British Speedway Forum

racers and royals, on 25 May 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

Draw done http://speedwaygp.com/draw/36 Harris at one

If only that was how it would end up. :lol:

Alan.

1. :lol:

You proved us wrong, so well done Chris.

The real Nicki is back. Looking good but pulling desperate moves when he needs to.

And Nigel is right, you can't award races. THJ didn't finish!

Edited by SCB

Absolututly shocking from Pedersen

He's got some brass neck though hasn't he, riding round afterwards endlessly wagging his finger.

• Like 1

How can Nicki even think about complaining to the ref!! Shows just why so many fans dislike him so much. Shocking!!

Right decision to exclude Nicki. Wrong decision to award the race - which is what the ref did.

Had Greg crossed the line though? If he had then its called at the time of the incident - if not technically should be re run however harsh that seems.

What a t***ser Nicki is. Ridiculous to say THJ threw it down.

Right decision to exclude Nicki. Wrong decision to award the race - which is what the ref did.

Just watched replay. He hadn't crossed the line.

Had Greg crossed the line though? If he had then its called at the time of the incident - if not technically should be re run however harsh that seems.

I don't think the race was stopped.

All the best

Rob

I don't think the race was stopped.

All the best

Rob

So nobody finished 3rd. Nicki excluded, THJ got outside assistance and Crump went off track (to avoid THJs bike). The referee got it badly wrong.

Didn't see that winner coming! And how the hell did Greg score do much?! He looked pants all meeting, sign of a class rider I guess.

I don't think the race was stopped.o

All the best

Rob

Had assumed red lights but youre right no stoppage! So he finishes the race and ref right to call places at time of incident. Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Not sure its right but as I see it.

No red light - Greg went over the line,

Jason went over the centre green and off the racing line. The question here was - Did he need to go over the white line or was his passage clear to keep going forward. That could be one reason the ref chose the decision he did.

And maybe the ref felt THJ could have got up and continued???

Not saying I agree with my own arguement - but stranger things have happened!

So nobody finished 3rd. Nicki excluded, THJ got outside assistance and Crump went off track (to avoid THJs bike). The referee got it badly wrong.

Didn't see that winner coming! And how the hell did Greg score do much?! He looked pants all meeting, sign of a class rider I guess.

There are 12 volumes of the FIM rulebook (I won them in a quiz) and such an eventuality is covered. Basically if one (or more) riders have completed the race, then the ref can award the positions based on the positions at the time of the incident. That's waht happened tonight.

I wish the SKy TV crew knew the rules, and then there wouldn't be all the confusion on here.

All the best

Rob