British Speedway Forum
Brooksy

Somerset V Berwick Friday 17th Aug.

Take it you were happy when Ricky got 5 points at Ipswich.

Seb didn't look fit on Saturday but clearly knows we are struggling badly with injuries so is trying to ride.

How many times this season has Ashworth let us down? Hes been superb and its a shame he got injured! If Alden isnt fit he shouldnt be riding!

Get a grip! I will state my opinion whether i was there or not! Go and have a look what Alden has done in Sweden this year, then look what hes done for us and ask yourself if hes been good enough!

Being honest I dont think his Swedish form is all that great in the Elite Division ,true he can beat Benny Johannson in the other League.

I do like any Berwick topic,it`s always entertaining... :lol:

• Like 1

Being honest I dont think his Swedish form is all that great in the Elite Division ,true he can beat Benny Johannson in the other League.

Ha ha ha! So you think beating guys like Bjerre. Zetterstrom, Pepe P, Miedzinkski and alot others is not strong form? Then beating guys like Lindback THJ in the premier division? Do me a favour.

OK

Ha ha ha! So you think beating guys like Bjerre. Zetterstrom, Pepe P, Miedzinkski and alot others is not strong form? Then beating guys like Lindback THJ in the premier division? Do me a favour.

OK :wink:

Wheres Mitch Davey when you need him O he was at Mattys testimonial top scorer for Bandits last season at OTA

Don't forget, he won us the fours in the final heat.

Happiness, happiness....lah, lah lah.

Edited by bigeddiechek

Better result than expected, hopefully for 2013 the promotion have to have Ricky, David and Robin 1st on the teamsheet then build around them.

Great result for the Rebels tonight 53-41. Superb 15+1 by James wright, thats much much better. Well done Wrighty, keep it up.

Don`t you want anybody dropped this week..?... :lol::P

Good to see Robin going well again at the OTA.

Pardon?

Granted... :lol:

Top quality thread..........thanks DB, you gave me a good laugh :rofl:

Don't forget, he won us the fours in the final heat.

Happiness, happiness....lah, lah lah.

I don't think our league posistion is anything to laugh about, nor will the increasing amount of empty seats be. I'll be there at 7 though

Team management at its finest, better not say too much people might start asking about me

There lies the problem, Alden suffers from Rymelitis. He's fantastic to watch when he's in the right mood and all is ok like in the fours final but when things go against him he ain't the kind of rider to put in a gritty performance and seems to throw the toys out the pram, this is the real frustration because Seb is obviously a very talented rider he just doesn't seem to be able to be consistent. When talking about 2013 if it became a straight choice between Ricky and Seb I'd prefer Ricky every time .

Aspregen is superb to watch around the Oak Tree to be fair, expect double figures from him.

Nicki Barrett has done plenty of second halves at Somerset from memory with the Viking team the past few years, and has never really impressed.

Actually Nicki has never raced Somerset in a 2nd half for the Vikings. The closest he got was when we visitied in October 2009 but did not ride after his bike caught fire whist warming it up. He has done an open meeting there last year and scored about 4 points.

There lies the problem, Alden suffers from Rymelitis. He's fantastic to watch when he's in the right mood and all is ok like in the fours final but when things go against him he ain't the kind of rider to put in a gritty performance and seems to throw the toys out the pram, this is the real frustration because Seb is obviously a very talented rider he just doesn't seem to be able to be consistent. When talking about 2013 if it became a straight choice between Ricky and Seb I'd prefer Ricky every time .

Exactly, hes got so much talent, thats why he is so frustrating. Im the same, Ashworth every day for me.

Decent effort from Berwick last night,though 5pts from Robson,Alden & Bellego is a bit disappointing,a point or two more from them and we just mightve nicked a point.Good night from Dyer,though Im wondering why when he`s having a decent meeting is wasnt giving an extra ride or two,Im sure it was considered as he looked our best bet of getting points.

Didn't Barrett do the Somerset Open? I remember him nearly fencing him self a couple of time..