British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Final At Wolverhampton, Mon 30th July 2012

So you can see the future and guarentee he will improve? I didnt argue that he may well be the best "young Brit" (btw what is young in your mind?) I am arguing that he is not in a league of his own when it comes to others.

My point also still stands that you cant compare what he done at 18 with someone who didnt start racing speedway until he was 21/22.

so you can guarentee that cook will be an elite league heat leader then? He looks as if has found his level and EL reserve shame reallyhe had so much potential but hes found his level now. Tai is far and above the others at the moment

• Like 1

Unlike Jonesy the Wolf I havent claimed to guarentee anything about Craig Cook. So maybe once you start reading posts can you then start replying sensibly to them.

A proper speedway meeting at a proper speedway stadium with a tremendous crowd. Perhaps someone should send a link of this race to all at BSPA towers, just to remind them what a mess they have made of our sport.

In saying that i think you would never see a British Final like that in this era now. Was a massive crowd and they didn't even show the grandstand side of the stadium. Very happy memories of Wiggy though, Be strange with Lee not being there tonight :cry:

Edited by Coventry_Bee

If it wasn't for the format currently used I would go for Wuffy without doubt, but this grand final nonsense makes a lottery out of the meeting. Didn't Nicholls score about 7 last year and win it?

The winner should be the most consistent rider over 5 rides, not the best rider in one ride.

This format is all right in the GP series where there are many meetings, but in a one-off, and important meeting like the British Final, it makes a mockery of it.

Bring back the old system!

No Nocholls scored 13, but Wuffy got a max. in his 5 rides.

Edited by BritPete

I would like a northerner Josh Auty, Craig Cook or Stuart Robson either win outright or be second behind Bomber so that he can go to Cardiff....absolutely sick of seeing same old faces, getting same old result, Scott or Tai have never amazed at Cardiff (unfortunately!!) ...hope the younger lads can step up their form and come out on top of this.Should be a good meeting either way.

Edited by emerald tyke

2 Comets in the line-up, so we are 1 meeting away from watching the 2nd Workington rider to ride in a GP!

Come on lads!

also 2 ex comets too that were very good when at workington and still are fans favourites

I would like a northerner Josh Auty, Craig Cook or Scott Robson either win outright or be second behind Bomber so that he can go to Cardiff....absolutely sick of seeing same old faces, getting same old result, Scott or Tai have never amazed at Cardiff (unfortunately!!) ...hope the younger lads can step up their form and come out on top of this.Should be a good meeting either way.

Tai has only had 1 complete Gp and 1 reserve ride at Cardiff where he beat Crump to 2nd (i think). If Tai makes it to Cardiff i would bet on him making the Semi's.

In saying that i think you would never see a British Final like that in this era now. Was a massive crowd and they didn't even show the grandstand side of the stadium. Very happy memories of Wiggy though, Be strange with Lee not being there tonight :cry:

You are right, finals like that are a thing of the past . Watching that race again, after all this time did remind me of how much better the old shape circuit at brandon was, when compared to the current one. :D

Agree with you on that, The track now is to fair for everybody and we get no real home track advantage.

Even better 1987 and King Kelvin.

Watching that makes you realise how every race was like a final, a point dropped would cost you the title. Makes for good tv these days going to the last heat but for me 5 rides each, highest points scored wins.

Edited by Coventry_Bee

Lawson to win: £2 returns £1000

Do me proud son.

Probably would have been better to spend that £2 on a chocolate kettle.

• Like 2

Hope this is called off.

It would be funny.

You really sure this forum is the best place for you,please dont tell me its going to be like this for all of the school holidays.

• Like 1