British Speedway Forum

Draw has been made

Red Sweden

Blue Russia

White Australia

Yellow Denmark

Confirmed line-ups and riding positions should be announced about 4.30 pm(uk time) this afternoon.

I too will be cheering on the Danes! I like Russia too so would like to see them do well :D

Should be a good meeting I'm looking forward to it! :D

Will it be like Monday when all the teams get a chance to use the joker.

Cant see the Danes being 6 down. If the Aussies have the same 4 as Monday, then i cant see them winning it. But because the Swedes were seeded straight through, we'll have to wait and see what they'll do. Should be a cracker though.

hope danes win. anybody but australia would be good

Absolutely!

• Like 2

Out of interest, and because I have read a few times that “the top riders no longer need the EL and don’t come over here” How many riders is it looking like will be in the final that haven’t raced here?

I have only made it about two throughout the whole thing (Lagutas) might be wrong though.

Out of interest, and because I have read a few times that “the top riders no longer need the EL and don’t come over here” How many riders is it looking like will be in the final that haven’t raced here?

I have only made it about two throughout the whole thing (Lagutas) might be wrong though.

Maybe numbers wise,but can you say Mikkel B or Emil have 'needed' the EL or gained much experience from their short time? Mikkel B didn't even have his own bikes as far as he told me.Just came over and jumnped on what was provided.In all seriousness he is where he is right now because of what he has learnt outside the EL and the same can be said for Emil.And i am not going through the list to find others.......the times have changed and riders really don't need the EL to get to the top

Danes look favourites after that display yesterday but I will be supporting Emil and co. A rostrum place will be a a good result but I hope they win :)

• Like 1

Maybe numbers wise,but can you say Mikkel B or Emil have 'needed' the EL or gained much experience from their short time? Mikkel B didn't even have his own bikes as far as he told me.Just came over and jumnped on what was provided.In all seriousness he is where he is right now because of what he has learnt outside the EL and the same can be said for Emil.And i am not going through the list to find others.......the times have changed and riders really don't need the EL to get to the top

That’s very much the minority though you must admit?

The majority of riders in the WC have learned, or mastered their craft while racing in the UK/EL, they have become better riders for racing in Britain.

So while, some may not “need it” it has been of a benefit to others who have very much used it to their advantage, only time will tell if guys like Vaculick, Smarzik etc really get to where they are going without the UK, or maybe, like other highly rated, young Eastern European riders they will fade away in their mid 20s.

The majority of riders that master the sport, race in the UK for a extended period of time.

• Like 1

That’s very much the minority though you must admit?

The majority of riders in the WC have learned, or mastered their craft while racing in the UK/EL, they have become better riders for racing in Britain.

So while, some may not “need it” it has been of a benefit to others who have very much used it to their advantage, only time will tell if guys like Vaculick, Smarzik etc really get to where they are going without the UK, or maybe, like other highly rated, young Eastern European riders they will fade away in their mid 20s.

The majority of riders that master the sport, race in the UK for a extended period of time.

Whilst i agree we should wait and see on the likes of Zmarzlik & co,i think times have now changed and we are looking at a generation that grew up maybe using the EL to hone their skills.Times have changed and we are seeing more and more riders who take another path to the top.Whilst they may at the moent be in the majority things may change in the next few years.On the other hand some of the other countries might be hitting the wall and won't be able to fund these super teams they have been over the past decade and it will all level out.I have been constantly asking about the relative poor attendances in Sweden for a good number of years and was generally told things were ok.But over the past few years we have seen one club then another hit trouble.Poland is slowly heading towards a crisis as well i think.It works fine as long as they can always find a new sponsor to pump money in.Once they dry up.....big trouble

The Russians are coming!!!!

Hopefully it'll be

1st Russia

2nd Denmark

3rd Sweden

4th Australia

More likely to be Denmark, Oz, Russia, Sweden tho

• Like 1