British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Glasgow V Plymouth 8.7.12

Couldn't see a thread started, so here goes.....

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

• Like 1

Couldn't see a thread started, so here goes.....

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

might be hard pressed sue seeing that murray is playing in wimbeldon final but am sure that there will be a few die hards out there that will do the updates for you :party::t:

might be hard pressed sue seeing that murray is playing in wimbeldon final but am sure that there will be a few die hards out there that will do the updates for you :party::t:

I think the tennis starts at 2 which means I fully expect it to be over by the time tapes go up at Ashfield :lol:

Have sent you a text Mikey....someone has, in the last 5 minutes, come to our rescue!

Good meeting today with some good close racing with the stand outs being Mason & Fisher young Mason really is starting to look the real deal and has got plenty bottle just keeps the throttle wide open and goes for it for us today

Screeny - Usual reliable self blew his engine at the tapes in Ht 15

Millsy - Pretty poor seemed down on power

Josh - Steady top scored for us

Sitera - Vast improvement from last week paid 9 from 4

Grievsey - OK but as Mills didn't seem to have the speed

O Malley - Poor from Jayden but it really is a learning curve think next season we will see big strides from him

Mason - Superb from the big man

For Plymouth Barker & Gathercole just about got pass marks whilst Fisher was awesome and very fast Kziesak was ok but after that they had nothing in the way off support

Strange choise of guest when i know Rob Branford was available and has scored well there in the past.

Junior

Good meeting today with some good close racing with the stand outs being Mason & Fisher young Mason really is starting to look the real deal and has got plenty bottle just keeps the throttle wide open and goes for it for us today

Screeny - Usual reliable self blew his engine at the tapes in Ht 15

Millsy - Pretty poor seemed down on power

Josh - Steady top scored for us

Sitera - Vast improvement from last week paid 9 from 4

Grievsey - OK but as Mills didn't seem to have the speed

O Malley - Poor from Jayden but it really is a learning curve think next season we will see big strides from him

Mason - Superb from the big man

For Plymouth Barker & Gathercole just about got pass marks whilst Fisher was awesome and very fast Kziesak was ok but after that they had nothing in the way off support

In the local Plymouth paper today Mike Bowden blames not having Nicki Glanz there for the reason Plymouth didn't get at least a point, nothing to do with two other riders in the team doing nothing, they are the real reason Plymouth got nothing from the meeting, Mike Bowden knew for a week that Nicki would not be there, so he had a week to get a decent replacement, and he did not, so if there is one person to blame, then he is the one.

If you are going to bring in a NL rider, at least make sure he is the best rider in that team, Luke is a good NL rider, but not Buxton's number one, Rob Branford is Buxton's number one and should have been the one to go for.

Edited by Devildodger

In the local Plymouth paper today Mike Bowden blames not having Nicki Glanz there for the reason Plymouth didn't get at least a point, nothing to do with two other riders in the team doing nothing, they are the real reason Plymouth got nothing from the meeting, Mike Bowden knew for a week that Nicki would not be there, so he had a week to get a decent replacement, and he did not, so if there is one person to blame, then he is the one.

Thats painting a pretty picture for those who weren't there. Despite the scoreline Plymouth were never in the hunt and were gifted points when Campton came off in ht12 when on a 5-1 with Grajczonek. Glanz on his last visit scored 4+1, including two last places. Hardly match winning and he would have been unlikely to beat Campton on current form.

they had hoped to use Micky dyer but think the ref said they could not use him and he had already turned up but manged to get Luke in at the last minute

Thats painting a pretty picture for those who weren't there. Despite the scoreline Plymouth were never in the hunt and were gifted points when Campton came off in ht12 when on a 5-1 with Grajczonek. Glanz on his last visit scored 4+1, including two last places. Hardly match winning and he would have been unlikely to beat Campton on current form.

Agree Bowden is talking Rubbish, but then that's what he alway's does, anybody would think Glanz is a match winner, if he is i haven't seen it yet, going into heat 15, Plymouth only gained one heat advantage up till then in heat 7, they did not deserve anything from the meeting, like you say they were never in it, instead of pointing the finger at the reason for losing the meeting because Nicki Glanz not being there, he should look at Holder 010= 1+1, and Kurtz 0110 = 2+1 being the real reason, or was he happy with that.

Edited by Devildodger

they had hoped to use Micky dyer but think the ref said they could not use him and he had already turned up but manged to get Luke in at the last minute

I knew on the Thursday night it was Luke Priest and it was also confirmed as Luke Priest in the Devils Press Release on Friday 6th July on their website. Dyer was lined up for the Berwick meeting

It was stated that Priest would ride the day before in the local rag so I'm guessing Mr Bowden knew in advance. I'm also told the rider the team manager wanted wasn't considered by Mr Bowden, infact a list of riders the team manager wanted wasn't considered and Priest was the choice of the promoter.

That may well be the case but had Glanz been there, I'd have backed him for perhaps two points meaning the overall swing of things (had it all panned out the same) would have given Plymouth an away point.

Agree Bowden is talking Rubbish, but then that's what he alway's does, anybody would think Glanz is a match winner, if he is i haven't seen it yet, going into heat 15, Plymouth only gained one heat advantage up till then in heat 7, they did not deserve anything from the meeting, like you say they were never in it, instead of pointing the finger at the reason for losing the meeting because Nicki Glanz not being there, he should look at Holder 010= 1+1, and Kurtz 0110 = 2+1 being the real reason, or was he happy with that.

Pretty harsh on Glanz is that. I'm not saying he's a match winner but him riding could well have given us a point given the way the match panned out.

In fairness whilst Plymouth may have only recorded heat advantages in two races in the meeting, they did provide seven race winners which away from home is decent. Also Glasgow themselves only got five heat advantages and were only eight up going into heat 13 so to say we were never in it (certainly as far as the scorecard read is slightly over the top).

One thing I find interesting here is that whilst Todd and Jimmy have struggled for form of late and had a poor meeting on Sunday no-one has mentioned (rightly or wrongly) the fact that Barker was passed by both Tigers in heat 13 having gated with the Fish. If he'd got 2nd we'd have got a point from this match. Please don't think I'm criticising Ben here as he has worked miracles at Plymouth and continues to be brilliant, but one could argue that race cost us as much as Todd and Jimmy under-performing.

As I've said before if there are genuinely better options out there I'd be happy to see changes but other than maybe Lambert (who could only replace Kurtz on current averages) I don't see much out there.