British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 Championships Final Round Saturday 10th November

Excellent meeting and tremendous value for money. If you didn't attend then buy the DVD. #iwasthere

Blimey you must have gone straight on the booze after the meeting and by 1am the terrible meeting(the track sadly didn`t give the riders a chance to entertain)suddenly becomes a great meeting.And yes i did meet Gemini.

• Like 1

Shame the riders had to cope with a very heavy track, but the highlight for me was Bartosz Zmarzlik. Very fast and skilful in difficult conditions, definitely one to watch out for.

The conditions and falls dictated the pace of the meeting but the start Marshall was so fussy, he wasn't happy until he moved every rider 6 inches.

Would have been interesting to see these guys on a normal track, but at least we had a meeting of some sort.

• Like 1

You do realise that Patryk missed the first round of the series so was pretty much out of contention anyway?

If the track was as dodgy as it sounds, you can't really blame him if he wasn't giving it full gas when his chances were already uber slim and he is just getting over an injury.

Ermmm....Alex raced at Poole last year!

Admittedly he didn't complete the match as he crashed out and took a ride to hospital, but he was there and racing.

It was Vadim Tarasenko who didn't race at Poole last year due to visa problems.

Drat, i knew i would mix those 2 up. But yea was really looking forward to seeing Vadim last year.

Yes i am aware Dudek missed the first round and as far as i was aware he is a genuine contender for the title.

He certainly needs to get as many points if he wants to get on the rostrum but didnt look interested .

Certainly if he is still carrying an injury then he probably wouldnt want to risk it but i was disappointed as i expected him to be making up points.

The track WAS dodgy. Riders struggled through-out the meeting. However didnt stop some riders, like Zmarlik for example, for giving it there all because points are on the line to make up.

Maybe that is being harsh on Dudek, but i expected more thats all so was disappointed.

Blimey you must have gone straight on the booze after the meeting and by 1am the terrible meeting(the track sadly didn`t give the riders a chance to entertain)suddenly becomes a great meeting.And yes i did meet Gemini.

I'd say they entertained alright - just in the wrong sort of way and much too scary for me. :lol: I don't like to be on edge all night waiting to see which rider is going to manage to complete four laps without hitting the fence. I think Vaclav Milik won overall in the scary entertainment stakes. :P

A bit of a strange meeting, entertaining with all the falls, thankfully nobody got hurt, start marshall a complete prat, different bloke to normal. Jensen deserved the win looked the best man on the night and good to see young Kyle newman amongst the points.

shame about the track, would probably have been called off, if it was a normal EL meeting.

I think no-one was expecting a classic, after all the rain. It was obvious from the amount of surface water that it really had bucketed down.

Yesterday was more a test for the riders, to see how they could cope in wet, heavy conditions. MJJ was a class apart; I'm very, very impressed by this young man. I would definitely like to see him in the GP in 2013. Mikkel B wasn't far behind, even if he did fluff his final ride.

On the other hand, a lot of Poles were showed up as not very skillful. They may have expensive machinery, but give them a difficult track to ride, and most of them didn't even know where to start. I did like Zmarzlik, though, he did come a cropper in one race which we would have won had he shown a little patience, but otherwise he did very well in really attacking the conditions.

Fantastic to see Kyle Newman and Tom Perry getting stuck in, and both can be proud of their efforts.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Google 'sarcasm'.

• Like 2

Google 'sarcasm'.

Luckily I saw all you tweets last night, so I knew you were... :D

Saturday`s line-up courtesy of Sportowefakty

Lista startowa IV Finału Indywidualnych Mistrzostw Świata Juniorów w Tarnowie:

1. Tobiasz Musielak (Polska)

2. Pontus Aspgren (Szwecja)

3. Patryk Dudek (Polska)

4. Aleksandr Loktajev (Ukraina)

5. Nikolaj Jakobsen (Dania)

6. Piotr Pawlicki (Polska)

7. Michael Jepsen Jensen (Dania)

8. Nicklas Porsing (Dania)

9. Maciej Janowski (Polska)

10. Sam Masters (Australia)

11. Jakub Jamróg (Polska)

12. Mikkel Michelsen (Dania)

13. Vaclav Milik (Czechy)

14. Przemysław Pawlicki (Polska)

15. Mikkel Bech Jensen (Dania)

16. Damian Adamczak (Polska)

17. Kacper Gomólski (Polska)

18. Ernest Koza (Polska

Live updates from 5 pm (uk time)

Edited by racers and royals

The way he rode tonight in Sweden and last Sunday in Poland our young Mr Dudek will take some stopping. Though he is up against "the best rider in the world" - if it wasn't for those pesky ruts that catch him out. :lol:

We're just ready for the off to the 'track from hell'. Nearly as bad as getting to and from Terenzano! Went this morning for a dummy run and to buy tickets, but no joy. People were turned away from practice as it was behind closed doors (also got no tickets)..Railway booking office closed and could not buy train tickets. Told we were best to catch the bus back but where from? A person working at the stadium kindly walked us to the bus stop. After this we'd better get a better meeting than Coventry!