British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NOBODY

Carmarthen

Hello,

Just a quickie, has anyone got a 2003 Carmarthen programme they could do a cover scan for me please. Really desperate now...

Thanks all.

i will have a look tomorrow mate if you still need one , i should have one somewhere

Don't know how useful it is for you, but google threw this front cover up

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/62/61990/carmarthen_v_rye_house_jun_2003.jpg

Sorry don't have a prog but was hoping that Carmarthen track may have been resurrected :sad: after Newport demise, would give me a 'local' track to support on the ferry from Ireland few times year.

Sorry don't have a prog but was hoping that Carmarthen track may have been resurrected :sad: after Newport demise, would give me a 'local' track to support on the ferry from Ireland few times year.

It was attempted a few years ago but the committee running the Showground did not want speedway

It was attempted a few years ago but the committee running the Showground did not want speedway

And what a terrible shame that was too. I made the extremely long journey twice (there and back in the same day), and it was worth every hour of the tiring journeys.

The whole set-up looked tailor made for speedway, and I'd have thought an attractive tourism magnet for the many people that holiday in that area.

In fact I go back on what I said about it being a terrible shame, it would be better described as a bl**dy tragedy, as is the loss of Newport.

• Like 1

I went there a few times with Ben Powell was well set up but the was all just shut down such a shame.