British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
builderbob

Iow V Dudley

iow are treated to elite league rider adam roynon, with the sun now beaming brightly should be no reason for any postpoments. hopfully a bumper crowd, with the dudley suporters, and another iow win. anyone know the line ups? as iow lost there reserves last week. (get well soon gary)

Mark Baseby comes into the side, and Paul Starke goes down to reserve.

According to the Dudley Heathens web site in the preview they sat the following line up is expected.....

I OF W: Warwick, Hopwood , Hughes, Baseby, Baseby, TBC, Starke.

Dudley: Roynon, Greenwood, Perry, Bekker, Morris, Ritchings, White Williams.

Good luck and a very safe night to both teams. Pity I will not see the Heathens on the Island this year like the last two, as my August holiday only has a NT match against Mildenhall lined up at the moment on a Thursday and the Tuesday night is free!

With the weather forecast set fair, i am very tempted to travel down for this meeting.

dont think many dudley fans will come to this one,there 1st defeat and the ferry home might upset there stomachs :lol:

Might get sunstroke more like, not used to seeing sunshine on the Island.

1st defeat ? that remains to be seen definately the signing of Mark Baseby makes the IOW stronger, Starke down at reserve strengthens the Islanders also, biggest problem the Islanders have is consistency, which Kyle will turn up, Danny is strong around the IOW, Ben and Arron both can score vital wins.

For The Heathens Obviously Royno is going to be there or thereabouts 1, Ash & Tom both riding very well, Byron improving week by week , Daniel moves up into the team proper, and well deserved , Daryl is now showing the form of last season , and JWW will get some confidence boosting rides at reserve .

Outcome ?; well i very much doubt there will be a lot in this, but i do expect The Heathens to win, maybe by as much as 48 - 42

Might get sunstroke more like, not used to seeing sunshine on the Island.

1st defeat ? that remains to be seen definately the signing of Mark Baseby makes the IOW stronger, Starke down at reserve strengthens the Islanders also, biggest problem the Islanders have is consistency, which Kyle will turn up, Danny is strong around the IOW, Ben and Arron both can score vital wins.

For The Heathens Obviously Royno is going to be there or thereabouts 1, Ash & Tom both riding very well, Byron improving week by week , Daniel moves up into the team proper, and well deserved , Daryl is now showing the form of last season , and JWW will get some confidence boosting rides at reserve .

Outcome ?; well i very much doubt there will be a lot in this, but i do expect The Heathens to win, maybe by as much as 48 - 42

Looking forward to a close run meeting!

I agree consistancy has been our downfall this season. Paul Stark should make us stronger at reserve however he has been as inconsistant at home as anyone and he is only eligable to ride at reserve because his average has dropped, if Gary had not had the injury it is likely he would have moved up to the top 5 anyway with the new averages.

With no mechanical 'gremlins' we stand a good chance of beating Dudley however I think the choice of replacement for Dan Stoneman could be a deciding factor!

Adam Ellis, will ride at reserve for the IoW this evening, don't know much about, apart from I think he's been riding in the lakeside development side.

Adam Ellis, will ride at reserve for the IoW this evening, don't know much about, apart from I think he's been riding in the lakeside development side.

Having seen him in action a few times now, including Rye House on Saturday and Peterborough last night, he's a good 'un! :wink:

Island fans will be interested to know that Matt Tressarieu will be in the pits with him.

Edited by Bryn

Great looking side now for the IOW hope Kyle has a great meeting.

dont think many dudley fans will come to this one,there 1st defeat and the ferry home might upset there stomachs :lol:

I won't gloat, but I bet you so wished you hadn't made this comment now :)
  • Like 1