British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Killer Cat from Mars

Buxton Hitmen Vs Rye House Raiders Sunday July 15th

So who will prevail between the Hitmen and the Raiders? Buxton have been strengthened by the return of Charles Wright, and should now be more than a match for the Raiders. Hope the weather doesn't interfere in what should be a feast of NL action.

Prediction: Hitmen 51 Raiders 41.

Raiders are without Jason Garrity at No 1 It would be nice to know if we will be running with a guest or using R/R ....

Raiders are without Jason Garrity at No 1 It would be nice to know if we will be running with a guest or using R/R ....

I know Lee Geary is riding at reserve.

Any of the team line ups guys hope the Hitmen get a win.

Dry this morning so its all systems go for the meeting. Charles Wright makes his debut for Buxton and the Hitmen are aiming to get back to winning ways.

Took my son along to this one for his first taste of speedway. Chose Buxton because, although registered blind, he does have some residual sight and off the top of my head I can't think of anywhere else where you can get closer to the action.

Good performance by Buxton; Wright will clearly make a big difference and Branford looked happier at five although it's hard to gauge the merits of the home showing accurately given that Rye were running rider-replacement at No.1 (don't know the full ins and outs of that decision, but as an instant impression that disappointed me and could hardly have helped the gate).

As a former Cumbrian resident I also wanted to give Ryan Blacklock a cheer but must have jinxed him as he withdrew injured in laying down his machine to avoid a fallen rider. Best wishes to him; it doesn't hurt any less when it's someone else's accident.

Congratulations to Buxton and hopefully better times ahead for them.

Took my son along to this one for his first taste of speedway. Chose Buxton because, although registered blind, he does have some residual sight and off the top of my head I can't think of anywhere else where you can get closer to the action.

Good performance by Buxton; Wright will clearly make a big difference and Branford looked happier at five although it's hard to gauge the merits of the home showing accurately given that Rye were running rider-replacement at No.1 (don't know the full ins and outs of that decision, but as an instant impression that disappointed me and could hardly have helped the gate).

As a former Cumbrian resident I also wanted to give Ryan Blacklock a cheer but must have jinxed him as he withdrew injured in laying down his machine to avoid a fallen rider. Best wishes to him; it doesn't hurt any less when it's someone else's accident.

Congratulations to Buxton and hopefully better times ahead for them.

I saw someone with a young blind lad; hope you both enjoyed it.

Strangely, there wasn't much passing and Rye House never even got close, yet I was very glad I went. The meeting took two hours but it seemed to pass very quickly.

Rye House, an unlucky Morley and Chessell apart., were poor and it was sad to see Sarjeant, Franklin & Hazelden struggling, because I had hopes for all three.

I saw someone with a young blind lad; hope you both enjoyed it.

Strangely, there wasn't much passing and Rye House never even got close, yet I was very glad I went. The meeting took two hours but it seemed to pass very quickly.

Rye House, an unlucky Morley and Chessell apart., were poor and it was sad to see Sarjeant, Franklin & Hazelden struggling, because I had hopes for all three.

Well, that would have been us -- sure I would have noticed another dad and lad pairing, one of them carrying a white cane!

We did enjoy it; I've been to Buxton before and there are so many different unusual aspects about going there, such as the location, size and shape of track, the fact that you can get so close to the action and so on (can't think of any other circuits where 'turn left after the third cattle grid' features in the instructions).

Couldn't agree more with your Rye House assessment; I had this one down as about a 6-10pt home win. But RR for your number one can hardly instill optimism among the trooops.

With the exception of Ben Morley and Luke Chessell,,,.. a some what poor performance from the Raiders...A lot of falls suggest the track may have been difficult to ride for the visitors,,but theres no doubting the addition of Charles Wright has strengthened the Hitmen considerably ..Well done to them....

Well done Buxton!

Hopefully Ryan Blacklock's injury isn't serious and he will be back very soon.

Even had Mr. Garrity been on the right side of the fence instead of spectating, it wouldn't have been enough to defeat Buxton.

It was sad to see James Sarjeant having problems, one hopes he will resolve the machinery issues soon, he is a far, far better rider than yesterdays score suggests.

With the exception of Ben Morley and Luke Chessell,,,.. a some what poor performance from the Raiders...A lot of falls suggest the track may have been difficult to ride for the visitors,,but theres no doubting the addition of Charles Wright has strengthened the Hitmen considerably ..Well done to them....

Not particulary difficult at all. Young Brad Tokley had five races, completed 20 laps and never looked like falling at all. He wasn't too far off the pace considering it was his first league meeting.

Definitely think Tokley has something about him, given that was his first time out. Plenty of pace in the bends, just lacked a little entry speed. Not easy to gauge that on a small track. Will be interested to see how he comes on.

Edited by Fourentee