British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Speedway World Cup 2012

Appoligize if mentioned already but why no RESERVE ?

If any team loses a rider ,that makes it impossible.

GB chances :

Tomorrow very slim.

Thursday no chance. :blink:

The situation with reserves was abused by teams in previous years when reserves could only replace injured riders, riders who were off form were mysteriously with drawing due to injury. But I do agree if a rider is genuinly injured, without a replacement his team is out of the compition.

Thought Nigel was gonna self combust there for a minute.... :party:

Don't build my hopes up.......... :D

I've been noticing the proliferation of comments regarding tonight's start tarts. Not sure if that is reflection on modern speedway (and a lack of excitement) or a reflection on the frustrated old saddos on this forum!!! :drink:

Steve

Well, if the startline girls are a reflection of the strength of the host speedway team, Monday should see a startline girl line up of:

• Hilda Baker
  • Irene Handle
  • Rita Webb &
  • Peggy Mount

Am I showing my age or what????

Go to a " decent" hotel here in the UK and look around the foyers....There are plenty of them plying their trade, they are ten a zloty.. :D

Yes, I HAVE been to Coventry...

I was merely showing my appreciation for a bunch of youngsters using what they've got to their best advantage - and putting on a great display.....the Russian speedway team and the Polish start girls.

I'm sure they're nice, quiet girls - no not the Russians. I've seen THEIR hotels.

All in all a very professional display - and if I wanted a cheap floozy I'll know where to ask ;-)

Edited by Angus Kix Lives

Heat 15 Poole V Kings Lynn a few weeks ago. Mind you tonights heat 20 ran it close!

NO-WAY ..........

Poole's Ht 15 wasn't as good as Lynn's Ht 15, but both of them fell short to that Ht 20 last night. It had everything, with so much at stake. A truely brilliant race.....

I thought the format worked well, and contributed to the exciting climax. It was such a pity that someone had to come last ......

Cheers BK, I hadn't seen it. Agree with everything, classic racing. Thats the stuff that made us all Speedway fans in the first place.

• Like 1

Not a bad meeting, spoilt by the stupid joker which meant the best team didn't win.

• Like 1

Not a bad meeting, spoilt by the stupid joker which meant the best team didn't win.

That is a truly ridiculous statement as how many times has a match been won or a team qualified by using the joker in SWC.

It's the rules and to say the best team didn't win is just plain silly.

Yes they had a bit of luck that the joker fell just right for them. But you need a bit of luck to in these types of meetings.

I am sure Poland have had a joker in the last three years and benefited from a bit of luck somewhere along the line.

I think it's a daft idea myself but it's there to create a bit of excitement and a team wins or loses under the rules they have to play by.

The Russians could have still won without the joker but had a bit of bad luck in heat #19 with Laguta.

If he had won they would have had 1 point more than Denmark and the scores would have been 34 to Russia, 33 to Poland and 32 to Denmark at the end. So they had some good fortune and some bad.

The Russians deserved their victory it's as simple as that.

• Like 1

Well, if the startline girls are a reflection of the strength of the host speedway team, Monday should see a startline girl line up of:

• Hilda Baker
  • Irene Handle
  • Rita Webb &
  • Peggy Mount

Am I showing my age or what????

Sad thing is, I remember them all too... Anyway, I think I'd put Dandy Nichols in instead of Irene Handl...

Steve

That is a truly ridiculous statement as how many times has a match been won or a team qualified by using the joker in SWC.

Yes they had a bit of luck that the joker fell just right for them. But you need a bit of luck to in these types of meetings.

I am sure Poland have had a joker in the last three years and benefited from a bit of luck somewhere along the line.

I think it's a daft idea myself but it's there to create a bit of excitement and a team wins or loses under the rules they have to play by.

The Russians could have still won without the joker but had a bit of bad luck in heat #19 with Laguta.

If he had won they would have had 1 point more than Denmark and the scores would have been 34 to Russia, 33 to Poland and 32 to Denmark at the end. So they had some good fortune and some bad.

AGREE and it wasn't exactly an easy race from which Sayfutdinov took six points

Sad thing is, I remember them all too... Anyway, I think I'd put Dandy Nichols in instead of Irene Handl...

Steve

BRING on the Calendar girls! On second thoughts ...

I'm pleased the Russians went through - if only to prove that the Poles aren't invincible on their own tracks!!

It wasn't until a 2nd viewing that told me how good heat 20 was - amazing race! I think the final 4 races tonight should be just as good, providing the weather holds up.

There's two different things here. The Russians had 63 points available to them (as did the Americans) but the Poles and Danes only had 60. Taking off their three extra points, two teams scored more than the Russians so how can the Russians have been the 'best team'?

But yes, they deserved their win in as much as it was within the rules. Personally, I'd like to see a team 8 points down before being allowed to play a Joker.

I agree re Heat 20. What an excellent advert for the sport.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow