British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Kings Lynn World Cup 9 July

Just rehearsing the ad libs for speedway World cup at the Norfolk Arena tonight. :lol:

Orange jacket at the ready so come on peeps, let's back team GB and do this for Rico!!!

Looking forward to seeing a "white-out" with those #Rico tee shirts

Too much negativity about the Brits so let's turn that around, get the crowd behind our boys and help them through to the final!

See you there :-)

Is Darcy riding tonight?

With no reserves it seems an awful risk to take. If he receives a knock on it or in the cut and thrust of an actual race it doesn't hold out it's going to be a struggle. Then again unless GB are riding out of their skin tonight i guess Australia can give a man advantage to the other three teams.

Practice is scheduled for 12 noon-2pm should know more after that.

Aha! i knew it started at 12 but was wondering how long it goes on for.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Charlie Webster has tweeted that it looks like he won't be fit.

It's a shame, but it's better for Team GB .. ;)

I thought we were meant to be expecting a lot of rain yesterday, but I was in Lynn yesterday and there weren't much rain at all, in fact I don't think there was any! Today's pretty much the same at the moment. It's been dry ever since I got up anyway, but I don't know what the weather's like in Lynn at present as I'm not over there. I would imagine this meeting will be staged without too much bother. As has already been said, the NA have lots of good equipment on hand to scrap the top surface off the track and then relay some dry shale on it afterwards. There's not many tracks in the country that can do that well I'm sure.

Weather in Lynn is dry and lots of cloud making it slightly muggy and there's a slight breeze.

Hope everyone enjoys it. Altho I would love GB to do it for Rico, I can't see it especially with two far from match fit riders in the team.

Edited by Star Lady

Alas cannot get to the NA tonight but here's to a great and injury free meeting and a 'white out' for Rico! Understand Tshirts, wrist bands, book of condolence and more available at stall manned by Freya Louis plus 'Gentleman' George and Linda Barclay so do look out for that.

If Darcy Ward doesn't ride would it likely have any effect on the attendance or not remotely so?

In all honesty, the Aussies are in a differrent league to the rest, and should they fail to win here, it would be one of the biggest upset in WSC history.

We need to concentrate on scoring points in each heat to secure 2nd place. That to me would be an achievement in itself. We know we are not the strongest nation anymore, but the Bulldog spirit should show lots of fight. Thats all we can expect.

If this meeting is half as good as the one on Saturday, I shall be more then happy.

If Darcy Ward doesn't ride would it likely have any effect on the attendance or not remotely so?

Non. What-so-ever.... There's enough talent on show without having to worry about that.........

A real shame Darcy isn't fit. Would haveprobably have put a few hundred more on the gate and whether he rode or not would have made no difference to the end result.

It's team GB's to lose now.

• Like 1

Well ill stick my neck on the line and say Team GB will win the meeting,why because we are a match for anyone on our day and the way the weather isi think we will revel in conditions with Harris leading the way.