British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Buxton - Monday, June 4th (nl) (follows Pl Meeting)

Max Clegg could be another whose engine could go pop at any time. It sounds as it is over-revving/spinning as it comes out of bend 4. Maybe gearing needs changing to lower the revs as it could be costly. Maybe a family member or mechanic could stand on bend 4 for there assessment. Just a thought!

Max Clegg could be another whose engine could go pop at any time. It sounds as it is over-revving/spinning as it comes out of bend 4. Maybe gearing needs changing to lower the revs as it could be costly. Maybe a family member or mechanic could stand on bend 4 for there assessment. Just a thought!

Couldnt any engine at anytime go pop!!! im sure with the help in his corner he has,they are happy with the set up,also looking at his scores of late round Scunny,there aint much wrong either

• Like 1

Couldnt any engine at anytime go pop!!! im sure with the help in his corner he has,they are happy with the set up,also looking at his scores of late round Scunny,there aint much wrong either

Montie Ironscorpion was just offering an opinion from what he heard at the meeting. Do you have to take everything as an attack on saints riders when sometimes people are just offering opinions.

Montie Ironscorpion was just offering an opinion from what he heard at the meeting. Do you have to take everything as an attack on saints riders when sometimes people are just offering opinions.

O have a day of will you!!!!!

And yes i was offering my opinion,not an attack at all,nowt happening at Leices this week to occupy you??

Maybe youself with your knowledge of engine set ups could wander round from the fourth bend and advise him...

yesterday was difficult for any of the boys to set up(apparantly).i did notice joe haines helping max through out the meeting and the scores speek for themselves so they did something right.keep it up max your doing a great job.Ps hope youve dried out after your little swim also on bend 4!!!!

TMW. Thanks for the reply, as we have a few on here & our own forum that "attack the post & not the poster". It seems they know it all about everything as we don't as we say it as we see it. Comical, though, reading the replies. Berwick v Scorpions was another thread that had some "juicy" replies. Some posters have not got a life except for having a go at others.(Hoggy, also, had some replies on the Scunthorpe v Sheffield thread).

O have a day of will you!!!!!

:rofl:

I feel priviledged u remember

TMW. Thanks for the reply, as we have a few on here & our own forum that "attack the post & not the poster". It seems they know it all about everything as we don't as we say it as we see it. Comical, though, reading the replies. Berwick v Scorpions was another thread that had some "juicy" replies. Some posters have not got a life except for having a go at others.(Hoggy, also, had some replies on the Scunthorpe v Sheffield thread).

Your welcome I could see where you were coming from .

Edited by TMW

Any views on the SCB statement on Scunthorpe "inadvertently" including Steve Jones in their line up for this meeting?

Any views on the SCB statement on Scunthorpe "inadvertently" including Steve Jones in their line up for this meeting?

Here's my view.

It has been proven yet again that it's OK for a team to cheat and still be allowed to win a meeting.

It's time for the BSPA to adjust these results accordingly and award the removed points to the opposition which would have 44-48 to Buxton.

No team should benefit from breaking the rules

Edited by screamer

TBF. Steve doesnt have a team, His average didnt take Scunthorpe over the average limit so i cant see what harm Scunthorpe have done its an honest mistake they were giving a British rider a chance to put himself in the shop window, The SCB have made the correct call for a change in my view.

i understand the rule is you can have a guest for your no 1 and a three point guest for others, not sure how steves average has been worked out but if he is over 3, then yes scunthorpe are deemed to have fielded an illegal team.

i agree the buxton riders should allso have there points adjusted from the rides steve had

main point though, have scunthorpe been fined, as poole were for doing nothing wrong

Surely it's time to go back to ten-man squads in the National League. Otherwise what is supposed to happen when a club has five riders out all at once, as happened with the Saints in this case. There needs to be a way that a club can cover for the absence of multiple riders.

All the best

Rob

It's time for the BSPA to adjust these results accordingly and award the removed points to the opposition which would have 44-48 to Buxton.

No team should benefit from breaking the rules

IN TODAY'S SCB STATEMENT? They have the amended score as Scunthorpe 44 Buxton 36. So no awarding of points to the races where technically Scunthorpe would only have fielded one rider!

Quote from the site

"staged on June 4.

National League: SCUNTHORPE v BUXTON: Monday 4th June 2012

At the above Meeting, Scunthorpe were short-handed as a consequence of the non-availability of 5 Riders, Jerran Hart, Steve Worrall, Oliver Greenwood, Gary Irving & Adam Wrathall and left the Team with just 3 Riders available (Tom Young, Danny Phillips & the nominated #8, Max Clegg) .

Using Ashley Birks as a Guest for Jerran Hart and the Rider Replacement facility for Steven Worrall, the Team included also include Tommy Fenwick as a 3.00 CMA replacement.

This left one further position to be filled and inadvertently Scunthorpe included Steve Jones, a rider not in any Team Declaration but holding a previously achieved CMA of 5.33.

The National League Co-Ordinator has ruled that whilst Tommy Fenwick was eligible, Steve Jones was not.

Accordingly the points scored by Steven Jones are to be deducted, therefore the Meeting Result is therefore:

SCUNTHORPE 44 BUXTON 36"

NB:

I've updated the MiniMax tables to reflect the change in race points scored. Even though the BSPA haven't i presume this is a final decision on the matter and they just haven't got around to changing their tables?

Edited by manchesterpaul

ten man squads wont work, where are you going to get the extra riders

Presumeably from the same place that you would get them if another two teams were riding in the NL?

None of this is Steve's fault and he was very good at that meeting.