British Speedway Forum
waco

Raiders V Fen Tigers Mon 4th June Pm

How old is the lad Nielsen? Anyone seen enough of the lad to think he is ready and could do a job at reserve in the PL?

I think he is 18.He seems to be getting better and better every meeting i see him in.Today as an example.Untouchable.

I reckon the odd guest booking in the pl wouldn't do him any harm for sure.He was hitting similiar times to the pl meeting.

edit.Knew he was 17..quite why i put 18 i don't know :)

Edited by adz_mft

He turned 17 during the winter. He's definitely ready for some meetings in the PL.

Edited by MrMungo

Hopefully someone will give the lad an opportunity soon then. Clearly looks to have something about him, good age too.

• Like 1

He was hitting similiar times to the pl meeting.

Yes i noticed that. A couple of his heat wins were only .02 off Doolan's heat 12 win in the PL. Times would also naturally be slower in the second meeting as the track becomes slicker.

Looks a talent the boy, hopefully Chris will get him involved at Ipswich sometime in the near future.

After been at Scunthorpe today, It really does make me Sctrach my head how the likes of Stefan Nielsen are missing out on Premier League spots for these Jonny foreigners that come over, How one of them has a team place i'll never know. As a Scunthorpe Asset (not been biased or anything) but would love to see Nielsen in the Scorpions Line-up in some Capacity this season.

Agree with much of what Adz says in his report.

Really thought Rye House would have had the upper hand in this match, but an off night for Rye's number 3 and an excellent display by Mildenhall's number 3 seemed to be the difference.

Several mistakes and falls from both teams, which probably evened itself out somewhat by the end of the meeting. Really good to see David Mason get up from that awful looking smash. Sure he'll be feeling second hand for a few days though!

I know he has a few critics down Ipswich way, but thought it was great to see Kevin Doolan in the pits helping the Mildenhall guys. A lot of riders wouldn't bother, and would happily bugger off once their "shift" has ended. It may not have made any difference to the final score, but good to know that there's riders out there willing to get stuck in and help out.

• Like 2

Well done to Mildenhall and especially Nielsen on his maximum.

Bad day at he office for the Raiders ,All credit to a weakend Fen Tigers with a stunning performance from Stefan Nielsen..Our Ben Morley had a very rare off night.. ( literally ),,..And David Mason had to withdraw from the meeting after a somewhat reckless move from Nathan Stoneman... I thought Luke Chessel rode sensibly on a marbely track picking up good points, as did Shane hazelden ..I had to leave the stadium before the end ,, work commitment, so cant comment on the Sarjeant incident ,but there is never an excuse for that sort of behavier.....All in all one to forget for the Raiders....

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

After been at Scunthorpe today, It really does make me Sctrach my head how the likes of Stefan Nielsen are missing out on Premier League spots for these Jonny foreigners that come over, How one of them has a team place i'll never know. As a Scunthorpe Asset (not been biased or anything) but would love to see Nielsen in the Scorpions Line-up in some Capacity this season.

I have heard 2 promoters now one EL and one PL site the attitude of the Brit riders standing in their way. I for one don't like the sound of that as it sounds like the 'many' are suffering because of the 'few' and some lads are being tarnished incorrectly but if he has been offered guest bookings and turned them down for 'other committments' and I believe he rides in the danish league aswell then I supose eventually people will stop asking.

No doubt the Fen men deserved their win, in a match that had more re-runs than escape to victory on the BBC.

Having studied the tape, Mason was extremely lucky to get to his feet after being collected by young Nathan, nasty as it was, it was a accident, as was Arrons fall when he clipped Sargeant, who reactions were unsavoury, unnecessary and childish, even as a spur of the moment loss of temper.

Nielsen was quite superb and only headed twice, when he may or may not have caught Mullins, who was prevented from his moment of glory by Bens fall. The other time was by the excellent Blackbird, who shut off on the line to allow the completion of a well deserved maximum.

The Rajiders needed to be fIring on all cylinders, sadly they !

DVDs of this match are available, but can't mention it on here or I will get another warning:) !

I know Stefan is part English/Danish, but who is he pledging his allegiance to?

I've yet to see him ride. A remarkable performance from the lad.

I know Stefan is part English/Danish, but who is he pledging his allegiance to?

I've yet to see him ride. A remarkable performance from the lad.

UK. hence him being in the Brit U21 meeting

Well done to the lad to get a full max too!!!!!

I have heard 2 promoters now one EL and one PL site the attitude of the Brit riders standing in their way. I for one don't like the sound of that as it sounds like the 'many' are suffering because of the 'few' and some lads are being tarnished incorrectly but if he has been offered guest bookings and turned them down for 'other committments' and I believe he rides in the danish league aswell then I supose eventually people will stop asking.

Bit harsh when i guess you dont know what the "other committments" are dont you think!!!

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed this meeting! Was all set to leave the stadium after the Ipswich meeting, cold, dusty and bored, but decided to watch the first few heats. So glad we did, these boys really give it their all.

Very impressed with Stef Nielsen, shame we didn't book him as our guest for the NL meeting! Great touch by Lewis to slow down in heat 15 and allow him his full maximum.

Also nice, but typical of him, to see Kev Doolan lending a hand with young Nathan Stoneman.

The only sour point was the un-necessary incident by Sarjeant. Especially as Baseby was still on the ground. We had moved round to the 4th bend by this heat and we could hear Sarjeant yelling at Baseby and then the crack as he head butted him. Nasty!

James Sarjeant.Total tool.Looked obvious to me that Aaron got some un wanted drive which sent him into James.Luckily it didn't take him into the fence.His reaction afterwards was disgraceful.Aaron put his hand up as if to appologize,only for James to headbutt him whilst he was on the floor.The lad needs to be dealt with.Idiot.

Crickey - exactly HOW do you head-butt someone when they're on the floor..?!

Quite easily. Aaron was sitting up, trying to reason with him, James leaned over shouting and then butted him.