British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Damon

Rumours?

I heard tonight that Mildenhall had signed some polish rider? i said that they must have dual nationality at least? also that Blackbird was Leicester bound? these are only rumours but has anyone else heard anything?

Krzysztof Louiski?

Krzysztof Louiski?

Markov Loramski?

i think duel nationality only applies to aussies and nz in the national league

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Think that is patriality rights. As far as I know anyone with a British passport can ride so guess that would apply to anyone who is entitled to dual nationality.

Think that is patriality rights. As far as I know anyone with a British passport can ride so guess that would apply to anyone who is entitled to dual nationality.

It will be interesting in speedway in fifteen years time then, given the amount of Eastern European kids being born in Britain who are entitled to dual nationality.

I for one would like very much to see Cameron Heeps' British passport.

Edited by oldsparky

Way of the world now.Don't Nicki Glanz + the other Nielsen,not Simon have dual nationality?Think there are a few kids with at least one British parent riding in foreign junior leagues.Seem to recall hearing about the Headley boys (Kian + Oliver?) in Denmark and there is a youngster Sean Greenfield in Sweden.Tai Woffinden of course.In Germany there are a fair few who have dual citizenship or maybe have changed.Usually Polish or Russian riders.Dmitri Tschatschin,Marcin Sekula are a couple that spring to mind.But i did think that Henning Loof wanted to ride in the NL and was refused,and thought he had a British pass....maybe i got that wrong somewhere

It will be interesting in speedway in fifteen years time then, given the amount of Eastern European kids being born in Britain who are entitled to dual nationality.

I for one would like very much to see Cameron Heeps' British passport.

At the end of the day if you have a British Passport you are British,regardless of where you were born, or parentage. I'm a Brit through and through but my Brother has dual Dutch/British Nationality, not a rider btw, because he was born in Holland and has a british father the only difference being that holding a british passport, once upon a time openeded more international doors than a dutch one when it was the old black passport. These days you hold a European passport so no difference. It's only a matter of time before the NL will have to recognise a European nationality anyway.

Henning Loof wanted to ride in the NL and was refused,and thought he had a British pass....maybe i got that wrong somewhere

Henning is married to a British girl and needs the grand required to apply for british citizenship to hold a british passport

Edited by TMW

Way of the world now.Don't Nicki Glanz + the other Nielsen,not Simon have dual nationality?Think there are a few kids with at least one British parent riding in foreign junior leagues.Seem to recall hearing about the Headley boys (Kian + Oliver?) in Denmark and there is a youngster Sean Greenfield in Sweden.Tai Woffinden of course.In Germany there are a fair few who have dual citizenship or maybe have changed.Usually Polish or Russian riders.Dmitri Tschatschin,Marcin Sekula are a couple that spring to mind.But i did think that Henning Loof wanted to ride in the NL and was refused,and thought he had a British pass....maybe i got that wrong somewhere

Henning does want to ride in the NL but he hasnt got a British Passport yet. He is resident here but as a EU citizen has all the rights to live and work here anyway. Last I heard he was still looking into his options but they are quite costly.

Hay if its gets riders in the league then im all for it. :)

At the end of the day if you have a British Passport you are British,regardless of where you were born, or parentage. I'm a Brit through and through but my Brother has dual Dutch/British Nationality, not a rider btw, because he was born in Holland and has a british father the only difference being that holding a british passport, once upon a time openeded more international doors than a dutch one when it was the old black passport. These days you hold a European passport so no difference. It's only a matter of time before the NL will have to recognise a European nationality anyway.

Henning is married to a British girl and needs the grand required to apply for british citizenship to hold a british passport

I am not sure you are completely correct, a great many Hong Kong residents held British passports but were not granted residency rights in Britain when it reverted to Chinese rule.

I am not sure you are completely correct, a great many Hong Kong residents held British passports but were not granted residency rights in Britain when it reverted to Chinese rule.

You are right of course but those passports were issued by the Consulate general of HK they weren't full british passports and it said so on the front

well part of what I heard was correct, the other part not so correct!

Well Lewis has said he will miss one meeting so i some how think he wont be leaveing Mildenhall so this is just a rumour .

• Like 1