British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Speedway World Cup 2012

And I believe it was Chris Louis year or two ago, who said how important for GB speedway it is to follow 'Polish way' and give young Brits places in Elite League teams. Seems that noone listened him and it wasn't even discussed during annual promoters meeting.

It seems that Mr Louis didn't listen to himself. How many young Brits have been given a chance at Ipswich in the Premier League?

That said they have to be good enough & the dearth of young British talent & the reasons for it is very sad and condemns us to be 'B' league & heading for the 'C' league so far as team and individual international competition is concerned. It is also difficult to see how this trend will be reversed.

On the bright side I have seen Robert Lambert ride in between races at Rye House. He looks tremendous. The knack though, is to turn potential into performance & it is interesting that he is racing on the continent rather than contest the junior competitions in the UK. Again, what does that tell you?

On the bright side I have seen Robert Lambert ride in between races at Rye House. He looks tremendous. The knack though, is to turn potential into performance & it is interesting that he is racing on the continent rather than contest the junior competitions in the UK. Again, what does that tell you?

That someone has their head screwed on

:)

Best of luck to Team USA in Bydgoscz !

Expecting Greg to have recovered from his fall in Denmark, and can't wait too see Billy Hamill back on TV again !

Ryan Fisher, Ricky Wells and Kenny Ingalls (if called upon) are each capable of much more than their UK averages expecially when representing the Stars and Stripes.

Should the USA 'pull this one off', which of Poland, Denmark or Russia do you expect to 'be relegated for next year' ?

Hi everyone,

Poland plucky losers at Wimbledon, but not here methinks. Emils the master here, so who knows?

Based on the first 4 heats this could be tight all round. If i have to pick now, i'll go for Russia, but everyone on here knows what my predictions are like! :lol:

Evening Alan, but is the more crucial question who will finish last? if so who?

Hands up, who thought Poland would be last at this stage and USA 2nd? I'd say we know it's going to change but I didn't expect it at this point.

Time for the Polish engines to be changed?! :o

Hamill's second ride on top of his first may well have answered which team will finish last, but an honourable try by him to compete.

• Like 1

Hands up, who thought Poland would be last at this stage and USA 2nd? I'd say we know it's going to change but I didn't expect it at this point.

Time for the Polish engines to be changed?! :o

Maybe they could borrow a silencer or two from Eddie Kennett.

All the best

Rob

Whilst i think the 4 rider format is good for making the meetings more competitive, it's insane/inane lol to not have a reserve available. At least you could compromise and have the reserve only allowed to ride if another rider has to retire from the meeting through injury as opposed from being used for tactical rides.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 3

Dirty move by Fisher - chuck him out!!

All the best

Rob

Agreed,how shocking it was of Fisher to make a good start and chase the dirt line.

• Like 2