British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Garrity A Raider?

As for ego i thought he looked a bit full of himself

In what way!!!!! bet it was your first ever time seeing the young lad, I have seen him around different tracks and only spoken to him a couple of times and he is well spoken and very polite. I bet you are saying that because after he has done his 4 laps, he goes round pulling wheelies!!!!!!!! Dont knock the lad, bet thats why he rides abroad because of very jealous people slating him here in Britian :mad:

From what i saw on monday he would benefit more from a plain race suit and a little less ego

Oh dear... Is this the kind of thing he's gonna have to put up with throughout his career?

Must say i had a good long chat with Robert + his parents at the weekend and found them very pleasant.Can't say i saw anything like a big ego or bad attitude.Obviously if someone does better than those around them they will get some jealousy and nasty comments.I remember Arthur Sissis' father telling me similar things.I do think they have thought the situation over and decided on what they think will be best for Robert both from a development and also safety aspect

The lad is good, he has every right to a nice race suit and to pop wheelies, strange people assume it's an ego thing, could maybe be a 13 year old lad having fun and enjoying doing what he loves?

The Raiders did try to get him into the side for this season, however were refused permission, which is a shame as he is a fantastic rider and talent which could have been nurtured for both his and British speedway's future. Given the right guidance he can be a world class rider.

As for Garrity riding for the Raiders, it makes sense and will be good for everyone involved, he's started to fire in the Premier League, another lad with undoubted potential, with Morley, Sarjeant and Hazelden also in the Raiders side, the future is looking bright for Rye House.

From my daughter's sporting experience in her day on an Olympic Squad , a very thick piece of cork between the shoulders & deaf ears help a great dealing with your eventual progress as a lot of rubbish is spoken in psychlogical jealosy about you by you peers and older competitors :t:

Go for it Robert, wear what you feel is correct and 'Ommer 'Em!

Edited by berniev123

bet thats why he rides abroad because of very jealous people slating him here in Britian :mad:

He can't race competetively against all comers in the UK. His parents must be congratulated for making the effort to drive to the continent so Robert can get some serious laps in... Imagine how good he's gonna be when he rides in the National League with all that experience behind him!

Edited by Shadders

Think it was PhilK a few weeks ago who said he wouldn't be surprised if Robert gave the NL a miss and waited until he was old enough for the PL/EL.I wouldn't be surprised if PhilK's hunch was correct

Think it was PhilK a few weeks ago who said he wouldn't be surprised if Robert gave the NL a miss and waited until he was old enough for the PL/EL.I wouldn't be surprised if PhilK's hunch was correct

Could be the way to go... He'd learn more racing against stronger opposition in Germany rather than the lower standard of the National League.

NL wouldnt be bad to get a feel for the tracks in this country.

No disrespect to Robert ,but isnt this thread supposed to be about Jason Garrity,,?

Final word on this from me i didnt know who the young lad was in and around the pits looking IMO pretty full of himself i assumed he may be a Raider or Fentiger,didnt even know it was Robert Lambert till before his 2nd ride when i heard the announcement.He proceeded to fall off in his 1st practice ride and a Ryehouse supporter sat near me said that might bring him back down to earth a bit,dont know if that was pun or no pun intended but perhaps that comment stuck in my head.He came out for his 2nd practice ride and looked better than most of the riders in the PL meeting,fair play to the lad and his parents if they are putting this much time and effort into his future career.

My original post has been quoted twice by the same poster both basically agreeing then disagreeing with it :unsure:

But as Waco says this thread is about Jason Garrity who will definitely benefit from NL meetings as if he has a couple of bad PL meetings he should be able to get himself back in the groove with a good NL performance,i would have thought he would have been a shoe in from the start of the season unless Team building limits prevented it.

Last year Craig Cooke was the 'next best thing'. This year R Worrall is 'the next best thing' next year R Lambert will be the next best thing can this country not focus on more than 1 rider???? No wonder we only have one Brit hanging on by his finger nails.

Back to topic all the best to JG much maligned but a great lad a great team player.