British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Rye House V Workington 13/8/12

Funny enough i was at that one too - that also was a good meeting.

Good entertainment at RH this year!

Indeed, been some good speedway. Shame that there aren't more there each week to see it.

Five of last nights side will be in the team next year without a doubt. Lanham,Mellgren,Lykke,with Bunyan and Garritty at reserve the basis of a very good team.

Surely not Lanham at number 1?

So according to some on here, next year we have a team which is going to be;

1. Neath or Gjedde

2. Lykke

3. Mellgren

4. R/R (Bowen)

5. Lanham

6. Bunyan

7. Garrity

If as I suspect Len will save a place for Luke when he is ready to return that leaves just the No. 1 spot to fill.

As Len has already had his rush of blood to the head by signing Lykke recently I would think he will go back to the old faithfuls and have Neath if fit at No. 1 or if not fit then try and keep Gjedde for another year.

Now I have spoilt everybodies fun over the close season by telling you all of next years team already :rofl:

yessssss chuffed with tonights result 1 point from Rye is certainly like a win, or it feels like one.

Well done boys everyone plus get behind Richie Lawson lets support the lad through this rough patch. bring on Sheffield!!

The mighty Comets :-)

Chuffed to bits with a point tbh, at one point we were 10 down I thought we were finished but no the lads dug deep and brought the point home , well done. Richard had an awful night and no one will be hurting more than him so last the thing he needs is the fans turning on him too, he is going through a real rough patch but hell alot of riders go through them and we need to get behind him and support him through it, he will come good again chin up Richard MOST of the fans are right behind you :approve:

lawson will find better form im sure unless theres something wrong behind the sceen were not seeing thats afecting him

Please don't give the rumour mill a reason to get grinding again, them lot on here will be jumping in and twisting things and fingers will be pointing at Worky management , I was talking with Richard after Saturdays meeting and he is just struggling at the minute, beating himself up about not knowing what he's doing wrong , he's trying everything but just not happening at the minute, don't think anyone else is involved

• Like 1

Garrity Mellgren and Lykke must be nailed on. Be good if nelson could join them. I think Lanham will be with us too. I would have thought that would leave enough points for a powerful spearhead.

Good meeting last night. Roynon looks back to his best. What a shame he has had all of those injuries. Nice touch for him to do an extra lap and clap the Rye fans. He Auty and Lanham will always be welcome guests at Rye.

Thought the crowd did nt look far off a sarurday night crowd.

Lawson just looked down on power rather than confidence. On his tactical ride he flew from the gate but our boys were passed him very quickly.

So according to some on here, next year we have a team which is going to be;

1. Neath or Gjedde

2. Lykke

3. Mellgren

4. R/R (Bowen)

5. Lanham

6. Bunyan

7. Garrity

If as I suspect Len will save a place for Luke when he is ready to return that leaves just the No. 1 spot to fill.

As Len has already had his rush of blood to the head by signing Lykke recently I would think he will go back to the old faithfuls and have Neath if fit at No. 1 or if not fit then try and keep Gjedde for another year.

I've no more idea about the state of Neathy's health than you, but my gut reaction, speaking to people who've experienced similar injuries, is that he'll take a lot longer to recover. Even if he makes a full recovery he may decide enoughs enough.

Luke's case is different. He.would want to be back on a bike as soon as possible. I read somewhere that he's targeting the middle of next year. Can we really afford to use rider replacement for half the season?

We won't be allowed R/R for Bowen anyway, so that's out of the question.

Whats all this Lanham to Rye crap about? He's on the way out and will offer nothing next season. Been awful for Ipswich and at the veteran stage where his average is only going one way. Silver should stay well clear. Same stage as Doolan, use to be a top man in this league, but nowhere near that now.

Silver has the basis for a solid side already next season if he can get Gjedde, Mellgren, Nielsen and Garrity to return. Nelson would be another good piece of the jigsaw if he returned, but after the last few years I have no faith in Silver completeing the side to a good standard.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

Silver has the basis for a solid side already next season if he can get Gjedde, Mellgren, Nielsen and Garrity to return. Nelson would be another good piece of the jigsaw if he returned, but after the last few years I have no faith in Silver completeing the side to a good standard.

Don't be too sure... Len has shown that he is already building for next season with the surprise signing of Kasper Likke, who nobody had heard of and has shown promise already in just a couple of meetings... He has been heard despairing at the low crowds this year, so he has the option of building an exciting young side to atempt to get the crowds back... You can guarantee that Ritchie Hawkins won't be in the side after todays shock team news!

Noticed Stefan Ekberg on the terraces last night. Maybe he could come up with another exciting young Swede in the Linus mould.

Len could also consider a radical shake up of the admissions policy, offering a family ticket (a perennial bugbear of mine) and revamping the presentation, which seems to be stuck in the 70's.

Edited by Shadders

Speak for yourself when you say "nobody had heard of" Kasper.I was there when he made his debut for poland

Speak for yourself when you say "nobody had heard of" Kasper.I was there when he made his debut for poland

Nobody that matters ;)

Of course I meant your regular British speedway fan

Please don't give the rumour mill a reason to get grinding again, them lot on here will be jumping in and twisting things and fingers will be pointing at Worky management , I was talking with Richard after Saturdays meeting and he is just struggling at the minute, beating himself up about not knowing what he's doing wrong , he's trying everything but just not happening at the minute, don't think anyone else is involved

He's pants at Armadale too , Son of God just suffers from " small technical track syndrome " , it's not an unusual state of affairs . He needs to ask his Dad how he rode Blantyre 1 for the key to riding these types of track .

Nobody that matters ;)

Ouch.....

Ouch.....

Apologies for any offence... I get it from my mothers side of the family ;)

No problem.just forgot a smiley of some sort :t:

Don't be too sure... Len has shown that he is already building for next season with the surprise signing of Kasper Likke, who nobody had heard of and has shown promise already in just a couple of meetings... He has been heard despairing at the low crowds this year, so he has the option of building an exciting young side to atempt to get the crowds back... You can guarantee that Ritchie Hawkins won't be in the side after todays shock team news!

Noticed Stefan Ekberg on the terraces last night. Maybe he could come up with another exciting young Swede in the Linus mould.

Len could also consider a radical shake up of the admissions policy, offering a family ticket (a perennial bugbear of mine) and revamping the presentation, which seems to be stuck in the 70's.

Think Len has got the best chance now to get the best team for next year and it wont be a surprise to see Kasper there, hope he is.

I dont think that there will be a NL team next year as Len said at the start of this season he had to think long and hard about having a NL side for this season.

And whats the shock team news Shadders??? :blink:

Edited by pongo