British Speedway Forum
Main Man

Congrats To Zach Wajtknecht --world 125cc Champion

Congratulations to Zach Wajtknecht who raced to the World 125cc Chamopionship in Germany on Saturday.

• Like 1

Thats easy for you to say :blink:

It is !! (Prounouced like Wozniak)

Great lad. He crashed out in the 250 races in heat one at Wolves on Monday and felt sorry for himself and his battered bike after slamming into the air fence on bend four in his first ride after finding too much grip whilst chasing Nathan Greaves. But he bounced back in the best possible way with this win --a British World Champion!!

His facebook page had the trophies on and they were bigger than him and his dad Kevin rang me from Germany after the meeting with the news.

• Like 2

Great to hear this. With the Morris/Vatcher/BSPA system in place, we will see further progress in the next couple of years.

The future is looking better than it has been for years.

Just out of interest how old were the other riders then?

Ok.Thought maybe you would know how old Jack Cornes was.I see that the Polish rider!!!!!Yes a polish rider on Longtrack/grasstrack is also 13.What is quite interesting is the young German who was unbeaten until he fell in the final....Sandro Wassermann.....i wonder if he is any relation to the exwas it Racer? Hans??? Must investigate this one.Or maybe Jesper has some info on him and the Dutch riders ages?

Edited by iris123

think Jack is also 13 but will check. I wondered if it was Hans's relation as well.

Got the answer to my question on Hans/Sandro.Although they come from the same area of Germany they are not related