British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Speedway World Cup 2012

Looks like Darcy won't be fit..That's a damn shame, that Aussie team looked awesome!! :(

Looks like Darcy won't be fit..That's a damn shame, that Aussie team looked awesome!! :(

Tips the titles he way of the Poles now.

Tips the titles he way of the Poles now.

Danes are stronger than the Poles.

Nicki P > Gollob

Iversen > Walasek

MJJ > Janowski - MJJ's home track in Sweden

Madsen < Protasweich.

So many people under-estimating the danes, With Pedersen and Iversen; They are going to dominate.

After last night, TeamGB may struggle to finish 2nd on Monday night. Thursday will be tough watching

After last night, TeamGB may struggle to finish 2nd on Monday night. Thursday will be tough watching

It depends who 'turns up'. They are capable of winning there.

No Scott last night is ominous but maybe the rest will do him good.

I will be shouting our lads on via the TV screen and hope they do it.

If not then they will go out on Thursday as that meeting will be far to tough for our pretty weak side.

Best chance for us is Monday.

No way! Hancock may be better than anything we have but after that, well... Fisher on a good day vs King yes. Wells? Bwahahaha! And Hamill will do well to pick up a point a ride in the SWC proper, he didnt actually be anyone of note in the qualifier. After than what do they have? I can't see Hamill making this a regualr thing, Ingalls and then....? We're miles ahead of the Americans, we could put out a B-team of Barker, Bridger, Allen and Kennett that would beat the Americans.

at the moment we may be but in the next few years it could be different, America are doing something about there future right now, Wells and Fisher will gain tons of experience this next week as will Ingalls who is travelling with them. Back in the US they have academys and training schools being set up, they also have the team that tours the UK once a year maybe more. Ok it's against Premier League opposition but at least they are doing something.

you mention a GB B team of Barker, Bridger, Allen and Kennett. that's not exactly an exciting team or i team i'd look forward to watching in my opinion.

Bridger is good at shouting his mouth off and telling everyone how good he is yet falls flat on his face time and time again and it's never his fault according to him. he's also only good around 1 track in the whole of the country

Allen, he's reached his level i think which is similar to that of Fisher for the US, Wells if he keeps progressing can be better.

Kennett has shown this year he's not all that when he has to have a bike which is legal.

And Barker, he had a good showing in last years World Cup Race Off but hasn't progressed any further since then, if anything i'd say he's taken a step back.

Edited by Joe1986

at the moment we may be but in the next few years it could be different, America are doing something about there future right now, Wells and Fisher will gain tons of experience this next week as will Ingalls who is travelling with them. Back in the US they have academys and training schools being set up, they also have the team that tours the UK once a year maybe more. Ok it's against Premier League opposition but at least they are doing something.

you mention a GB B team of Barker, Bridger, Allen and Kennett. that's not exactly an exciting team or i team i'd look forward to watching in my opinion.

Bridger is good at shouting his mouth off and telling everyone how good he is yet falls flat on his face time and time again and it's never his fault according to him. he's also only good around 1 track in the whole of the country

Allen, he's reached his level i think which is similar to that of Fisher for the US, Wells if he keeps progressing can be better.

Kennett has shown this year he's not all that when he has to have a bike which is legal.

And Barker, he had a good showing in last years World Cup Race Off but hasn't progressed any further since then, if anything i'd say he's taken a step back.

Wells + Fisher?????

And i think the Americans usually ride against NL oppo rather than PL.Remains to be seen what the future holds for them.Certainly ain't scaring anyone at the moment.Once Greg retires they have no-one.Even England shouldn't be too worried just yet :rofl: :rofl:

GB future is not brighter than American. Auty, Worrall? Gimme a break. Only slim hope is Tai.

And solution is simple. In Poland 2 Polish juniors in a team. In Sweden - one. Why there is no such rule in Elite League? Give 10 British boys chance every year and in 5-10 years time you will see some talents like we do in Poland. Janowski, Dudek, Zmarzlik, Pawlicki brothers. All close or even better than Tai now. But British promoters prefer to moan about CMA's, tactical rules etc. Very Sad.

• Like 2

GB future is not brighter than American. Auty, Worrall? Gimme a break. Only slim hope is Tai.

And who have he Americans got? Wells and Ingalls. Auty and Worrall trump them already and Ingalls is 25 so not exactly going places.

I've already said we're behind the Poles, Swedes, Danes, Aussies and even the Russians potentially but there is absolutly no way we have to fear the Americans just yet.

