British Speedway Forum

After looking at the table the top 8 look already sorted, three qualifyers and 4 picks i wonder who will join them. Hampel has to be a pick with Ward, then the other two could be any. the three qualifyers could be any of the Challenge.Looking at this year none of the riders from 10 down should not be in next season. They should have a year out of it and try and qualify next season.

What do you all think

I think they will pick Tai Woffinden instead of Harris as the token Brit as well as Hampel and Ward just depends who comes through the challenge to decide the last pick.

WHAT if...

Davey Watt gets through the Challenge. Ward would make it four Aussies. Too many?

No Danes get through the Challenge ... that would leave just one (NP). Not enough?

Vaculik does well again at Terenzano and (if he rides) Cardiff but doesn't get through the Challenge?

WHAT if...

Davey Watt gets through the Challenge. Ward would make it four Aussies. Too many?

No Danes get through the Challenge ... that would leave just one (NP). Not enough?

Vaculik does well again at Terenzano and (if he rides) Cardiff but doesn't get through the Challenge?

Which makes it all the more ridiculous that Tai wants to know early whether he is going to get a pick (as reported in the Star this week).

You can' t really plan the picks until you know who the other 11 are going to be.

Anyway after your comments regarding the seeding of Pavlic to the GP challenge, I thought you would be dead set against the use of nominated places.

Vaculik has proved his credentials so deserves a place by whatever route.

Ward should be offered a spot however many Aussies there are.

There are plenty of riders who have not had a chance before any Brit as we don't have any that deserve a pick.

If Woffy wants to be in it he should get in the top 3 of the challenge.

If Harris gets a pick then the whole SGP is a farce as he deserves nothing and has had more than enough chances and I like the guy.

Chuck MJJ in and see what happens. Put Greg Laguta in. Stick one of the Ukranians in. None of them could do any worse than Harris or Ljung.

And NKI is one of the best riders in any league of 2012 so why should he not get a pick.

In the end it will all depend on what Poland does and we will likely as not end up with the same 16 we had this year :)

Edited by pandorum

Vaculik has proved his credentials so deserves a place by whatever route.

Ward should be offered a spot however many Aussies there are.

There are plenty of riders who have not had a chance before any Brit as we don't have any that deserve a pick.

If Woffy wants to be in it he should get in the top 3 of the challenge.

If Harris gets a pick then the whole SGP is a farce as he deserves nothing and has had more than enough chances and I like the guy.

Chuck MJJ in and see what happens. Put Greg Laguta in. Stick one of the Ukranians in. None of them could do any worse than Harris or Ljung.

And NKI is one of the best riders in any league of 2012 so why should he not get a pick.

In the end it will all depend on what Poland does and we will likely as not end up with the same 16 we had this year :)

Agree with NKI.

Just one point: Woffy was scheduled to do the GP Challenge and try and get in that way but he broke his scaphoid and missed the Berwick qualifier.

plenty of riders that would be interesting to see in the GPS.

Ward, Vaculik, Jepsen Jensen, Iversen, Zmarszlik, G. Laguta, Hampel, are currently on my list.

Possibly also Prz Pawlicki.

Which makes it all the more ridiculous that Tai wants to know early whether he is going to get a pick (as reported in the Star this week).

You can' t really plan the picks until you know who the other 11 are going to be.

Anyway after your comments regarding the seeding of Pavlic to the GP challenge, I thought you would be dead set against the use of nominated places.

THINK it is very different situation re seeded riders with the Challenge and the GP itself. For starters, with the Challenge is the host country who gets a pick and that increases the chances of a fluke result that could see a rider totally unsuited to the GP getting a place.

It would make life a lot easier if Iversen and/or Jepsen Jensen and Vaculik take two of the spot Challenge spots. And what about Lindback, who I have christened the 'new Andy Smith'? He has been very disappointing in the GPs since NZ but seems to reserve his best form for the Challenge as did dear old Andy.

THINK it is very different situation re seeded riders with the Challenge and the GP itself. For starters, with the Challenge is the host country who gets a pick and that increases the chances of a fluke result that could see a rider totally unsuited to the GP getting a place.

It would make life a lot easier if Iversen and/or Jepsen Jensen and Vaculik take two of the spot Challenge spots. And what about Lindback, who I have christened the 'new Andy Smith'? He has been very disappointing in the GPs since NZ but seems to reserve his best form for the Challenge as did dear old Andy.

But at least Lindback and Smith qualified for the SGP series by right, in five (soon to be six) seasons, Harris has only done that once. How pissed off fans and riders from other nations must be by his constant whining. No other rider has had as many opportunities as Bomber, yet still he spends his time in the spotlight making up excuses for his failure. The latest; "nobody told me about the gates" was the most laughable so far....

As one or two others have said, Vaculik would be a valuable addition to the series, GP winner first time out says it all. Obviously Ward would be a hugely exciting rider to have in it and Hampel is surely guarenteed a place? He's still in 9th having missed two meetings.

I hope Iversen qualifies from the Challenge as he has proven to be World Class in all countries this year and is a totally different rider to the one who rode in the series a few years back.

Woffinden doesn't deserve a place, but he's British and no doubt the Spin Doctors will come up with an excuse to give him a place. Someone like Grigory Laguta would easily be ahead of Tai if the annual wild card charity wasn't based on nationality.

JT.

No other rider has had as many opportunities as Bomber,

I don't know. Wasn't Scott Nicholls christened 'the beggar' by the acerbic Subedei? ;)

• Like 1

Not sure on the total numbers but I think Bomber might even out-beggared Scotty. But the fact GB have to rely on charity is embarassing.

I've always had a problem with seeding riders in because there is a lack of a particular nation in the GPs.

I can see why it's done, don't get me wrong, but I would much rather have a field of exceptional riders regardless of how many there are from a particular nation, than a balanced field with sub-par riders involved.

Plus it would go a long way to show which countries are lacking in top level riders and should (hopefully) give that nation the kick it needs to sort it out

plenty of riders that would be interesting to see in the GPS.

Ward, Vaculik, Jepsen Jensen, Iversen, Zmarszlik, G. Laguta, Hampel, are currently on my list.

Possibly also Prz Pawlicki.

In my opinion they are all better riders than tai so maybe we would be best not to have a british rider in it this year.

In my opinion they are all better riders than tai so maybe we would be best not to have a british rider in it this year.

Again referring to my previous point, for the sake of entertainment I'd rather see no British rider, if a better rider were to be seeded.

• Like 1

I would have slight reservations if NKI qualified, how many riders have had 1 exceptional year and gone back to being average the year after? It probably will not happen but who's to know.