British Speedway Forum
21st century heathen

Mildenhall V Dudley Sun 19th Aug 16:30

Everyone has had their say about the lead up to the meeting. So now it's upon us it's time to get back to what matters most, which is the racing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I think our boys + 1 can still give them a meeting. Our bottom 4 have all, at times, proven to be quick and smooth taking some big scalps.

As a neutral, I'd quite like to see Dudley just edging this meeting.

So what time does the meeting start? :P:rofl:

Seriously though, it still looks like a good meeting between two well-balanced teams.

All the best

Rob

Those people who think these two Teams are well balanced, really need to look at it realistically, how can any Team lose 30+ points, and still be competitive AWAY from Home, at home possibly, but away from Home no way.

Guest rider Gary Irvine for Adam Roynon, Gazza is a good young rider, but is he A Roynon ? no i dont think so. RR for Ash Morris, Irvine to win, Byron to get 2 a point a piece for Daryl and Dan, so we are down again, and an unattached 3 pointer in place of Tom Perry, well usually they are unattached for a reason, so again we are down, in my assesment all in all we are around 14 points below strength.

It was my honest opinion, that whoever used Garrity ar there Guest would win, I am still of that opinion, Nielsen will give very solid support so those two riders will take their own 4 rides, a RR ride, plus a Ht 15 ride each, that is 11 heats, and leaves only 4 Heats for the Heathens to win, sorry to say it, but i am a realist, Byron will hold his own, and give 110% as will our other three team members Dan, Daryl, and JWW, but do we have the Top end firepower except for Irvine, to beat The Fen Tigers on Sunday NO, Dan and Daryl both started the season at reserve, JWW is in fact now at reserve, so in my opinion i expect us to score somewhere between 35 and 40 points, but no more than that.

Edited by greyhoundp

No he can't.

Depends if Lewis is second in the Tigers averages, 1 above and all below can take his rides, where is Lewis Blackbird in the Tigers avs ?, and if Garrity cant take a RR, that leaves us 5 Heats where we wont have to face Garrity or Nielsen, and a chance to take a Heat advantage.

Edited by greyhoundp

We were unable to use Morley (guesting for cam) as the r/r at Lynn last Sat.So am assuming the same applies with Garrity.I believe Lewis is 3rd in the averages

Blackbird is definitely third in the averages which rules out Garrity for R/R. From memory, Nielsen has 8.65 average, Blackbird 7.01.

• Like 1

Those people who think these two Teams are well balanced, really need to look at it realistically, how can any Team lose 30+ points, and still be competitive AWAY from Home, at home possibly, but away from Home no way.

Guest rider Gary Irvine for Adam Roynon, Gazza is a good young rider, but is he A Roynon ? no i dont think so. RR for Ash Morris, Irvine to win, Byron to get 2 a point a piece for Daryl and Dan, so we are down again, and an unattached 3 pointer in place of Tom Perry, well usually they are unattached for a reason, so again we are down, in my assesment all in all we are around 14 points below strength.

It was my honest opinion, that whoever used Garrity ar there Guest would win, I am still of that opinion, Nielsen will give very solid support so those two riders will take their own 4 rides, a RR ride, plus a Ht 15 ride each, that is 11 heats, and leaves only 4 Heats for the Heathens to win, sorry to say it, but i am a realist, Byron will hold his own, and give 110% as will our other three team members Dan, Daryl, and JWW, but do we have the Top end firepower except for Irvine, to beat The Fen Tigers on Sunday NO, Dan and Daryl both started the season at reserve, JWW is in fact now at reserve, so in my opinion i expect us to score somewhere between 35 and 40 points, but no more than that.

On paper alot what you say makes sense, but take the last meeting of the season at Mildenhall last year for example, strange things can happen. I think the meeting will actually be a cracker.

• Like 1

As far as I can see, both teams are missing 3 out of 7 riders - Heeps, Blackbird and Stoneman for the Bog Moggies; Roynon, Morris and Perry for the Heathens.

Both teams are missing two heat leaders plus one reserve (although I admit Perry is a rather exceptional reserve).

So pretty evenly balanced.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Looks like we both have patched up teams. This will be an inportant one to win and hope that the Fen Tigers are up for this. Come on you TIGERS

Good luck to both Teams, hope The Heathens can get a point out of this, i would be over the moon with that, would have loved to have seen two full strength Teams battling it out on the Track. We all know the importance of what the outcome will help to achieve, it is who takes first pick in the play offs, as its our last away meeting We can afford to drop a point or two, we have already earned that.

Edited by greyhoundp