British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 Championships Final Round Saturday 10th November

I dont think any of the riders outside of the top 5 will go. It just isnt worth it. The riders will need to spend around 15 days in argentina...

In my opinion it will be cancelled and the current results will stand.

Dakota North, Sam Masters, Pontus Asprgen are all outside the top 5, but they will go :t:.

FIM rules for this year state a rider will be fined and banned for missing a meeting without a proper reason. Ban for a year/season and fine for 100k are mentioned in the rulebook.

FIM rules for this year state a rider will be fined and banned for missing a meeting without a proper reason. Ban for a year/season and fine for 100k are mentioned in the rulebook.

Riders are not happy......lot of promises made that have a year later been "forgotten".Talk among one or two that i spoke to about the Poles dropping like flies because they are not getting enough backing.I think f-s-p and myself have said quite a lot on this subject a year and more ago......

The Danish riders are shipping their bikes tomorrow. The riders are flying out on 29th and leaving again on November 13th.

Kurt Hansen and I will leave on the 31th and return on the same flight as the riders.

Hope it will be worth it (Copenhagen-Frankfurt 1:35, Frankfurt-Buenos Aires 13:00, Buenos Aires-Bahia Blanca 1:15) !!

• Like 1

Riders are not happy......lot of promises made that have a year later been "forgotten".Talk among one or two that i spoke to about the Poles dropping like flies because they are not getting enough backing.I think f-s-p and myself have said quite a lot on this subject a year and more ago......

Here's the rule:

--------------------------------------------

070.4.4 Entries

No entry fee may be charged. All entries must be made by the FMNs concerned to the FMNRs in writing on an entry form on which all information regarding the rider, passenger and team must be indicated. Entries must be made not later than 1 month before the meeting. If this is impossible, the entries must be sent by fax or e-mail immediately (not later than two working days) after receiving the results of the previous round. Provisional entries made by the rider’s FMN by telefax or e-mail must be confirmed with the rider’s signature on the official entry form immediately upon his arrival at the place of the meeting. Team entries must be made by the FMNs on a collective form. FMNs failing to send in entry forms, in accordance with the above, will lose their allocated place in that FIM Championship meeting. A rider ora team who refuses nomination by their FMN for a FIM Championship,

Trophy, League or cup or, having accepted nomination refuses to take part, shall be deemed suspended internationally for a minimum period of one day before to one day after the meeting concerned. Furthermore, they shall be considered ineligible for the all FIM Championships for the remainder of the season.

The FIM and the CCP Bureau may also pronounce a fine between 10’000 and 100’000 Euros.

A rider or a team who starts in a FIM Championship and qualifies for the next round (i.e. Semi-Final, Final or Final series) must participate therein unless

prevented from doing so by injury or illness (certified in writing to that effect by a suitably qualified doctor) or other “force majeure”. A decision on the acceptability of other “force majeure” must be taken by the International Jury of the meeting from which the rider is absent or by the CCP Bureau, if the absence is known one week before the meeting. The FIM and the CCP Bureau can withdraw a rider’s/team licence and give a suspension to a rider or a team who refuse to participate in a FIM Championship to which they have been qualified or in which they have already been entered. Once a rider

or a team has been entered, no FMN, other body or person may withdraw that competitor/team from the competition without an authorisation from the FIM.

Violations of this provision shall be referred to the CDI. The CCP may refer the case to the CDI pursuant to Article 3.3.2 last paragraph

of the FIM Disciplinary and Arbitration Code.

--------------------------------------------

Notice how it's written so, that it doesn't actually force the FIM to take action if someone pulls out. So in reality Timo Lahti would be fined and banned while a Dane or a Pole would walk out like nothing happened.

• Like 1

The Danish riders are shipping their bikes tomorrow. The riders are flying out on 29th and leaving again on November 13th.

Kurt Hansen and I will leave on the 31th and return on the same flight as the riders.

Hope it will be worth it (Copenhagen-Frankfurt 1:35, Frankfurt-Buenos Aires 13:00, Buenos Aires-Bahia Blanca 1:15) !!

I heard that there were problems with the crates for the equipment......seems dimensions were given,then when they found a cheaper shipping company the dimensions of the crates had to be smaller.Hope everything goes well Peter.Have you been practising your Tango?????? :party:

Good interview with Liglad about a few things,but relevant to this topic are his thoughts on the cost of the Argentina trip

http://www.speedweek.de/news/28936/Die-U21-WM-ist-ein-teures-Pflaster.html

I heard that there were problems with the crates for the equipment......seems dimensions were given,then when they found a cheaper shipping company the dimensions of the crates had to be smaller.Hope everything goes well Peter.Have you been practising your Tango?????? :party:

Good interview with Liglad about a few things,but relevant to this topic are his thoughts on the cost of the Argentina trip

http://www.speedweek...s-Pflaster.html

couldn`t they have printed the article in English-everyone speaks English don`t they ? :lol:

Edited by racers and royals

Czech rider Michal Skurla got the wildcard..

Does that make him happy or furious and penniless lol?

Does that make him happy or furious and penniless lol?

He's pretty keen to go and it's a nice opportunity he said to SpeedwayA-Z (http://www.speedwaya...anku=2012101703).

Greatest credit to him and hope he does well.

Thanks for the indirect link to that website too, i've bookmaked it now :)

It`s been confirmed that Magic is the only Polish rider going to Argentina.

I hope the "missing in action" Poles are at the very least excluded from entering this event again. Probably too much to hope for an actual ban or fine -- because they're Polish.

A rider from one of the minor speedway nations would have suffered a heavier penalty, you might think.