disqualified,

the disadvantaged rider shall be deemed to have finished the heat in the placing

held immediately before the foul, unfair or dangerous riding and allowing for any

advancement in placing following the disqualification of the guilty rider.

A similar system shall apply for a rider/sidecar team who, in the opinion of the

Referee, has deliberately laid down his machine or has left the course in the

interest of safety.

070.10.17 Finish of a heat

The finish of a heat shall occur in the case of any of the following

circumstances.

a) when the front part of the front wheel of the motorcycle (whilst attached to

the machine) passes over the finishing line after completing the appropriate

number of laps provided the Competitor is in contact with his motorcycle.

b )when the referee has awarded the heat as provided for in these regulations.

070.10.18 False finish

When a heat has been indicated as finished by display of the black-and-white

chequered flag before the required number of laps has been completed by the

leading rider, the Referee must declare the heat void and order a rerun.

If the black-and-white chequered flag has not been shown after the completion

of the required number of laps, the flag shall be considered to have been shown.

070.10.19 Rerun heat

If an accident on the track occurs and, in the opinion of the Referee, it is dangerous

for the heat to continue, he must stop the heat. Only the Referee is empowered to

order a heat to be stopped.

Any rider who, for any reason, is deemed to have been the primary cause of the

heat being stopped shall be disqualified from the rerun. A reserve rider is not

permitted to take their place.

The Referee may permit any rider who has fallen as a result of having been

fouled or because they have deliberately laid down their motorcycle or left the

course in the interest of safety to take part in the rerun. In such cases any outside

assistance may be ignored.

If a Referee declares the heat over after one or more riders have crossed the

finish line, it shall not be re-run.

Except in very special circumstances and situations that are beyond

the control of the referee and have influenced the heat result.

Then a heat can be re-run. Only the referee can take this

decision and order a re-run.

Any rider eligible to take part in a rerun may change their motorcycle for the rerun.

A reserve rider is permitted to replace a rider who has injured himself or damaged

his motorcycle but who has not been deemed to be the primary cause of the heat

being stopped.

When taking part in a rerun, riders must start from their original starting positions

and any permitted reserve rider must occupy the position of the rider he is

replacing.

My emphases

Edited as posted twice!

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

Cheers Neil - just proves what I was saying. Spot on refereeing from Craig Ackroyd.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

The real Nicki is back. Looking good but pulling desperate moves when he needs to.

And Nigel is right, you can't award races. THJ didn't finish!

SORRY but the referee (Craig Ackroyd) was absolutely correct.

Seems like very good refereeing then - it would have an easy reflex to hit the red light button (and unfairly make Greg and THJ go again) but he stayed calm and thus allowed himself to be able to call the fair and just result.

But Greg did finish as the race was never stopped. Ref then calls result at time of incident that prevented further finishers.

CORRECT

The Referee shall immediately disqualify any rider team whom he considers

indulges in foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

Immediatly, NOT 3 second later after the leader has crossed the line.

You can only award a heat that has finished but Nicki was excluded, so he was excluded immediately, thus the heat was not completed.

So, if that is the most recent rule book then it means FIM races CAN be awarded. So why do they keep saying they can't?

If a Referee declares the heat over after one or more riders have crossed the

finish line, it shall not be re-run.

SCB, please note this.

All the best

Rob

I can just see Crumpy if he was in front running back to the pits jumping on the phone and saying "come on ref rerun it, its only fair" :P

• Like 1

You can only award a heat that has finished but Nicki was excluded, so he was excluded immediately, thus the heat was not completed.

... immediately disqualify any rider he considers etc... Perhaps it took him 3 seconds to consider his decision and then he immediately disqualified Nicki and it just so happens that by that time Greg and the race has finished. :P

SCB, please note this.

All the best

Rob

So again I ask, who finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th? Because if the referee didn't "immediately" exclude Nicki and let the race run it's cause he could not exclude Nicki, he had to "immediately" exclude him or not at all. Meaning that the result was Hancock, Pedersen, Crump, Johnasson(FX) - He could award Crump 3rd as he took evasive action after Greg had crossed the line.

I agree it would have been harsh on Greg and Thomas Johnasson to re-run the race and the referee made a decision that tbf, makes a lot of sense but it's against the rules.

If you immediately exclude Nicki, you have to rerun the race of Greg has not passed the line, if you wait for Greg to pass the line then you cannot exclude Nicki.

I'm not going to get wound up about this one as I think the rule is crap and the referee actually made an exception call but if I was Crump I'd be furious.

So again I ask, who finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th? Because if the referee didn't "immediately" exclude Nicki and let the race run it's cause he could not exclude Nicki, he had to "immediately" exclude him or not at all. Meaning that the result was Hancock, Pedersen, Crump, Johnasson(FX) - He could award Crump 3rd as he took evasive action after Greg had crossed the line.

I agree it would have been harsh on Greg and Thomas Johnasson to re-run the race and the referee made a decision that tbf, makes a lot of sense but it's against the rules.

If you immediately exclude Nicki, you have to rerun the race of Greg has not passed the line, if you wait for Greg to pass the line then you cannot exclude Nicki.

I'm not going to get wound up about this one as I think the rule is crap and the referee actually made an exception call but if I was Crump I'd be furious.

You seem to be ignoring my last post that he did exclude Nicki immediately after he had considered his decision by which time the race had ended. I am glad to see that you think it was the right result but am amazed to see you still argue it was against the rules!!

I note from following others threads that to get into a tennis match of replies with you could involve me needing to book the week off work to do it justice with the risk that you to find one line in 300 posts that might contradict a point I made 3 days and 25 pages ago so I think I'll end my contribution here! ;)

I do like Nicki, the GP would be a poorer place without him, but that was plain silly tonight, and to try and argue his point to the referee was silly. No idea about the rules of awarding a race, but surely common sense and logic should come into play. The stoppage was right in front of the finish line, the winner was clear cut, Crump was miles away from the points clear cut, so award the result.

Edited by Marmite

Anyway, wasn't it good! Ullevi hasn't dished up the best in the past. But this one turned out to be a cracker... :approve:

Did anyone else have their hearts in their mouth more than once tonight...Sheesh... :blink::shock:

Just two weeks after we lost #RICO :cry:

• Like 1

Good gp, shame my money went on Lindback and Jonasson rather than Lindgren!

Spoilt slightly yet again by Pearson and Tatum... So many good races spoilt by what sounded like Tatum going into labour.

Any idea on the actual crowd number? Looked poor again but hard to gauge on tv.

The crowd was in the region of 8,000 to 9,000

Very Disappointing but perhaps most Swedes stayed in to watch the Eurovision Song Contest.

• Like 1

WRONG!

The crowd was in the region of 8,000 to 9,000

Very Disappointing but perhaps most Swedes stayed in to watch the Eurovision Song Contest.

CROWD was 12,800

WRONG!

Philip you should know by now that SCB is never wrong. :lol:

• Like 1