British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Speedway World Cup 2012

16 programmed then 4 nominated.

Thanks. Sounds good. :approve:

I always thought 25 heats was stringing it out a bit far.

Thanks. Sounds good. :approve:

I always thought 25 heats was stringing it out a bit far.

Thats the good part-the bad part -no reserves a big pile up with injuries will hit the meetings hard-although teams can use tac sub/joker if 6 down to replace injured rider.

It would be interesting to have a facility where there is a reserve on standby who can take rides if a team is below a certain point. Unless this is a rule already?!

I think that the new format is very good.

Especially now all teams in each block of four heats have red, blue, white and yellow once only. Far better then the old format when you had either had the inside or outside gates, in the block of five heats.

But a reserve should be allowed. Just like in the old WTC with them being able to take rides any time they wish. Upto a maximum of six rides.

Also the joker should be scrapped, or give all teams a joker to use between heats 5-16.

• Like 1

Whats the rule this season for the joker or tactical rule 6 behind or 8 ???

Antonio Lindback is out of the team according to reports coming from Sweden this morning.

Team reckoned to be Andreas Jonsson, Freddie Lindgren, Thomas H Jonasson and Peter Ljung.

Google Translates says in it's leader on Eurosport.com (not UK version)

Lindbäck thrown out of World Cup team: "Massa rubbish has happened"

Antonio Lindbäck poked out of the Swedish team in the speedway.

Andreas Jonsson, Fredrik Lindgren, Tomas H Jonasson and Peter Ljung running VM instead.

"He has had problems," said Swedish coach Bo Wire Fire on petningen.

Bosse picked the right team imo. Davidsson have struggled all season except the latest meeting,

Antonio have been too much up and down.

After today's practice session Peter Protasiewicz replaces Janusz Kolodziej.

After today's practice session Peter Protasiewicz replaces Janusz Kolodziej.

I know one person who will be happy!

Just looking at the Russian team and suddenly, they look a pretty solid outfit. Compare them to where they were 10 years ago. Emil can and does beat anyone and everyone, while Greg Laguta is a top guy in the Swedish and Polish leagues (watch the Brits start demanding their club sign him because of a good SWC performance having never realise how good he actually is), his little brother isn't bad either, you can't be bad to actually qualify for the GP series! And Roman Povazhny can make the odd gate and always seems to have a good World Cup. Not quite winners yet but they're better than what we have to offer, sadly. We're pretty much 6th in the World now (Poland, Aus, Denmark, Sweden, Russia all ahead of us)

Just looking at the Russian team and suddenly, they look a pretty solid outfit. Compare them to where they were 10 years ago. Emil can and does beat anyone and everyone, while Greg Laguta is a top guy in the Swedish and Polish leagues (watch the Brits start demanding their club sign him because of a good SWC performance having never realise how good he actually is), his little brother isn't bad either, you can't be bad to actually qualify for the GP series! And Roman Povazhny can make the odd gate and always seems to have a good World Cup. Not quite winners yet but they're better than what we have to offer, sadly. We're pretty much 6th in the World now (Poland, Aus, Denmark, Sweden, Russia all ahead of us)

sadly i don't think the americans are far behind us now either so we could be 7th soon

sadly i don't think the americans are far behind us now either so we could be 7th soon

No way! Hancock may be better than anything we have but after that, well... Fisher on a good day vs King yes. Wells? Bwahahaha! And Hamill will do well to pick up a point a ride in the SWC proper, he didnt actually be anyone of note in the qualifier. After than what do they have? I can't see Hamill making this a regualr thing, Ingalls and then....? We're miles ahead of the Americans, we could put out a B-team of Barker, Bridger, Allen and Kennett that would beat the Americans.

I agree,but it isn't suddenly....i was at Vojens in 2009 when they really did surprise with pretty much the same team.But then they flopped the next year i think.But they do seem to get their riders fired up and one or two perform above what you would normally expect.That is what we always seem to lack.One or two riders that go out and beat riders they don't often beat plus the others to perform to their best.It is also like you say ridiculous to put GB on a par with the US.They have the world champ,but after that run of the mill riders who probably wouldn't make it into any other team apart from maybe Germany.Wait and see just what Hamill can do at this level now,but i guess if someone like Loram was fit he could do a decent job as a one.off....maybe.

Following last nights meeting it showed that Niel made the correct choice in selecting Tai over Ben Barker. Unfortunately I still cannot see us getting beyond Thursday.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1