So tell us who is the future of US speedway then?And you don't seem to be up to date.We already have a 14 year old who has beaten former Polish talents like Zabik and Brzozowski and was giving A.Gomolski a race before a fall stopped the race.....

Here you can see the experienced Zabik trying to force the young 14 year old out in the first curve but can't do anything to stop him :P

and here is the race with Gomolski + you can see the lad ison the pace and trying to go past Adrian.....

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Fair enough. Never heard about Robert Lambert. If he is only 14 then I must admit he seems skilled. You didn't get my point. I didn't try to say that US future is brighter. It was kind of arony. How can you compare USA (with few odd tracks) to GB where you have how many? 25-30 tracks? With such a high numer of tracks/clubs you should be at least close to Poland and Scandinavia. But they produce some talents every year mainly thank's to one simple rule. Fixed numer of local U21 riders in every team. I would be more than happy to watch young Brits every Monday in Elite League and see how they progress as I'm a big fan of British speedway. And I believe it was Chris Louis year or two ago, who said how important for GB speedway it is to follow 'Polish way' and give young Brits places in Elite League teams. Seems that noone listened him and it wasn't even discussed during annual promoters meeting.

So tell us who is the future of US speedway then?And you don't seem to be up to date.We already have a 14 year old who has beaten former Polish talents like Zabik and Brzozowski and was giving A.Gomolski a race before a fall stopped the race.....

Here you can see the experienced Zabik trying to force the young 14 year old out in the first curve but can't do anything to stop him :P

Wow thanks for that clip very impressive the riding and the improvement in the quality of You Tube over just a few years.

Only thing missing from the clip was a fitting soundtrack of Tom Petty's 'I Won't Back Down'.

Fair enough. Never heard about Robert Lambert. If he is only 14 then I must admit he seems skilled. You didn't get my point. I didn't try to say that US future is brighter. It was kind of arony. How can you compare USA (with few odd tracks) to GB where you have how many? 25-30 tracks? With such a high numer of tracks/clubs you should be at least close to Poland and Scandinavia. But they produce some talents every year mainly thank's to one simple rule. Fixed numer of local U21 riders in every team. I would be more than happy to watch young Brits every Monday in Elite League and see how they progress as I'm a big fan of British speedway. And I believe it was Chris Louis year or two ago, who said how important for GB speedway it is to follow 'Polish way' and give young Brits places in Elite League teams. Seems that noone listened him and it wasn't even discussed during annual promoters meeting.

We had that many many years ago until one greedy overated Dane by the name of Jens Rassmussen decide to challenge the rule that only brits & aussies were allowed to ride in the 2nd tier of British Speedway. He took the rule to the european employment rights commision and the rest is history. We have been in slow decline ever since, plus there is easy money and more meeting in league 2 nowadays. We have had a number of good riders over the years who have not moved up due to the money they were making and the lifestyle it brought them.

If I ran the league I would insist on 3 brits per team with no exceptions but no doubt some non brit would challenge the rule and win again. As you see I have no time for Rassmussen who having been team rode round by Hans Nielsen for a number of years realised he was not good enough on his own and wanted the easier opponent of league 2. He as much as anyone damaged British speedway :mad:

We had that many many years ago until one greedy overated Dane by the name of Jens Rassmussen decide to challenge the rule that only brits & aussies were allowed to ride in the 2nd tier of British Speedway. He took the rule to the european employment rights commision and the rest is history. We have been in slow decline ever since, plus there is easy money and more meeting in league 2 nowadays. We have had a number of good riders over the years who have not moved up due to the money they were making and the lifestyle it brought them.

If I ran the league I would insist on 3 brits per team with no exceptions but no doubt some non brit would challenge the rule and win again. As you see I have no time for Rassmussen who having been team rode round by Hans Nielsen for a number of years realised he was not good enough on his own and wanted the easier opponent of league 2. He as much as anyone damaged British speedway :mad:

Just because there is a ruling that foreign riders can ride in the leagues does not mean we have to employ them.

I agree with you that we should set a number of home riders. in both PL and EL but we should make it worthwhile by allowing very liberal doubling up rules and maybe even a squad system for Brit riders to allow an EL Brit to supplement his income riding PL and same for NL riders.

These lads can't compete unless they have a way to make a bit of money by getting plenty of meetings.

We should have rules that discriminate in favour of our young riders the same as Poland and Sweden do.

It annoys me to see some foreign rider get 3 rides in the EL and score none when a young Brit could do that easily enough but hopefully would learn from the experience and improve.